Farragut vs. Riverdale

ihavenofriendzz

ambiguousrock Farragut wins 2-1.

BlackmanSoccerDad Riverdale 2 - Farragut - 1

Tin-Man 2-1 for Farragut in overtime

soccer4life Farragut will give them more than they can handle and take the win by 2-3 goals

Wavecup Farragut wins 2-0.

Ok, now how many of you have actually seen both teams play, more specifically, play RECENTLY?

Probably none of them. They're basing their predictions, like everyone else does, on others who LOST to these two teams saying awwww they weren't all that...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ambiguousrock Farragut wins 2-1.

BlackmanSoccerDad Riverdale 2 - Farragut - 1

Tin-Man 2-1 for Farragut in overtime

soccer4life Farragut will give them more than they can handle and take the win by 2-3 goals

Wavecup Farragut wins 2-0.

Ok, now how many of you have actually seen both teams play, more specifically, play RECENTLY?

I guess you didn't see my comments, because I said I had not seen farragut play and I based my prediction off of goals scored and scored against on each team. I have only watch Riverdale, but I have watch them most of the year.

Edited by BlackmanSoccerDad

I haven't seen Farragut play, but we played Riverdale and they beat us 3-0. They controlled the ball very well, but, seeing as we scored two of their goals (haha) for them, I don't think they are as good offensively are they could potentially be. Their defense was pretty solid. I haven't seen Farragut play, so based on what other people have said, I predict a close, fast-paced game with Riverdale coming out on top 1-0.

Sorry BlackmanSoccerDad, I do not agree with part of your statement. "They possess the ball very well and will kind of feel you out in the first half." I was at the game on Saturday and from what I saw, McMinn controlled the ball for at least 80% of the time. The goals that Riverdale scored were breakaways, nothing that required possession. I congratulate Riverdale on the fine win, but I think Farragut will beat Riverdale in a not so close game. It can only be close by score, if Riverdale's goalkeeper shows up and controls his box. :thumb:

80% of the time, uh, you are off your rocket dude. You don't score 3 goals and the other team have possession 80% of the time, get your Rose Colored glasses off. I was at the game, you probably had possession more of the game, but it was probably more like 55% McMinn to 45% Riverdale, mainly because of the come out and get them in the second half the first 10 minutes and the end of the second half, win Riverdale went to a defensice stance only. The rest of the time it was 50% possession ball by both teams.

I was giving an overall assessment of Riverdale, not the game between McMinn and Riverdale, because someone ask who Riverdale was. I guess you miss that. You cannot judge a team that you have not watched on a consistent basis and I have watch Riverdale all year long.

Lets say this, I predict Riverdale is going to win, but it could go either way, base soley on goals scored against and goals allowed for each team. Just like last year for the distrcit 7 Team (Blackman), everyone said Soddy Daisy was going to beat us (won 2-1), then we get to state and everyone, including the Germantown newspaper said, I believe the quote in the newspaper was "easy time with Blackman," (won 3-1). Now there were predictions of a walk through to state by McMinn and Ooltewah, only half right. Hopefully people will start giving a a little respect to Riverdale. I am sure Farrugut is a very good team, you don't have a record like that and not be a good team, but they sure have allowed a lot of goals this year, and I think personally that defense wins games in soccer, which is why you see 2-1 games or 1-0 games once you get to the state level. We'll see, I think it's going to be a great game, no matter who wins.

Edited by BlackmanSoccerDad

soulman, yes I have seen and played against Farragut before. They are a good team and Im still sticking with my prediction. I have not seen Riverdale play or have even heard of them for that matter, Im sure they are good since they've managed to stay in this long but Farragut is the better team and will honestly give them more than they can handle. But then again there could be an upset. :thumb:

I think personally that defense wins games in soccer

aw man, i hate that. I can not wait until i am a coach, we are going to be mostly offensive. I just see too many games in which a team has this great defense and does not really know how to play offense and they get one 'sucky', 'unlucky' 'mess up' goal against them and can not get it back with a 1-0 loss, that is why my team will learn offense first. :thumb:

alright with that said i will get back on topic, soulman no i have not seen riverdale play, but one can make a pretty solid prediction by the other teams performances and painting a picture of how their team plays by what i read on these forums.

and looking at their schedule it has not been very hard and that is why they have not been scored on alot, i think it is about time they hit the big boys and can't handle it.

Just like Morristown West and Bearden, they too had not allowed alot of goals before because of their weak schedule and then BOOM! 4 in one game.

interesting......

well, I guess thats why we still play the game ..... on any given day .....

uhh... i am glad that you play and have made it this far, maybe you all (riverdale) can shove my words right down my throat, good luck in that.

Predictions are just predictions, you should get over them, my thinking you all are going to lose does not mean that it is true, go out there and play the best you can and maybe you will advance.

The main difference between these two teams is that Riverdale plays typical high school soccer, with a lot of "kicking it up the field", where as Farragut plays a bit more developed soccer, with the focus on possession.

You have no idea what you are talking about, Riverdale plays possession soccer, first of all we played them twice this year and secondly I have watch them over the past three years. Coach Arman does not play that way.