Livingston Academy only went 5-5 for the season so thats all it takes is enoguh to make the playoffs then anything can happen

You're right. See, 5-5 would be a great accomplishment for DC this season. But even if they win only 3 or 4 games they shouldn't hang their heads. It's a work in progress...

THE SQUAD :P

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about their non-region games, but they will not win any region games. Nothing against DeKalb, but they play in a killer region (White House, PC, and Greenbrier), and all of the weaker teams from last year will be better (Sycamore and Station Camp). The only game that is even a possibility is Macon, but that won't happen either, no matter what former player comes back to coach. Regardless, I would still love to see DC shock the world; that would be the story of the year!

I'm not sure about their non-region games, but they will not win any region games. Nothing against DeKalb, but they play in a killer region (White House, PC, and Greenbrier), and all of the weaker teams from last year will be better (Sycamore and Station Camp). The only game that is even a possibility is Macon, but that won't happen either, no matter what former player comes back to coach. Regardless, I would still love to see DC shock the world; that would be the story of the year!

You hit it dead on right there buddy. Pearl-Cohn and White House are the best two teams in this region and they won't be down for the next two years. Don't be suprised if one of those two teams wins a state title in the two upcoming seasons (2006 OR 2007). Greenbrier is a very well coached team that has hard working kids that always come through the program. The style of football that they play will always make them a force to be reckoned with. Sycamore and Station Camp may be the most improved two 3A teams in the state this upcoming season (although a serious case could be made for Marshall County). The funny thing about that is that they're in the same region. Macon Co. is a possibility for DeKalb to pull off an upset. Macon lost their best player in Jonathan Hudson in what was nothing short of a tragedy. Michael Dallas was pretty much the team's offense for the most part of last season and he is gone to graduation.

Question. So why could DeKalb not be a contender in all this? Can they not improve? Can they not be coached? Can they not be strong and have talent?

I'm just curious why they can't be a contender. I understand the PC and WH for the most part, but why leave them out of the running?

What does Macon have and what has Marshall done to be so improved?

You hit it dead on right there buddy. Pearl-Cohn and White House are the best two teams in this region and they won't be down for the next two years. Don't be suprised if one of those two teams wins a state title in the two upcoming seasons (2006 OR 2007). Greenbrier is a very well coached team that has hard working kids that always come through the program. The style of football that they play will always make them a force to be reckoned with. Sycamore and Station Camp may be the most improved two 3A teams in the state this upcoming season (although a serious case could be made for Marshall County). The funny thing about that is that they're in the same region. Macon Co. is a possibility for DeKalb to pull off an upset. Macon lost their best player in Jonathan Hudson in what was nothing short of a tragedy. Michael Dallas was pretty much the team's offense for the most part of last season and he is gone to graduation.

i think dekalb will win 2 games this year mayb 3 w /there schedule. they have a great group of seniors but orcutt, howe , stone, and fuson cant carry the team, c cripps, and dunnaway and john curtis and brent collier wil have to step up to help this team. they have an excellent gruop of freshman comin in who have rearely loss so 2 years look to c this team winnin

25-Aug

Warren County

H

7:30 win

1-Sep

Greenbrier*

H

7:30 loss

8-Sep

Watertown

A

7:30 win

15-Sep

Station Camp*

H

22-Sep

Cannon County

A

7:00 loss, will b a close game but they have improved alot

29-Sep

Pearl Cohn*

A

7:00 blowout

6-Oct

Upperman (Homecoming)

H

7:30 they have a chance close game last year, and homecomin but lose a close game

13-Oct

White House*

H

20-Oct

Sycamore*

A

27-Oct

Macon County*

A

7:00 loss

They do have a chance against Cannon Co.

cannon has imprvoed they do have a chance but i thank they will lose but it wont really b a big home game for cannon cause dekalb jus brings jus as many ppl, and they will want to avenge there homecoming loss last year

Question. So why could DeKalb not be a contender in all this? Can they not improve? Can they not be coached? Can they not be strong and have talent?

I'm just curious why they can't be a contender. I understand the PC and WH for the most part, but why leave them out of the running?

What does Macon have and what has Marshall done to be so improved?

Spring scrimmages are just that..spring scrimmages.

It don't count until the fall.

But (there's always a but isn't there ?), Lewisburg beat DeKalb in a

spring scrimmage about 60-12 or something close to it. I'm sure

both teams were without their full rosters & depending on who was

missing could have had an impact on their team.

But in Lewisburg, if we score 60 and give up only 12 this year...well,

that's improvement !!

I dont believe DeKalb is being givin enough credit as a improved team but everyone will find out how hard they have been working come this fall i believe

They've inmproved BUT the question I have got for you is which team in the region have they surpassed?????? The only team they have a shot of beating this year in the region was a state playoff team last season (Macon Co.).

Sycamore and Station Camp were the other two teams outside of DeKalb that missed the playoffs last year in Region 4-3A and those teams will be much better this fall as compared to last. There's no way anyone can convince me that DeKalb has surpassed teams like Pearl-Cohn, White House, and Greenbrier. The first two of those teams will not only be contenders to win the region this fall but they'll also be contenders to win the state title in 3A this fall. Greenbrier is a teams that has won the region title the last three years. I highly doubt that a team that has done that is just going to suddenly fall totally off of the map and miss the playoffs altogether by losing to a team that went 0-10 last season.

They've inmproved BUT the question I have got for you is which team in the region have they surpassed?????? The only team they have a shot of beating this year in the region was a state playoff team last season (Macon Co.).

Sycamore and Station Camp were the other two teams outside of DeKalb that missed the playoffs last year in Region 4-3A and those teams will be much better this fall as compared to last. There's no way anyone can convince me that DeKalb has surpassed teams like Pearl-Cohn, White House, and Greenbrier. The first two of those teams will not only be contenders to win the region this fall but they'll also be contenders to win the state title in 3A this fall. Greenbrier is a teams that has won the region title the last three years. I highly doubt that a team that has done that is just going to suddenly fall totally off of the map and miss the playoffs altogether by losing to a team that went 0-10 last season.

You are right,,, they will be a better team, but have a long way to go to compete in their region. It will take several yrs to rebuild the program. Coach stability is the first step.