Top Team in Rutherford County

2priceless

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

This is how I stand.....if you are a fan of a school , then you should believe that they are the top team. If you can't believe when everyone is 0-0 at this time that your team has what it takes to be number one then you don't have any business voting on this thread. I think my reputation on CoachT determines that I am going to vote Oakland . I have strongly supported them thru thick and thin. You won't see me abandoning them thru adversity, injury, or turmoil. Everyone expects that from me, so everyone knows I am going to always cast my vote for OHS.If there comes a time that I don't feel that way anymore, then it is time for me to retire from CoachT.

LOD is right.....even with coaching changes and Gaston graduating, Riverdale SHOULD and HAS gotten votes to be #1. They have proven time and again that they deserve that distinction. I think their coaching change will prove in time to be an outstanding choice. Now Smyrna may finally beat them this yr....who knows.... and if they do, they can finally say they beat Riverdale. BUT...there is ONLY one team round here in Rutherford County that Beat RANKIN and that was our boys at OAKLAND!!!! The attitude displayed by OHS in the 2nd half of our game this past yr tells me that Oakland has turned the corner. They weren't intimidated and they were united together for the common cause. Their play showed TEAM. Even without Youree, Oakland is going to rise back to the top of the heap. Of that I am confident.

Edited by 2priceless

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW...hssportsfootball.....yall haven't earned overall respect yet. One Cinderella season doesn't make you a dynasty. Not trying to insult you one bit.......but most folk are looking at the school's overall football history where yall have been a school for around 20 yrs and to the playoffs like 3 times. Keep working hard and the rewards and respect will come. Inconsistency is yall's downfall. You almost knocked off Riverdale, however a 2-8 team called Oakland almost knocked YOU off as well . You have to beat the big dogs AND the nobodies too .

Being Number One is a two edged sword. While it helps egos it puts a target squarely on your back and chest. While some will respect you more they also have the envy of wanting to replace you. Not saying it is a bad thing as in Region 4 it has made the overall region BETTER. We all have to admit that coming up to the level R'dale has set has made the other teams they play work even harder.

Take LaVergne. A couple of years they could not buy a win. Now they will spank you if you don't bring your A game. Same for Smyrna and WC. The Oakland-Riverdale rivalry is famous Nationwide for that very reason. It got that way because they have beaten R'dale.

It is gonna be a fun season!

BTW...hssportsfootball.....yall haven't earned overall respect yet. One Cinderella season doesn't make you a dynasty. Not trying to insult you one bit.......but most folk are looking at the school's overall football history where yall have been a school for around 20 yrs and to the playoffs like 3 times. Keep working hard and the rewards and respect will come. Inconsistency is yall's downfall. You almost knocked off Riverdale, however a 2-8 team called Oakland almost knocked YOU off as well . You have to beat the big dogs AND the nobodies too .

oh yes, we definately haven't earned full respect, yet. I completely understand what your saying. Riverdale and Oakland are schools that have already gained respect due to a thing called "history" and "reputation". We didn't have that and we fully understand that. We don't want to just come in the region this year saying that we are up to notch with every teams history because we aren't. We're looking at it as becoming a new school and starting a good reputation from scratch. We don't want to think about the past because for LaVergne there is no point. However, thats at the top of LaVergne's work list....RESPECT..we're going to play for us, for our community and we're going to win games because we are willing to work for it. We now know that we can actually do it and all we want is some respect. It won't be immediate but in time LaVergne will have respect.

oh yes, we definately haven't earned full respect, yet. I completely understand what your saying. Riverdale and Oakland are schools that have already gained respect due to a thing called "history" and "reputation". We didn't have that and we fully understand that. We don't want to just come in the region this year saying that we are up to notch with every teams history because we aren't. We're looking at it as becoming a new school and starting a good reputation from scratch. We don't want to think about the past because for LaVergne there is no point. However, thats at the top of LaVergne's work list....RESPECT..we're going to play for us, for our community and we're going to win games because we are willing to work for it. We now know that we can actually do it and all we want is some respect. It won't be immediate but in time LaVergne will have respect.

With that kind of attitude, you will def obtain it. GOOD LUCK and hang in there. It will come. To me the #1 would be to PROVE folk wrong.

The bad thing is when losing is simply accepted on a team. I am afraid there were players at OHS the last few yrs that were able to accept LOSING. from what I see, hear, and am told...... THOSE days are OVER now!

Edited by 2priceless

With that kind of attitude, you will def obtain it. GOOD LUCK and hang in there. It will come. To me the #1 would be to PROVE folk wrong.

The bad thing is when losing is simply accepted on a team. I am afraid there were players at OHS the last few yrs that were able to accept LOSING. from what I see, hear, and am told...... THOSE days are OVER now!

Yes, that is the bad thing. It isn't THAT hard to overcome that if your team really wants it and willing to work hard for it. The way it sounds, Oakland just might be on there way. They are definately a projected shocker along with many others that people think will happen in 06 for region 4...

Teams are starting to respect LaVergne and that is the FIRST step. Getting consistant is the second.

Now for y'all to really start getting respect is to fix that pasture y'all call a field. There are holes in it a man can get lost in. :D

Just kidding! I know that ain't y'alls fault. Now the school board is a different matter. :D

In our game against yall last year we had quite a few turnovers and we had an off night and you hit 2 big plays on 4th down to make the score close now here is the thing when we came into that game you had no respect and our team did not take you seriously now things have changed the boys now know that if they screw up and dont play well you can beat us that is bad for lavergne because now you can NOT sneek up on teams they will prepare a little harder for you and the y will focus more on you think about it (if you are a player right now) how much focus did your team put into the smyrna and riverdale games and how much did you put into oakland and blackman not near as much we have that target every week by every team and now you are going to get it you sill see that things will be a little tougher for you this year so be prepared for a fight every week and bring your A game every week and repeat last years performance and win in the playoffs and then you will get the rescpoect you are looking for good luckj on this season

Teams are starting to respect LaVergne and that is the FIRST step. Getting consistant is the second.

Now for y'all to really start getting respect is to fix that pasture y'all call a field. There are holes in it a man can get lost in. :D

Just kidding! I know that ain't y'alls fault. Now the school board is a different matter. :D

lol...but really the field is doing GREAT! its looking better and better everyday...Coach Thomas is doing a great job on it and we appreciate that. Its getting mowed often and getting hosed down by the sprinklers everyday...

In our game against yall last year we had quite a few turnovers and we had an off night and you hit 2 big plays on 4th down to make the score close now here is the thing when we came into that game you had no respect and our team did not take you seriously now things have changed the boys now know that if they screw up and dont play well you can beat us that is bad for lavergne because now you can NOT sneek up on teams they will prepare a little harder for you and the y will focus more on you think about it (if you are a player right now) how much focus did your team put into the smyrna and riverdale games and how much did you put into oakland and blackman not near as much we have that target every week by every team and now you are going to get it you sill see that things will be a little tougher for you this year so be prepared for a fight every week and bring your A game every week and repeat last years performance and win in the playoffs and then you will get the rescpoect you are looking for good luckj on this season

yeh, thats why this year LaVergne isn't letting up any. Coach Thomas hasn't stressed enough about us not being satisfied with last year. I was proud, but not satisfied. It will be a little bit tougher than last year, but the thing is that LaVergne isn't just the same LaVergne. Besides, after week 0, 22-20...then winning 28-0 in week 1, I'm pretty sure most teams saw from there that LaVergne's wasn't playing around...