can smyrna go all the way this year?

That should be no problem. Riverdale is a program in decline, Rankin is gone, some new guy took over, the wing-T won't work in TN, and Gaston Miller has moved on to Vanderbilt.

I think the Smyrna-LC matchup on the playoffs is what we should be watching for.

Riverdale is probably the state's worst 28-1 team over the last two years.

:lol: your a funny one :lol: you sure you know what your talking about

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That should be no problem. Riverdale is a program in decline, Rankin is gone, some new guy took over, the wing-T won't work in TN, and Gaston Miller has moved on to Vanderbilt.

I think the Smyrna-LC matchup on the playoffs is what we should be watching for.

Riverdale is probably the state's worst 28-1 team over the last two years.

I AGREE

I don't know if you realize how much truth you just posted. I know you posted it as a kind of joke but you actually told the truth!

1. riverdale will be down talent wise even a honest riverrdale fan knows that

didn't say they would be bad but they certainly will not have the talent of the last 2 years

2. rankin is gone

3.there is a new coach

4. name the last wing t team to win a state chamionship in 5a

5. gaston miller has gone to vanderbilt - he won a lot of games on his abiltiy and players like him don't come along often

they will be the worst 28 - 1 team becasue they aren't any others to compare in 5a over the last 2 years.

I AGREE

4. name the last wing t team to win a state chamionship in 5a

Any one that knows football would agree that Georgia has a pretty good football tradition, better than TN's. At least college recruiters think so. I f you go down there and watch a game you are going to see two types of offense. A spread offense that throws every down or some variation of the wing t. If its good enought to win there then it can win here.

OK, like I have been saying it is gonna be an interesting season. As to the Wing T winning we have something not seen before here. R'dales talent combined with Coach A's knowledge.

As to R'dales not returning much, we have heard this how many times? They may not have Gaston this year, but there is always something in the RB stable that other teams would kill for. Remember they have always had backs waiting in the wings that folks don't see until it is too late.

Can Smyrna go all the way? I don't honestly think so. There are too many teams out there that can trip them up. They 'may' go all the way, but it will not be an undefeated season for them.

As much as I want to see the Smyrna vs LaVergne game I will not be there. Too much traffic plus I really want to see the Wing T and what it does to Siegel.

OK, like I have been saying it is gonna be an interesting season. As to the Wing T winning we have something not seen before here. R'dales talent combined with Coach A's knowledge.

As to R'dales not returning much, we have heard this how many times? They may not have Gaston this year, but there is always something in the RB stable that other teams would kill for. Remember they have always had backs waiting in the wings that folks don't see until it is too late.

Can Smyrna go all the way? I don't honestly think so. There are too many teams out there that can trip them up. They 'may' go all the way, but it will not be an undefeated season for them.

As much as I want to see the Smyrna vs LaVergne game I will not be there. Too much traffic plus I really want to see the Wing T and what it does to Siegel.

Yes, I am thinking about teh Siegel-Riverdale game myself. Will Siegel score more than 3 points?

Yes, I am thinking about teh Siegel-Riverdale game myself. Will Siegel score more than 3 points?

I honestly doubt it. This years team will depend on the defense early in the season and they will be shooting for shut outs I figure. Will be interesting to see if this years team can duplicate the 8 shut outs the team of two years ago did. This years D-line is better than the team then. What is suspect is the D-backs and they will come around I figure with Locke and a couple of others coming back to anchor them.

Besides WE control the clock this year! Ain't gonna be a L....Oooooong 4th quarter this year. :lol: That remind me I gotta get a new battery for the stop watch!

The Smyrna v R'dale game could be for more than pride this year depending on how they do in Week 0. I still think the Smyrna v LaVergne game is a toss up.