CAK in 2007

TheMighty

Congrats to CAK on their 4th championship. Question though. What is BigG gonna do when he's not banking on Platillero's players to bail him out anymore?

well idk what you're talking about when you platillero's players but obviously he's doing something right. you don't just win 4 consecutive state titles off of luck. if they win a 5th, that'd be something.

I wish people wouldn't say things to motivate the 4 time defending state champ. Whoever coaches these players in club or elsewhere has obviously done a great job, but it isn't as if Coach Gerlach just sits back on the bench for 3 months of the season and let them do whatever they want. It all works together. Have a good summer everyone.

Congrats to CAK on their 4th championship. Question though. What is BigG gonna do when he's not banking on Platillero's players to bail him out anymore?

I'll be the first one to admit that Coach Platillero left and built a wonderful program. I was very fortunate to come into that situation. There are many coaches that are better than I am, and who will be better than I am... I never claimed to be the reason for the championships.

But more to your point, this year none of the players on CAK's team had Coach Platillero, since he left 4 years ago (for those not in the know, Coach P was the head soccer coach at CAK before I came there, who left to go into missions in Spain 4 years ago... AWESOME man, and a GREAT coach). We were just fortunate to win. Several teams could have done it, and had the talent to do it.

So... I guess my "bank" is out of funds. Don't know what I'll do now. I'm pretty good at Ping-Pong, so maybe we'll start a team. Either that, or Spades.

Edited by BigGExpress

Four in a row and no respect. I know this doesn't bother you Big G because winning soccer games or championships is not your highest priority. So I am going to crack my opinion on this one.

I have seen around 5 or 6 CAK games this past year, mostly against Catholic. Most of the players on the team are not on division one soccer teams. Now this does not make them any less of a player, but they choose to focus on other important things in life. Many of the schools in this area have more division one bench players than CAK has players. Both Bearden and Farragut have around 15 each on their varsity squads and Catholic had around 11. They beat Farragut 1-0, and it could have been worse. Tied Catholic 0-0 and outplayed them most of the game. Beat Catholic twice, even though I heard they were taking it to you the last 10 minutes of the final(Sorry G).

Also when you watch CAK play, they play a nice passing game and look to work the ball up the field as a unit. That means everybody gets touches on the ball, not only the few D1 players. They also defend with passion and organization, making few mistakes, and they do not give up a lot of goals.

With all that being said, I believe the man knows how to coach and deserves some credit. Even though he will give all the credit to the players.

:ph34r:

I don't think the poster (or BigG) thinks this post was anything other than some fun. Coach Platillero is a fine coach and person, but he hasn't been at CAK for a long time. I'd give him a huge nod for his substantial contributions to CAK's soccer program, but since he left, this is and has been Coach Gerlach's team.

Frankly, I'm guessing "The Mighty" is a CAK fan just trying to annoy/motivate next year's players so they won't suffer the beatings that Catholic, Kingston, Loudon, Oneida and the rest of the District think the Warriors have coming their way. Four years is enough. The Warriors need to learn to share. :thumb:

I'll be the first one to admit that Coach Platillero left and built a wonderful program. I was very fortunate to come into that situation. There are many coaches that are better than I am, and who will be better than I am... I never claimed to be the reason for the championships.

But more to your point, this year none of the players on CAK's team had Coach Platillero, since he left 4 years ago (for those not in the know, Coach P was the head soccer coach at CAK before I came there, who left to go into missions in Spain 4 years ago... AWESOME man, and a GREAT coach). We were just fortunate to win. Several teams could have done it, and had the talent to do it.

So... I guess my "bank" is out of funds. Don't know what I'll do now. I'm pretty good at Ping-Pong, so maybe we'll start a team. Either that, or Spades.

hmm, i didn't know you were good at anything....much less ping-pong, we should play sometime. haha well i saw this forum and i had to write in it. i will say personally that i believe G is a GREAT coach and an even better person. i for sure enjoyed my one season under him!! let me tell you, G knows his soccer thats for sure!!! and what does he have to prove it....4 state championship trophies and rings. not too bad if you ask me. but the best part of being on G's team doesn't have to do with soccer and winning it has to do with G as a person. G is a great guy and is very happy and lively and that spreads to his players which creates brotherly and close team. and trust me, when you have players that are happy and like everyone and like the coach and get along, then your team will play a whole lot better than you expect them to. well thats about it, G i'm sorry i just shared your secrets to being an amazing coach, hopefully the other coaches won't read this and steel your plans. love you man

. G is a great guy and is very happy and lively

Except for when I have a corner flag lodged in the back of my skull!

But seriously, thanks B.T.

Coach Logan, don't kid yourself. You are a soccer player locked up in a 350 lb. body! Can't wait for camp!

Hoya, the day is coming. While we don't really like to share that particular "toy", the day is coming when it will be out of our hands. We came VERY close to losing it to one of the best teams we have ever played. (I have since bought stock in round post soccer goals). :huh: Think about the highschool in South Carolina, Irmo (I think). They won 16 out of 25! WOW! Now, THAT's not sharing!

:huh:

I don't think the poster (or BigG) thinks this post was anything other than some fun. Coach Platillero is a fine coach and person, but he hasn't been at CAK for a long time. I'd give him a huge nod for his substantial contributions to CAK's soccer program, but since he left, this is and has been Coach Gerlach's team.

Sorry, i thought they were serious. I am trying to get a sense of humor, but I am still waiting on them to go on sale.

Coach Logan, don't kid yourself. You are a soccer player locked up in a 350 lb. body! Can't wait for camp!

I dont know if you have my phone number to call me for details. If you dont, make me a plus member and send me a private message, please(that'd be awesome if you really could do that but i doubt you have that much power). I dont think ive hit 350 yet, but if i have, i dont doubt that a few games of super extreme destructo crazy ball will help me to drop some lbs.

I dont know if you have my phone number to call me for details. If you dont, make me a plus member and send me a private message, please(that'd be awesome if you really could do that but i doubt you have that much power). I dont think ive hit 350 yet, but if i have, i dont doubt that a few games of super extreme destructo crazy ball will help me to drop some lbs.

Ha! I'm not that powerful!!! Call me at home. If you don't have the number, get it from Al Pal (and remind him, he still owes me a mile).

Super X-Treme Destructo Crazy Ball.... that's what I will do after I retire from soccer coaching!!! Forget Ping-pong!