• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

give them till their sophmores senior year they will b over 500 for sure then

Oh I agree with you there 100%. In fact I'd be very shocked if DeKalb Co. is not a state playoff team in 2007. In 2008 (the final year of the current region alignment) they might be one of the favorites to win Region 4-3A. By then they'll have kids all over the field with a ton of varsity experience under their belts and "experience" is something that is very valuable in deciding the difference between a successful team and a team that doesn't quite know how to win the close ones in the end.

Keep up the improvement DeKalb :lol:

What makes you think dekalb can win agianst Warren County. You all are talking like this a sure win. Warren County beat you 50+ points last year. And yes, everbody has been hard at it since last year.

y couldnt dekalb beat them the odds r against sinc ehtey r a 3a school but y couldnt they

y couldnt dekalb beat them the odds r against sinc ehtey r a 3a school but y couldnt they

exactly dekalb is a 3a team n warren is 5a and yes they did blow out dekalb lat year but you was probably considered a bad team if you didnt blow out dekalb but we really dont know what will happen until the season starts so we will just have to wait and find out

What makes you think dekalb can win agianst Warren County. You all are talking like this a sure win. Warren County beat you 50+ points last year. And yes, everbody has been hard at it since last year.

There are definately no "sure wins" until you meet on the field, but making the claim you beat them 50+ last year doesn't even count.

Last year DeKalb was beat down from the start. You all know the story of them being in complete turmoil all summer then the coaching change 2 weeks before the first game of the season and there was so much more behind the scenes. I mean these guys went something like 3 weeks or more with very little practice right before season!

The young men this year are an entirely different TEAM.

From everything I've seen and heard, these boys have their hearts back and their will to win back. I don't think these young men will shut down if they are scored on first as they've done in the past!

They have been dedicated and worked hard on and off the field.

The point made about the region is very true. DeKalb is in a very tough region especially with the instability in the program for the last 4 years, but that could very well be motivation to work harder and smarter.

While they may not pull a play off this year (and I'm not convinced they won't), I gaurantee those who meet them on the field will know for a fact they have played a football game this year!

The first thing the DC team needs is some community support. If they can play well enough to get the crowd not to leave after the halftime show, they should probably consider the season a success. More people come out to watch the band than the football team. I'm not talking about the parents of the players coming out to support the team, I'm talking about the whole community. Smaller schools in neighboring counties (Watertown, Gordonsville, Smith Co, Upperman, Monterey) draw three and four times the crowds that Smithville does at the beginning of games and probably ten times as many at the end of games. There is no reason that Friday nights in Smithville shouldn't be as special as they are in some of these other places.

I think it will take more than a couple of years for them to be competetive in this region. It is true that there was a lot of turmoil last season, but nobody has stated the fact that Coach Trapp never coached above the Jr. Pro level until last year. He was in over his head from the get go and it will take him quite a while to catch up to the other coaches in the region. To jump from coaching 11 year olds to coaching against White House and Pearl Cohn was probably way too much to ask of anyone. I'm glad there seems to be some pride and heart being instilled into the football team, but until the coaching staff is up to par with X's and O's with the other coaching staffs in the region, pride and heart will only carry you so far.

• 1 month later...

lol this is so funny

I believe yall were saying the samething last year

we might be losing are q-b but i still think were going to be better than last year

lol sry this is funny

if yall win 2 games i think yall should have party for a great year

yall are making it sound like yall are the only time that start working right after the season every time does that

The score: WC 49 Dekalb 0

Dekalb won't even make the 3A playoffs.

There will be plenty of "good teams" that won't make the 3A Playoffs in '06. Just look at Region 2-3A last year where Anderson Co. (a team that beat the defending 2-time champs) missed out on going to the playoffs. Other good teams that missed the playoffs last year included Sycamore (beat Marshall Co.), Giles Co. (beat Creek Wood), Page (beat White House), and even Obion Central (beat Covington & Union City). Each of those five teams could have been tough outs in last year's playoffs :rolleyes: