Temple Football

I never said they would win the region. All I said was that they have the potential, that's all. If you would go back and look at the score -- SP only beat Temple by 17 last season. If I remember right, you said that Temple would get beat by the score of 53-14 last year. And so, I suppose you haven't always been right now, have you?

http://boards.coacht.com/index.php?s=&...amp;p=825781671

You are right OTB63 17pt is much different than than the 39 pt spread volsbbfan suposedly picked. But a 17pt lose is nothing to brag about. If SP won by 17 it could have been worse because they play as many kids as possible in the final minutes when they have a game in hand. SP owns this region and it would take a miricle for someone else to contend for this region. I think Temple will be much improved, maybe even compete for 2nd. But SP is the class of this region until someone can beat them.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

141111111..........got a temple roster? just curious as to how many players are on the team and the position breakdown. also will temple be able to afford a football field any time soon? lastly, do you think the football program will continue to improve after the skogens and josh smith are gone? Go crusaders. :D

Here goes my thoughts on Temple football... They need a QB. In their offense they have to have someone who can throw the ball up and down the field. Unless they switch systems, which is very likely. 4th quarters will kill them. And remember they are a couple injuries short of being the worst team in the region. If they stay healthy, the will will make the playoffs and possiblyeven host a game.

But the real question... Is this the last year of Temple football?

Edited by redandwhiteforever

Football at Temple goes with the Skogens. That means a couple of more years and they are done if not next year. With every Christian high school in Chattanooga offering football, they won't be able to compete without the Skogen family. I don't think Kevin will put in the time he has of the years when his kids aren't there.

Edited by mtnman

Here goes my thoughts on Temple football... They need a QB. In their offense they have to have someone who can throw the ball up and down the field. Unless they switch systems, which is very likely. 4th quarters will kill them. And remember they are a couple injuries short of being the worst team in the region. If they stay healthy, the will will make the playoffs and possiblyeven host a game.

But the real question... Is this the last year of Temple football?

If their QB want work out, they will go find one that will. Im sure there is a kid somewhere in North GA that can throw the pig skin.

I will try and answer some of these questions for you.

First, our program is nowhere near the level of a South Pittsburg. I believe it is one of the best programs in the area. Last year we played well for a half and were even ahead at intermission, but they were just too deep. This year they will even be better.

Second, I don't have a roster handy, but we have right at 18 players and 11 of those are seniors.

Third, we have one new player not 8 or whatever was suggested. He didn't play last year when he attended SE Whitfield, his parents are graduates of the University and moved into town. This has all been approved by the TSSAA. He plays QB for us and in the Lord's kindness, is just what we needed to make our offense go.

Fourth, I love Tn Temple and all they have done for my family, and I hope my service to them has been and will be in the positive. I admit that I started this because of my own boys desire to play, but I will also admit that I love the young men on this team deeply and count it an honor to get to coach them.

Fifth, my email is revkevrpc@aol.com for the gentleman who was asking.

I hope we can be competitive in our region which in my opinion is filled with great football players and very classy coaches who hold themselves in a way that make their schools proud.

There you go.