Db vs South

readnoevil

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post Doc.

It's Jimmy Leg Time!! DB vs Sullivan South. Both Teams are expected to be good to great this year. It could be a record crowd at J. Fred Johnson Stadium Thur. Night.

South want to end the streak (12) and beat the Indians. Something that has proven very dificult for any team from Kingsport to Greeneville during the Graham Clark Era. This being his 14th Season as Head Man for the Tribe, G-Man will have coached 50 games vs. "local Teams" by the end of the Season. Right now his record in 47 games is 43-4!! Amazing. During that time, DB has grasped victory from the hands of defeat more than once, last year @ South was one of the times.

Game Prediction: Huge Crowd will have both teams so pumped up to start, both teams score on opening drives. Maybe tied 14-14 or 17-17 at half. I think that come the 3rd Qtr, the pounding that the LB's of DB will put on QB Curt Phillips will start to take it's toll. DB pulls away to win, in an very exciting game (at least for a half) and win by 1 maybe 2 scores.

DB 31

South 20

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

As always Art with the stats! I knew Graham's record against the locals was pretty good but did not haver the exact #s. I know 2 of the 4 losses were 1 vs Greeneville and 1 vs Tenn High. I'm blanking on the other 2. Was one against South in his 1st year? Help me out.

Hey "Tell The Truth", I'm new to the area. Will the DB vs. South game be a good one to go tommorrow night? Does your boy play for Elizabethton? I saw them play last night on cable tv. Channel 13 I think. What position does he play & what number is he? That quarterback (#8) for Eliz. looked pretty good. Will the Eliz. Science Hill game be on cable also? I hope to be able to come out and watch in person if I can get some time off from work. Hope you guys do well this season!

These are the two Upper East Tennessee games to see this weekend. Tonight at DB and Friday night at Elizabethton. My kid is still growing and young but does dress out. You'll see him in JV action. DB/South is the game of the week this week and I think the Eliz/TN High is the game of the week next week. Sneak off from work and catch both of these. They will be electric!! :P

DB & Betsy walk off winners. :P

Howdy foozeball fans.

i have waited long enough to predict the outcome of this game. Took me all but a milla second to realize that DB will win this one hands down. I know south has this all world QB, and all world evrybody else not mentioned whose last name is not phillips. I like to do what I call compare your team to DB team.

QB- South all world as previously stated

Burton, what can i say, he's a winner, only 2 losses in varsity starts i think, but hes compared to all world so no matter what i say i will be wrong...

offensive line South not sure here but i think edge goes to DB, losing a center may cost south just a little. but who needs a center when you have an "AW" QB

WR - DB has depth and many weapons, South has maybe 2 wr with talent.

RB- DB has speed, power, agility, athletic, quick, versitle, but young but who cares about young when you have all that other stuff. South has Phillips

Defense DB has this one hands down, I dont think phillips plays defense, but if he did it would be a closer call.

look the fact is this, last year was last year, that ship has sailed and sanked. this year is something totally all itself. DB played a good Betsy team last week. South played happy valley, not a team to truely test what south can or cannot do. Phillips will have a few plays, but he will get hit and hit often by DB's defense. will be a game for 1Q then DB will roll

28 - 7

good luck to all

Howdy foozeball fans.

i have waited long enough to predict the outcome of this game. Took me all but a milla second to realize that DB will win this one hands down. I know south has this all world QB, and all world evrybody else not mentioned whose last name is not phillips. I like to do what I call compare your team to DB team.

QB- South all world as previously stated

Burton, what can i say, he's a winner, only 2 losses in varsity starts i think, but hes compared to all world so no matter what i say i will be wrong...

offensive line South not sure here but i think edge goes to DB, losing a center may cost south just a little. but who needs a center when you have an "AW" QB

WR - DB has depth and many weapons, South has maybe 2 wr with talent.

RB- DB has speed, power, agility, athletic, quick, versitle, but young but who cares about young when you have all that other stuff. South has Phillips

Defense DB has this one hands down, I dont think phillips plays defense, but if he did it would be a closer call.

look the fact is this, last year was last year, that ship has sailed and sanked. this year is something totally all itself. DB played a good Betsy team last week. South played happy valley, not a team to truely test what south can or cannot do. Phillips will have a few plays, but he will get hit and hit often by DB's defense. will be a game for 1Q then DB will roll

28 - 7

good luck to all

This will be a close game. Closer than DB and there fans want and although last year they let one slip by I truly think this will be there best chance. Last year everyone said South was Senior dominate but the truth is not even half of those Seniors started and they have a Great core coming back. The reason for South losing the last several years is because of course Talent but also Depth. South has a lot of two way starters and this year is no different and that is the reason for the 4th quarter collapse. DB has the luxury of playing kids on special teams that do not have to go out there on defence and offence the next series and South is winded. This may play into this game as well but I do think this will be as good as last year if not better.

I will go out and say that South will score more than 7. Phillips is not the QB he was last year. I thought last year he was good but not all-state as a soph. but from what I see of him this year he has grown in to his own and you will see him on Saturdays if he stays healthy. South has very good speed this year and there Defense is stout but like I said before Ironman football is tough against a team that doesn't have to play Ironman. I hate to hear about the Center getting hurt and I hope that doesn't play a factor and I wish the best for both sides tonight. I see a lot of Talent on both sides and Phillips isn't the only one that will be playing beyond High School.

No Predictions on this Game. It can go either way. I will say 31 - 28 but the winner will be the one with the least turnovers.

As always Art with the stats! I knew Graham's record against the locals was pretty good but did not haver the exact #s. I know 2 of the 4 losses were 1 vs Greeneville and 1 vs Tenn High. I'm blanking on the other 2. Was one against South in his 1st year? Help me out.

DB Fans... I messed up on this... my great buddy Spear was talking to me about this last night... Graham Clark was in the Hospital the night DB lost to the TN High Vikings in the Stone Castle.. So, correction:

Graham Clark has been Head Coach for 46 games to date against Local Teams, with a record of 43-3.

1ST SEASON LOST TO SOUTH (WON 12 STRAIGHT SINCE)

2ND SEASON LOSS TO SCIECE HILL (WON 11 STRAIGHT SINCE)

How about security for the game? There is a possiblity of situations getting out of hand, if emotions take over from the Students of both Schools.

DB 31 SOUTH 20

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

per SSREBEL - " ... The reason for South losing the last several years is because of course Talent but also Depth. South has a lot of two way starters and this year is no different and that is the reason for the 4th quarter collapse. DB has the luxury of playing kids on special teams that do not have to go out there on defence and offence the next series and South is winded. ... "

Good point regarding the numbers of players on each roster. I think that is one of the reasons why Morristown West was able to pull away so strongly in the quarter-final game last year. The Trojans had the luxury of substituting on each play all game long without suffering a significant drop-off in talent and ability. If D-B is able to do the same, I don't see how the Rebels will be able to keep up.

Either way, this will be THE game in east TN and I'd like to be at J. Fred to see two very good teams get after it. DB 38 South 24

Roll, Trojans!