Will Jefferson County fare better this year than last

jchspats07

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way we can do any worse, at least there better not be. At best we go 6-4, at worst we go 2-8 again, so we`ll probably finish 4-6/5-5 IMO. Better than going 2-8 :lol: Wow thats strange to say, never thought I`d see the day I`d be happy with a 5-5 season, thats life I guess.

Its hard to know how some of the mediocre schools will be from year to year in the region.

That said, Campbell County, M. East, Karns, Sevier County and Cumberland County are usually toss ups, but winable, and probably will be again this year. Oak Ridge and DB are losses. West won't be as good as they were last year, but will they be considerably worse? I'm not sure about Science Hill and Bearden, they both have been struggling teams in previous years but both put it to Jeff County pretty good last year.

I think after the last of Meadows' players are out then everything will be fine. There was a solid group out for spring, both numbers and talent wise. A lot of sophomores got to make a good impression on the coaching staff because skill players were playing baseball/track.

The Patriots are taking part in some 7-on-7 camps in July this year which should help with an already experienced QB and receivers back. Last year they started newcomers at almost every skill position.

Also a good sign is that some players who didn't come out for the team last year are playing this year, most notably sophomore receiver Tyler Stepp who was a standout in middle school and should go well with the talented receive Nick Sherrod on the other side of the field

depends on what they have back. and about how the whole coaching thing is going. if the players dont like him like i've heard, they wont play good. i hope all is well tho.

I hope all our opponents think that way and keep listening to last years "old" rumor mills. :)

That said, Campbell County, M. East, Karns, Sevier County and Cumberland County are usually toss ups, but winable, and probably will be again this year. Oak Ridge and DB are losses. West won't be as good as they were last year, but will they be considerably worse? I'm not sure about Science Hill and Bearden, they both have been struggling teams in previous years but both put it to Jeff County pretty good last year.

I think after the last of Meadows' players are out then everything will be fine. There was a solid group out for spring, both numbers and talent wise. A lot of sophomores got to make a good impression on the coaching staff because skill players were playing baseball/track.

The Patriots are taking part in some 7-on-7 camps in July this year which should help with an already experienced QB and receivers back. Last year they started newcomers at almost every skill position.

Also a good sign is that some players who didn't come out for the team last year are playing this year, most notably sophomore receiver Tyler Stepp who was a standout in middle school and should go well with the talented receive Nick Sherrod on the other side of the field

Very good points.

I believe we will be much better.

There were over 50 players who came out for spring ball. Plenty of sophomores.

In July we will throw against Knox-Carter, Knox-West, and Brookwood, GA.

With Stepp and Sherrod at WR and Gatlin at QB, our passing game has a lot of potential. Sherrod can catch just about anything. McFall has 1 year under his belt so the running game will be good.

I think we will have a breakout season in '07 because all the sophs. will be juniors.

The only thing is that we will need Coach U to still be around. If he isn't we will have to learn a whole new playbook and get used to a new coach. I don't think anybody in the lockerroom dislikes Euverard with the exception of a few who have just learned to deal with it. It seemed like the biggest problem we had last year was that everytime the other team pulled ahead or made a big play we would just giveup (with the exception of the Morristown East game). I think that problem has been taken care of.

We will see what we can do in August. We have some tough scrimmages scheduled and we take on Morristown West. :)

Edited by JCTWP