Division II State Tourney

midtnsportsfan

Where was the upset last year?

I would have to say the upset last year was the Ryan vs McCallie game because Ryan scored with 3 minutes left in the second over time to tie it up and go into pk's. Then in pk's Ryan got lucky that one of the McCallie players missed one of their shots.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of people prolly think that cbhs is gonna walk all over mba, and rightly so with how they've been playing this season. but i think mba will put up a fight. alex showed he's a very dangerous scorer yesterday when posted 5 goals on JP2. if there's gonna be an upset, i think this is the best chance.

I know you picked who you think will win, but you did it the easy way. There has to be at least one upset in there. Teams tend to play harder when they are faced with elimination.

ryan is looking better in the latter part of the season, even if their 5-0 loss doesnt show it, i say ryan vs baylor should be really close i might just have to give it to ryan, it really depends on how their coach sets things up, cause charles rodriguez creates lots for the ryan midfield but without him in the back their defense is lost. If ryan can finish their early chances they will win.

ryan is looking better in the latter part of the season, even if their 5-0 loss doesnt show it, i say ryan vs baylor should be really close i might just have to give it to ryan, it really depends on how their coach sets things up, cause charles rodriguez creates lots for the ryan midfield but without him in the back their defense is lost. If ryan can finish their early chances they will win.

Where did he play against you'll?

I agree that Ryan has been doing much better in the latter part of their season, but not much credit has been given to Baylor for the last part of their season. Baylor lost 2 games, one to Knox Catholic and one to McCallie, and both games were 1-0 games. Baylor ended up beating McCallie in the region finals. I'm quite unbiased between these two teams, but Baylor's record and season stats are hard to count out. I also watched the Baylor/Ryan game in which, even though it was a 1-1 tie, Baylor controlled the game. I would definitely give Baylor the upper hand in this game.

I'll put up the brackets and let everyone else discuss and debate.

QUARTERFINALS (Next Wednesday)

BRACKET ONE

CBHS(H) vs. MBA

4:00 p.m. Field #6

Baylor(H) vs. Ryan

6:30 p.m. Field #6

BRACKET TWO

BGA(H) vs. Briarcrest

4:30 p.m. Field #7

MUS(H) vs. McCallie

7:00 p.m. Field #7

The winners of Bracket One play Thurs at 6:30 and the winners of Bracket Two play Thurs. at 7p.

a lot of people prolly think that cbhs is gonna walk all over mba, and rightly so with how they've been playing this season. but i think mba will put up a fight. alex showed he's a very dangerous scorer yesterday when posted 5 goals on JP2. if there's gonna be an upset, i think this is the best chance.

i think your right, but MBA better have one of their good games, they have proven to be very inconsistent throughout this season and i think that they can give any team a run for their money if they are at their best.

overall though i will give this game to CBHS.

i think your right, but MBA better have one of their good games, they have proven to be very inconsistent throughout this season and i think that they can give any team a run for their money if they are at their best.

overall though i will give this game to CBHS.

It should be a great game. I wish I could watch it.