1. Farragut

2. Ooltewah

3. Oak Ridge

4. McMinn County

5. William Blount

6. Soddy Daisy

7. Heritage

8. Bradley Central

Am I biased towards the Owls? Yes. Do I care? No. Everyone on CoachT is biased and you'd be kidding yourself if you thought otherwise! I've been away for awhile, but the GRAD is back! :thumb:

Edited by GradfromtheNest

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Farragut

2. Oak Ridge

3. Ooltewah

4. McMinn County

5. William Blount

6. Heritage

7. Soddy Daisy

8. Bradley County

Could be close between Oak Ridge and Ooltewah, but I believe this is Farragut's year. McMinn County was very young and still competitive. I believe they will slip past WB for the fourth playoff spot. Soddy may be as weak as Bradley this year.

1) OR

2) Ooltewah

3) McMinn

4) Farragut

5) Does it really matter from here???

OR is the class of the region and until they are knocked off of the thrown that they have built over the years they will remain my pick as the top dog of this region. Many people may be somewhat surprised by McMinn being my #3 pick, but the Tribe should be much improved and they have a tremendous amount of tallent in the back field starting with D1 prospect #2 Trace McDermott.

1. Oak Ridge

2. Farragut

3. Ooltewah

4. William Blount

5. McMinn County

6. Heritage

7. Soddy Daisy

8. Bradley

I wanted to go with Farragut, great RB with four returning OL, good QB. They had that great defense, the OR playoff game aside, last year (BTW anyone know how many of the D is returning?) Oak Ridge gets the vote until proven otherwise, however. I think the 3,4,5 slots are wide open. I think Ooltewah will be down but it's hard not to pick them up there because they have so many players to choose from, a luxury that other programs don't have. WB was very athletic and from what i've heard have many returning players. McMinn co. is my dark horse. I believe this is their largest senior class in three years (about 14?). Heritage is always a tough cellar opponent. You may beat them by 40 but if you expect to beat them by 40 get ready for a dog fight. Soddy Daisy was not good last year and lost their only offensive threat in WR Axley. Bradley is like Oak Ridge. I better hurry and clarify...they will always be my doormat until they prove otherwise.

Just my opinions folks, don't get your panties in a wad. If you disagree, then post your predictions, don't bash mine.

P.S. What's the story behind the QB from McMinn.? I believe I remember him.

1 Oak Ridge

2 Farragut

3 Ooltewah

4 McMinn/ William Blount

Here goes my thoughts on Ooltewah athletics. Over the last few years Ooltewah has been blessed with GREAT talent in Football and Baseball. (not to bad at soccer either.) I am talking about State Championship caliber talent. It just hasnt led to post-season success. I dont know if those guys had bad chemistry or what but their teams havnt had great success in the post-season.

Obviously the class of 06 is gone. So what does this mean about this years team??? I have no idea. Time will tell. If these boys play together, they just might go farther than last years team.

Edited by redandwhiteforever

• 2 weeks later...

As of yesterday QB Devon Johnson #8 for McMinn has been ruled eligible and will be a difference maker for the Tribe. At this point he is a little rusty learning the system but his athleticism will make up for the learning curve. He is 6'2" 180 lbs. and has good speed. Finally it appears that lady luck is shinning her light on McMinn with all of the pieces of the puzzle coming together. If this team does not go atleast 7-3 or 8-2 then we need to look to the coaches for an answer. Good luck TRIBE!!!!

As of yesterday QB Devon Johnson #8 for McMinn has been ruled eligible and will be a difference maker for the Tribe. At this point he is a little rusty learning the system but his athleticism will make up for the learning curve. He is 6'2" 180 lbs. and has good speed. Finally it appears that lady luck is shinning her light on McMinn with all of the pieces of the puzzle coming together. If this team does not go atleast 7-3 or 8-2 then we need to look to the coaches for an answer. Good luck TRIBE!!!!

there is always hype in the preseason surrounding mcminn, why is this year so different? i wish them good luck , just curious about this years team?

there is always hype in the preseason surrounding mcminn, why is this year so different? i wish them good luck , just curious about this years team?

The hype is not as loud after the last two seasons, I mean when you when 7 games that is considered a quality season but not when you win 7 in two years. This particular team has a bunch of good athletes and the line is improved not much depth but improved. As I have said before Region 2-5A is one of the most difficult regions in the state to compete in so each team must bring their "A Game" every Friday night. You never know what can happen when you put 16&17 year old kids on the field anybody can be beat on a given night in this region.

The hype is not as loud after the last two seasons, I mean when you when 7 games that is considered a quality season but not when you win 7 in two years. This particular team has a bunch of good athletes and the line is improved not much depth but improved. As I have said before Region 2-5A is one of the most difficult regions in the state to compete in so each team must bring their "A Game" every Friday night. You never know what can happen when you put 16&17 year old kids on the field anybody can be beat on a given night in this region.

Farragut will beat Oak Ridge at home last game of the season for the region.

With all due respect to the Farragut team we heard this during the season last year and even in the playoffs. Until Farragut does this the posters are just beating a dead horse. I personally enjoy the Farragut/Oak Ridge rivalry and wish Farragut the best. Give it your best shot and may the better team win.

I agree that Farragut will have to put up on the field. However, even OR fans know that you can't do it every year. All the championships of the past will not win it for them this year.

Although, not a Farragut fan, I believe this may be their year. Maybe a little humble pie for those who want to live in the past would be a good thing.

Should be a tremendous year in this region; I think a number of teams are going to give the favorites a real challenge this year.

since when do the coaches get to play?