CAK next yeaR

peep885

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think so but the main thing for CAK to do well is there quarterback play if there quarterbacks do well and don't throw picks they will we very good because they pretty much have there intire defense returning and they have a good oline and widerecievers but it all comes down to the quarterbacks

We will certainly see if all this comes to fruition won't we?

Yes sir we will almighty Coach Logan considering every comment posted on here this time of year is subject to the outcome of the upcoming season...I do believe that CAK has a good deal of talent, but it's all about inexperienced players stepping up into leadership roles just as the offensive line was forced to do last season.

As far as the comment that CAK will still not beat Loudon...that really shows a good deal of ignorance about the circumstances of the game between the two last year. One botched exchange between the center and quarterback on the goalline, which was recovered by Loudon, was the difference between a 7 point loss and overtime. And when you factor in the substantial amount of rain that fell that night and the facts that CAK was strictly a passing team whereas Loudon featured a quick, cutting back in Josh Hawkins, I don't find it logical to assume that the CAK game is a gimme for Loudon. I would go as far as saying the CAK-Loudon game will be a top-10 game of the year for AA football.

CAK-Loudon should be a pretty close game last year. One thing that did happen in that game that you didnt mention is their star RB getting hurt earlier on in the 4th. As for the rain, that hurts them too for a runningback that relys on quick cuts. CAK should have a similar year as they did last year. Cates seems to be the leader in QB race this far. Derron Logan will be a suprise at the runningback position. CAK will run more of a true west coast offense with more screens and draws instead of its normal pass-heavy deep throwing ball. They should be more run oriented then last year.

Well the loss of Hawkins spelled even more doom for CAK when they brought in Campbell, their power back. Perhaps due to the rain Campbell did more damage in limited time than Hawkins did all night. One advantage to running with a cutting back in the rain is an increased ability to catch the defenders off-balance. On the other hand, Hawkins indeed probably could not make the cuts he was used to making on a dry field. But the fact that the wet turf hindered the defense's ability to make consistent tackles on the cuts. I know the aggravations of tackling a quick runner on a muddy field. I just believe that the precipitation that night took a greater toll on CAK's shotgun-snapping, longball-happy offense last year. CAK had a lot more to lose playing on a rainy night than the Redskins did.

As far as the quarterback race, I see no front runner in the starter race at this point. It may turn out to be a Erik Ainge-Brent Schaeffer kind of deal, but I assume for the good of the team that the coaches will pick the one who fits the offense best. At this time, both Fromke and Cates are seeing equal snaps with the first-string, alternating every throw in passing league. Each has his own qualities: Cates' athleticism and experience in the program and Fromke's long ball and traditional qb size. Each has tremendous arm strength but consistency and command will be a key to naming a clear-cut starter.

I heard that CAK was getting Jimmy Clausen. His family is planning on moving into the area so he can be close to coach Cutcliffe and learn from him before going to Notre Dame. Isnt it about this time every year that his name pops up that he is going to some school in the area. Well this year I decided that Jimmy Clausen is moving to Knoxville to go to CAK.