District 7A

7ABasketball

Summer talk.......

New faces at Clarkrange and Jackson County! Can they contend with the veteran Lady Bulldogs of RBS? Clarkrange lost 4 seniors. Jackson Co. had 5 I think.

Red Boiling should be a solid choice for the #1 team in the state in Class A this year. They are loaded. How have they done at camp?

Clarkrange has one starter back and will be very young. I hear Jackson County is small and will rely on guard play, they have one of the best in Dyer.

Clay County has sunk even further???? The departure of Watson has left them empty inside?? I still think Smith is a good coach, talent just seems to be down.

Hermitage Springs got a coach yet? Man they love their softball, but act like they don't care at all about basketball.

Monterey will have some young players. Should be a new look. I read they got wacked at Tech by Upperman (one of the best teams in the state) 70 something to 17. Someone will have to score some points for them to contend.

Pickett County improving? They had some nice young players last year.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim McLerran, he kept the stats for the basketball teams this past year (father of Timothy that graduated this year) is going to coach the girls basketball team at Hermitage Springs. He has a daughter that will be a freshman that will be playing.

I think I read in Red Boiling's paper that Laken hurt her knee during AAU play. Does anyone know how she's doing?

Edited by crazyvolfan

Tim McLerran, he kept the stats for the basketball teams this past year (father of Timothy that graduated this year) is going to coach the girls basketball team at Hermitage Springs. He has a daughter that will be a freshman that will be playing.

I think I read in Red Boiling's paper that Laken hurt her knee during AAU play. Does anyone know how she's doing?

The last report that I got,which was a couple of weeks ago is that she is doing fine.

What a tough region 7A is. I'm sure RBS, Jackson County, and Clarkrange will all be very good again. Even though Jackson County lost some players Coach Brown will have these girls ready to play. You can never count out Coach Rogers either. These two men have a combined 10 or 11 state championships. RBS has also been tough as of late. However I think Monterey is going to be an interesting team to watch this year. They will be very young, and I expect them to have a few bumps in the road, like the upperman game at TTU camp. Molly Heady their freshman post player was on a mission trip for this game. She wouldn't have made up for 57 points, but she would have helped keep it more respectable. If this team can gel, and the young veterans like Taylor Adkins can help lead, this team could really be fun to watch by season's end.

RBS should be a top team in state this year...But I just hope they don't end up like clarkrange did last year...the year before last they were in state semi finals...Then having 4 seniors returning they don't make it out of region...Like I said I hope that doesn't happen to RBS!!!

RBS should be a top team in state this year...But I just hope they don't end up like clarkrange did last year...the year before last they were in state semi finals...Then having 4 seniors returning they don't make it out of region...Like I said I hope that doesn't happen to RBS!!!

I think the big question with RBS is will Leonard continue to get better????? If she does, the team will improve. Personally, I think and hope people have them figured out. They'll be good, but it will be the same old RBS type team. Hopefully last year was just a fluke season, haha.

You make it sound like Clarkrange was in such a weak region!?!?

Don't let your heads get too big. Many more times than not, Clarkrange has showed RBS who's the boss. It's a pretty goog rivalry. Jackson County owned RBS last year, and I'm not sure if that will change this year.

I think the big question with RBS is will Leonard continue to get better????? If she does, the team will improve. Personally, I think and hope people have them figured out. They'll be good, but it will be the same old RBS type team. Hopefully last year was just a fluke season, haha.

You make it sound like Clarkrange was in such a weak region!?!?

Don't let your heads get too big. Many more times than not, Clarkrange has showed RBS who's the boss. It's a pretty goog rivalry. Jackson County owned RBS last year, and I'm not sure if that will change this year.

It was not a fluke season,time will tell.