Boyd Buchanan Head Coach Robert Akins Resigns...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if he would considor the job at CCS? I believe it won't be high school for a year or two but they seem to have some good overall resources to have a strong program in 5-10 years.

CCS would be the perfect situation for Akins. He'd get them off to a fast start and prevent them from becoming a perennial doormat, the way most new programs do. I've heard CCS is committed to building a good football program. They already have a good soccer and Bball. If I overlooked a program I'm sorry. These are just the ones I read about.

What better way to inaugurate a new program than starting with one of the best?

Thanks for your comment, BnL. It SHOULD be enough when told that "personal reasons" are the factors. There is no scandal, there is no "story", and a respected man who has served and lead in the way that Robert has deserves to be given his space. He will be missed, but he will be in demand immediately for his skills and integrity as a coach.

My hat is off to the man for all that he has done for Boyd-Buchanan school and also to the board of directors for their continued leadership.

CCS would be the perfect situation for Akins. He'd get them off to a fast start and prevent them from becoming a perennial doormat, the way most new programs do. I've heard CCS is committed to building a good football program. They already have a good soccer and Bball. If I overlooked a program I'm sorry. These are just the ones I read about.

What better way to inaugurate a new program than starting with one of the best?

I'd love for him to come and coach. He would bring an impression saying that We aren't pushovers in our first year.