• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man what a tough region

1crocket co.

2covington

3haywood

4dyersburg

5obion co.(they could end up beating haywood or dyersburg for 3or4)

6ripley

7dyer co.

i believe you have the four teams correct but not in the right order

1 dyersburg

2 crocket co

3 covington

4, haywood

obion is a solid team also, but there is alot of problems there i herd that the majority of their coaches interviewed for new jobs and one went to dyer county.crocket and dyersburg are loaded with returning starters it will be interesting when they play,,, the word is that dyersburgs qb ran a 4.3 at the memphis combine and there tailback ran a 4.42 that will be a fast pair,,, but the word is that shawn and ron look good as well did shawn realy gain 15 pounds of muscle this winter,,, both teams are loaded it will be interesting,,,,, but if i was a betting man i would bett crocket wont let dyersburg air it out on them this year

dburg and cc will more than likely be the coaches pick as the two teams to battle for top 2 spots...

however, ochs has the talent on offense to be as good....the only question will be their defense...

haywood and covington will be about as good as they were last year...

ripley and dc will be better, but will they be good enough to make the playoffs???

dburg won this region last year and was 10-0....they will be much stronger this fall...but so will crockett and obion....

this will be a good year for region 7 as there are no less than 3 teams who could win the title, while two others could challenge.....

i believe your right..... looking through the seniors that left obion looks great and so does dyersburg dyersburg has key players returning so does crockett... covington will be young this year.. look out for riply also.. they have some great linemen who will return.. i believe dyercounty will be week again this year the one man show up there is great but not able to win enought on his own to make the playoffs

so your a dyersburg guru tell us about beasly, elam, tedalton,taylor,caldwell,, i herd taylor runs a 4.3 and caldwell runs a 4.4 is it true... the word at memphis is thet tedaltons hight is his only down fall 6'1 260 runs a 4.6 benchs 375 and cleangs 345 quiet an athleat id say,,,, are the facts on tedalton correct

highschoolsportsfan, this region has no less than 5 teams that can compete for a region title........obion will have a solid offense with one of the best qb's in the west tn, but is their defense going to be better than what it was last year?.....crockett county will have an experienced team as well.....haywood and covington will be about the same.......

dburg is loaded……their o’line will average 6’2 265 end to end and has no less than 4 college props up front….. their qb and #1 running back does run a 4.6 in the 40…and both were consistently in the top 2 in the 100 meter in northwest tn during track season… dburg has a lot of talent, but putting it together is another thing…

the 4 props on the line are: senrios jt beasley (maj d1) and cody tetleton (d2 to minor d1) along with juniors childress and big boy hudson (6'3 300)

it will be tuff for any team to go undefeated this year…

here is my pick: #1 dburg #2 OC #3 crockett #4 tie between haywood/covington

Edited by mg

What are the names of Dyersburg's super fast QB and RB? How big are they?

By the way, U of Memphis 40 yd times are not legit. They have a well-established rep for producing shaky numbers. I'm not saying those DBurg goes aren't super fast, which I'm sure they are.

What are the names of Dyersburg's super fast QB and RB? How big are they?

By the way, U of Memphis 40 yd times are not legit. They have a well-established rep for producing shaky numbers. I'm not saying those DBurg goes aren't super fast, which I'm sure they are.

I went back and double checked the 40 times...the coach says their times are - 4.6...i don't want to say anything negative about u of m or any other combine ratings...i had also heard that both had sub 4.5 in a recent combine.....i cannot verify that information....so i go with the school times of -4.6.....

running back tyler caldwell is about 6'0 and qb rashad taylor is about 5'7.... one note about caldwell.... during his freshmen year against henry cnty freshmen team he scored 6 td's in about 2.5 quarters ...... i think this fall (junior season) will be his coming out party....

Edited by mg

My post was mainly in response to a guy on page 1 who said they were running 4.3's and 4.4's which is just not believeable. BTW, I read a rivals article on J.T. Beasley, and he seems like a great student athlete. I saw where he already has MTSU and Miss. St. offers which is great at this early stage.

My post was mainly in response to a guy on page 1 who said they were running 4.3's and 4.4's which is just not believeable. BTW, I read a rivals article on J.T. Beasley, and he seems like a great student athlete. I saw where he already has MTSU and Miss. St. offers which is great at this early stage.

beasly is getting quite a few looks……

spoke with one of the mtsu scouts and they were also interested in cody tetleton and will evaluate him as the season goes...i also hear that murray state has shown interest.....

i think i am more excited about watching the "O" line this year as much as anything.... the o line coach "little big man james counce jr" looked very happy this past spring.......to go along with beasley and tetleton he has tyler childress 6'1 245 and joel hudson 6'3 300 who are already getting looks and expect to be props their senior year.....

Edited by mg

i believe you have the four teams correct but not in the right order

1 dyersburg

2 crocket co

3 covington

4, haywood

obion is a solid team also, but there is alot of problems there i herd that the majority of their coaches interviewed for new jobs and one went to dyer county.crocket and dyersburg are loaded with returning starters it will be interesting when they play,,, the word is that dyersburgs qb ran a 4.3 at the memphis combine and there tailback ran a 4.42 that will be a fast pair,,, but the word is that shawn and ron look good as well did shawn realy gain 15 pounds of muscle this winter,,, both teams are loaded it will be interesting,,,,, but if i was a betting man i would bett crocket wont let dyersburg air it out on them this year

I don't know about problems....John Smith left and went back to be with his family in Mississippi..He wasn't going to be in Troy but a couple of years anyway...Barry Kendall did leave and go to Dyer Co....But the rest of the coaches are upbeat about the upcoming season..They believe they have more talent than the Wes Moore-led clubs of 2002 and 2003 when the Rebels won 16 games and won the school's first ever playoff game....One of the strengths of the Rebel team will be the offensive line led by three year starter Steven Weaks(6' 280)..The Rebels return all their skill position players led by All Region performer QB Logan Parker.The defense will be fine...The only question mark will be the secondary where graduation hit them the hardest....As hard as it could with only five seniors....Savion Hayslet(All Region LB) returns for his senior season...The Rebels will be tough...With a few breaks they could have been a 7-3 or 8-2 ballclub last year...As bad as the score was with Crockett Co,the Cavs haven't stopped them yet...OC had 7 or 8 turnovers in that game,but when they did hold on to the ball,moved it pretty much at will....And as far as talent,the Haywood Tomcats were the most talented team OC played last year,including Crockett,Dyersburg and Covington....Ripley will be strong also and are a team that OC has had trouble beating....I would have to believe,top to bottom,this is the strongest 3A region in the state....A region where it would not be a surprise if whoever ends up in last was to beat the team on top....

It's hard to say where the greatest amount of exaggeration occurs in life. Some would vote for used car dealers, some would vote for grandmothers describing their grandkids. I might go with sports fans in the off-season--along with their stop watches and scales.

I have been around Dyersburg football for 35 years, coaching, scouting, keeping stats, have missed one game in the past 12 years. Here are some bits of information:

* Dyersburg has no one who runs a 4.3 or a 4.4 (And neither does anyone else in West Tennessee outside Memphis, I would wager.) Caldwell and Taylor are fast enough that they don't get caught--most accurate guess is 4.55 to 4.6. Taylor is 5'7" and about 150; Caldwell is between 5'11" and 6'0" and weighs between 175-180. Both are headed into their junior years, and both are top-notch players.

* Corey Tettleton is just over 6'0" and weighs about 260. He does not run a 4.6, and Dyersburg has never had an offensive lineman that fast, and, again, I doubt if

anyone else in West Tennessee has. Watkins, who graduated at Haywood was a DE who would have come closest. Tettleton's height will be his problem when it comes to college offensive line play. He has also had two knee surgeries. We have our fingers crossed for him. Beasley is hopefully headed into a good senior year. He lost virtually the entire season last year with his knee injury. Tyler

Childress is a good one, but if he weighs 240, he has had a most awesome off-season. He played at 200-205 last year.

* Dyersburg should have a very good offensive line and some real breakaway threats in the backfield. All but one (Nick Newsome) of a good group of receivers graduated. The defensive line should be much improved, so should linebacking, but the defensive secondary will be the issue.

7 3-A appears to be loaded. The bottom teams--Obion Central and Dyer County should be much improved. Dyersburg, Covington, Haywood, and Crockett County should be near the same level they were last year. Ripley is the

real league question mark. There may be better teams in some of the other regions of 3-A, but, top-to-bottom, it will be hard to match the balance of Region 7.

Obviously you people don't know the right team to vote for as the favorite! Must I remind you Dyersburg did win the region last year. And by the way they were undefeated as they traveled on there road to beating Crockett, Covington, Haywood, and those other lack luster programs! There offensive line is massive and there quaterback and starting running back are a duo that will run thru and trample all the teams they face in this region!