Riverdale vs. McCallie 2006?

I saw on Riverdale's website that they have a "tentative agreement" to travel to McCallie on Week 0. McCallie already has a ten game schedule listed on their website. Is this game going to take place? Is McCallie playing 11 games this season?

I hope that the game does take place. It would be great to see these two compete against each other. A possible matchup of the 5A champs and the D2 AAA champs.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw on Riverdale's website that they have a "tentative agreement" to travel to McCallie on Week 0. McCallie already has a ten game schedule listed on their website. Is this game going to take place? Is McCallie playing 11 games this season?

I hope that the game does take place. It would be great to see these two compete against each other. A possible matchup of the 5A champs and the D2 AAA champs.

I believe that a high school team can only play in 10 regular season games.

I believe (not totally sure) that McCallie dropped Memphis Treadwell to play Riverdale, thus making it a 10-game schedule.

Riverdale will be good - of course they always are - but McCallie will give them a great game and then some. McCallie returns one of the top QBs (B.J. Coleman) in the state and always has a tough team. This should be a good barometer test for both schools.

Edited by rollredroll

I believe (not totally sure) that McCallie dropped Memphis Treadwell to play Riverdale, thus making it a 10-game schedule.

Riverdale will be good - of course they always are - but McCallie will give them a great game and then some. McCallie returns one of the top QBs (B.J. Coleman) in the state and always has a tough team. This should be a good baromter test for both schools.

Is Bradford one of the WR for McCallie? If so, will he be back for 06?

Week 1, not week 0.

McCallie plays Alcoa on Sept. 22.

I do believe the Treadwell game has been replaced with a Riverdale game for McCallie. Should be quite interesting. McCallie's schedule has to be one of the toughest in the state.

Do you middle tennesseeans think it may take R'dale a few games to adjust to its new coach?

oh no coach a is fitting right in at rhs as well as the wingt rhs will be just fine this year

• 4 weeks later...

8/25 at McCallie. Compliments to both schools for giving their fans and players an opportunity to watch and participate in what should be a great game. Riverdale has nothing to gain scheduling a DII team except the satisfaction of playing a more competitive schedule.

Edited by soccerpro1