Db vs South

readnoevil

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rivalry in the Air.... Such a sweet smell.....Alumni and students look forward to this game ever year .....4 Days.......... Last year 7-6 Sullivan South loss was a huge disapointment,but people move on next year they'll talk about this game.I played in the loss last year and not to shoot the team I pride in down I belive this years South team is better. And i hate to prove anyone wrong but they are not a young team.Paul Wingfield is a 4 year starter Justin Dykes,Ryan Coliier,Andrew Murray, Jordan Kitzmiller, Seth Pearson,and lets not forget THe magical CURT PHILLIPS are all 3 year starters .So they have lots of leadership and South is a much better team than last year lacking only McMillan and Sandidge to run the Ball they return almost the enitre O and Hauldren Mack and Brent Davis are the only D losses. So don't down a heavily senior stacked team..... DB is always nothing shy of great.....and I'm not stabbing at DB .... DB has the heritage.... Both teams have the want......I believe like everyone else says it comes down to who makes the least amount of mistakes.....but doesnt every game......Good Luck to both teams.... May this game come away injury free and both teams go on to play at the state level....and of course i have to say it GO REBS GO!!!!

Edited by readnoevil

I have to say…I’m no DB fan. As a matter of fact I would like nothing more than to see a meteor fall from the sky and obliterate those pitifully visitors stands in J. Fred Johnson Stadium so they would have to spend some of that rusty money on some decent ones!!! But I have to give credit were credit is due. If we as fans "and Monday morning coaches” saw the problems in the DB secondary…you can bet that their coaching staff did also. And with the experience of that coaching staff and the depth that they obviously have on their roster…you can bet that (at least on paper) those problems were resolved before they went home Friday night after the game knowing that Phillips and company were up next.

My prediction is based on the fact that I don’t think any team around here has an answer for DBs play book and their execution of that playbook...not to mention a seemingly seasoned QB and tons of speed in the backfield. South does have Phillips…but theirs not much to prepare for after him (sorry but that’s my opinion). South’s D line is big and tough and will cause problems for all of their opponents in the MLC…but the all out rushing approach will get them in a lot of trouble against this complex offensive scheme. Their will be a lot of emotion brought into this game from players, coaches, and fans so playing at home is a BIG plus in a game like this.

DB 24

South 10

Curt Phillips = Future Conference USA star QB. He's the next Chad Pennington. He's the real deal.

He's like comparing myself to Nikita Koloff, he's the man. Whoo! Phillips is gonna single-handedly beat the boys from Kingsport Thursday night.

Diamonds are forever, and so is the Nature Boy. Thursday night the true diamond on the field will be Curt Phillips. South 21-18

1-Curt Phillips is the next God

2-Justin Dykes (transfer student from Bangkok) leads the world in tackles

3-Matt Fickey-Words cant come close to portraying his abilities 18!!!!!

Comes Down to

South-431

DB- 2.718281828459045 (otherwise known as e)

for real though. Put it on paper and db just cant match up. they have a weak secondary to try to match 4 talented receivers. oh yeah and i heard of this one guy named curt phillips, yeah he's supposed to be decent. i could care less about the last 13 years because this is 06 and south will rise......suckah

by the way

South-24

DB-17

Tickets??? Call the DB Athletic Office, they may be selling tickets during 8:00-5:00 PM daily... they will be able to tell you if South has been given an allotment of General Admission Tickets to sell... if so, call South's Athletic office or go by the respective Schools. One thing is for sure, this will be one of the largest crowds in DB Football History. DB's D-Backs got a working over today from the Coaching Staff. True, they had some plays that were not very good. They say that the biggest improvement made is from Game 1 to Game 2, tough game 2 to compare against. Everyone in Kingsport respects this South Team, that ground was paved last season.

I for one am glad that the Indians had a battle on their hands in week 0. This is a short week of practice and every little bit will help.

Hey Skunk, any word on the Press Box? Glass replaced today?

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Bud,

I truly don't believe there is any talk among South's players and coaches about any weaknesses. I am sure they are trying to figure out how to attack the strong Indian defense. Hopefully they will succeed. :lol:

Art,

I have also heard that the most improvement happens between game 1 and game 2. I was listening to the remainder of the Indian game last week when the glass was broken on the press box. Was anyone injured? Nothing but respect from this Rebel fan when it comes to the Indians. You guys have a level of tradition that most schools aspire to attain. I am an old Rebel and can remember when this game was played before many a packed house, the game usually came down to the wire. Does anyone remember the infamous "lights out" game at J Fred? I swear I wasn't the one flipping the breaker to the lights. :huh: It was good to have a competitive game again last year. Games like that can only make both programs stronger. As always I hope for an injury free game and

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!

Tickets were not being pre-sold for the Betsy game per the policy of the new athletic director. Reason? Who knows.

IMO, it would be wise for the AD to pre-sell tickets.

At any rate, a couple of questions concerning DB:

1. It was my understanding the Logan Williamson would be playing. Is he part of the team?

2. What happened to Luke Bennett? Graduation? I thought he was an underclassmen.

3. Everyone healthy for the South game?

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Edited by rolltriberoll