Riverdale vs. McCallie 2006?

I'm surprised that the Riverdale fans haven't taken the Kilbourne fans to task more for their backing out. For all the high school football superiority Ohioans claim over most other states, Kilbourne's reneging on the return game to Riverdale doesn't necessarily look good.

It costs too much just to get on 'their' sites just to rag on them. What really hurt was the possibility of the game being on ESPN2 and that went out the window when Coach Rankin left. I 'think' Kilbourne's Coach left also. That would have let alot of folks know exactly what kind of football is played in Tennessee.

Thing is there were some folks on here who are originally from Ohio that were feeding them (Kilbourne) info and openly saying they hoped R'dale lost. I saw ONE from a fan from Mt Juliet that was saying there was NO way R'dale would win. I would really love to know what he thought after R'dale went up there and not only beat the team but the refs as well!

I have to hand it to McCallie though, they stepped up and agreed to take on R'dale. To McCallie, Thank You! :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that the Riverdale fans haven't taken the Kilbourne fans to task more for their backing out. For all the high school football superiority Ohioans claim over most other states, Kilbourne's reneging on the return game to Riverdale doesn't necessarily look good.

Its not worth hashing over what they did was so bush league it is unbelivable our team raised a lot of many to make that trip i think there team could have done a lot of those same fund raisers to make they money to come they just chose not too but oh well i think we are now playing a MUCH better opponent any way in fact there is a good chance we lose this game so i like who we replaced them with anyway i wish it was a home game but McCallie payed pretty good for us to make the trip

I congratulate both Riverdale and McCallie for putting this game together at such a late date. This truly is good for high school football in Tennessee and will create interest throughout Middle and East Tennessee.

As a fan of high school football, I would have much more interest in seeing a game between two good in-state programs such as these rather than having these two programs be forced to go out of state to find an opponent that will play them.

In Riverdale`s case this backfired as the team they beat up on last year has now backed out of a return game.

Regularly, Division II teams are having to resort to going out of state to schedule games. For once I am glad to see the reverse happening.

Unless you are a border school that has a long time rivalry built up with a school right across the state line,you should try to play your games in state.

Now what does McCallie have in the way of an O-line?

I'm not sure what McCallie returns linemen-wise, but their O-line is typically relatively undersized but quick and fundamentally sound. They only gave up 6 sacks in 11 games last year, which gives Coleman plenty of time to find receivers. McCallie also led the league in rushing last year, so they're opening holes as well.

I'm not sure what McCallie returns linemen-wise, but their O-line is typically relatively undersized but quick and fundamentally sound. They only gave up 6 sacks in 11 games last year, which gives Coleman plenty of time to find receivers. McCallie also led the league in rushing last year, so they're opening holes as well.

Thanks! Sounds like the LB's AND the DBs are gonna get a real workout. He sounds like a Dave Thomas type of QB. Can he take a hit though and bounce right back?

R'dale has not been known to be nice to QB's as MBA well knows.

Congrats to B.J. on a terrific accomplishment. U.T. is not just getting an outstanding Q.B. but a better person which alot of schools overlook. The o-line will be key to his and the teams success as 4 of 5 starters will have to be replaced. All of his weapons return except the fullback which will help and the defense looked much improved in the spring.

I congratulate both Riverdale and McCallie for putting this game together at such a late date. This truly is good for high school football in Tennessee and will create interest throughout Middle and East Tennessee.

As a fan of high school football, I would have much more interest in seeing a game between two good in-state programs such as these rather than having these two programs be forced to go out of state to find an opponent that will play them.

In Riverdale`s case this backfired as the team they beat up on last year has now backed out of a return game.

Regularly, Division II teams are having to resort to going out of state to schedule games. For once I am glad to see the reverse happening.

Unless you are a border school that has a long time rivalry built up with a school right across the state line,you should try to play your games in state.

ABSOLUTELY!! Man this is great! Way to go Riverdale! and McCallie! Glad to see that the new Riverdale coach is willing to put his team out there and schedule this type of game. Maybe this will change some attitudes around the state and we can see more of this for everyone in DII.