• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to hear more about this.Especially since the entire coaching staff is presently made up of former players.

Who could it be, who could it be?

yes they all are former player but when they played they were a winning so im sure they would love nothin more than see this group of boys they got now to win and thats why there my team im pickin to pull off some upsets this year

They do have a chance against warren Co. Warren Co is better along the front lines that a few yrs ago, but DeKalb could win this game.

I think DeKalb definately has a chance to pull off some upsets this year. These boys have not stopped working since the finish of last season. They played their last game on Friday night and met in the locker room and hit the weight room on Monday.

These boys have heart. These boys are learning what it takes to be a team. These boys are learning and working together. Very few people know what these boys have been through together. They've had sand thrown in their eye more than once.

I will say that since I'm not perosonally involved anymore, I'm not sure if they are being taught specifics about their positions, which is must, especially when you have kids playing that may not know the sport as well.

But I can say the boys seem to have more spirit, more eagerness and muc less patience with those who want to knock them down\ and talk trash. Those, my friends, are good things.

Hopefully the coaches have learned since being thrown in the midst of a mess last year, that you can't play the same 11 on both sides, start to finish. I hear they may have a kid that can pass this year and may have one or two that can catch. I've heard they have a Junior and Senior class that will be tough to stop.

I've heard some good things so far. The community as a whole seems to be waiting with excitment.

Someone sent me a link for their website with their schedule on it the other day. If I can find it I'll post it.

Good luck Tigers - your Pride may be one of envy this year. :thumb:

I think DeKalb definately has a chance to pull off some upsets this year. These boys have not stopped working since the finish of last season. They played their last game on Friday night and met in the locker room and hit the weight room on Monday.

These boys have heart. These boys are learning what it takes to be a team. These boys are learning and working together. Very few people know what these boys have been through together. They've had sand thrown in their eye more than once.

I will say that since I'm not perosonally involved anymore, I'm not sure if they are being taught specifics about their positions, which is must, especially when you have kids playing that may not know the sport as well.

But I can say the boys seem to have more spirit, more eagerness and muc less patience with those who want to knock them down\ and talk trash. Those, my friends, are good things.

Hopefully the coaches have learned since being thrown in the midst of a mess last year, that you can't play the same 11 on both sides, start to finish. I hear they may have a kid that can pass this year and may have one or two that can catch. I've heard they have a Junior and Senior class that will be tough to stop.

I've heard some good things so far. The community as a whole seems to be waiting with excitment.

Someone sent me a link for their website with their schedule on it the other day. If I can find it I'll post it.

Good luck Tigers - your Pride may be one of envy this year. :thumb:

i have there schedule

18-Aug

Lebanon Jamboree

A

TBA

25-Aug

Warren County

1-Sep

Greenbrier*

8-Sep

Watertown

15-Sep

Station Camp*

22-Sep

Cannon County

29-Sep

Pearl Cohn*

6-Oct

Upperman (Homecoming)

13-Oct

White House*

20-Oct

Sycamore*

27-Oct

Macon County*

* Region Opponent

2006 JV Schedule

28-Aug

Marshall County

11-Sep

Cannon County

25-Sep

Monterey

9-Oct

Watertown

some tough games in there but they may can pull off some upsets

If they can win 3 to 5 games out of that schedule that should be considered a good season. Can't expect to win 7 or 8 games this year after where they've been.

It will take some time to really build. I hope everybody keeps that in perspective. Good luck to DC this season. :thumb:

THE SQUAD :thumb:

If they can win 3 to 5 games out of that schedule that should be considered a good season. Can't expect to win 7 or 8 games this year after where they've been.

It will take some time to really build. I hope everybody keeps that in perspective. Good luck to DC this season. :lol:

THE SQUAD :lol:

Livingston Academy only went 5-5 for the season so thats all it takes is enoguh to make the playoffs then anything can happen