Science Hill Vs. Farragut

fanatic55

All I can say is wow! I am quite sure the Farragut seniors would chose to play the game, but to make them choose is truly in poor taste. These kids have gone to school for 13 years to earn a diploma and a right to graduate with their classmates.

Science Hill seems to like giving teams motivation, this could be the biggest example yet.

I was going originally post that I thought Farragut may be to banged up to have a chance, but it looks the Science Hill coach will is going to add some additional motivation for the Farragut team to play big. This is a major Mistake! Farragut 3 Science Hill 0

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ANY Science Hill players want to defend your coach?????

Make sure to thank him when your season ends for this one:):thumb::):lol:

TRUE colors have been shown!!!!!!!!

Farragut 2-1 if they play...they are banged up, but they know how to play when they want to!!!!!!!!

i personally can not believe that science hill would do such a thing. however, if he does pull this shanagan, farragut will surly be motivated to play. i believe that all the seniors would rather play than graduate, and hopefully farragut will come out focused and win.

Farragut 2-0

Go ISHMAEL!!!!!!!!

Three years ago the same situation existed; Farragut had lost to Bearden in the Regional finals and had to travel to Science Hill on graduation day. SH changed the time of the game to 11:00 AM to accomodate Farragut's graduating seniors. Farragut proceeded to whip them both on the scoreboard and physically on the field. Maybe Science Hill remembers that outcome and doesn't want a repeat.

Edited by Seldon

Couple of things here:

1) Science Hill, while maybe showing bad taste, have the right to schedule the game when they please, being they won the Region1 tournament.

2) In 2004, Oak Ridge played in the state tournament on graduation and upset Brentwood on the same day, so maybe it isn't a bad thing afterall. Everyone can graduate, but not everyone wins a title.

Good luck to both teams, should be a great game.

Edited by lcsoccer

Couple of things here:

1) Science Hill, while maybe showing bad taste, have the right to schedule the game when they please, being they won the Region1 tournament.

2) In 2004, Oak Ridge played in the state tournament on graduation and upset Brentwood on the same day, so maybe it isn't a bad thing afterall. Everyone can graduate, but not everyone wins a title.

Good luck to both teams, should be a great game.

i was in that game :thumb:

i agree, Farragut should play no matter what, just let this be motivation to show Science Hill there wrong doings by beating them soundly.

but even though the hilltoppers have the right to schedule the game whenever they want it still puts a bad taste in my mouth knowing that they would do this, especially being aware of it.

Settle down people.. SH has all rights to schedule this game, but as far as sportmanship goes, things can be work out. No need to start targeting our coach and program with words. We've agree to play the game at 10:00 AM. Great News huh!! Now lets go play :thumb:

Edited by Chizaggi

Settle down people.. SH has all rights to schedule this game, but as far as sportmanship goes, Things can be work out. No need to start targeting our coach and program with words. We've agree to play the game at 10:00 AM. Great News huh!! Now lets go play :thumb:

i think that everyone who posted about this, was saying it in the "if they...." situation.

that is great news!

Good Luck to both teams :)

Settle down people.. SH has all rights to schedule this game, but as far as sportmanship goes, things can be work out. No need to start targeting our coach and program with words. We've agree to play the game at 10:00 AM. Great News huh!! Now lets go play :thumb:

Great news indeed! Thanks for the update. I'll be there routing for Region 1.

Edited by soccer67

Unfortunately for the Farragut players, they will need to get up about 6am to get to the bus, drive 2 hours, get to the field by 9 and warm up for a 10am game while the SH guys get to sleep in. That's not cool either. I guess there is no perfect solution to the situation. Then again, that's why winning for home field advantage is so important.

Edited by soccer67

Guest Number8

Calm down. WE ALL are sacraficing things. IF We make state finals that means we all are missing out of our graduations. We WON and we deserver to set the time, but looks like Farragut refused to play us at 7, Game at ..... 10:00 A.M.

Edited by Number8