Rankings Week 0

mjuhb

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly BigG. Cause really, in the end, the only rankings that matter are the final rankings. And if you have the team, play the schedule, and have a bit of luck, and win the state championship... you'll be #1 in the only rankings that matter.

For a runner, you sure are a smart guy! :huh: Good luck this season!

Do not dare assume that everyone on here knows all of the rules, especially the ones about date of first contest. High school players are extremely ignorant of the rules set forth by the TSSAA, they are forever asking why can't we do this or that. She asked plain and simple why do scrimmages not count towards your overall record. She did not need all of the extra reasonnigs behind scrimmages. Everyone knows the reasons. I did not need to read all of the posts. She wasn't refering to any other thn yours. Heck, we could both be right as to what was being asked. Matter closed.

sigelplayer FYI, your team plays 9 total on the rankings list

Centennial, Oak Ridge, Houston, Cookeville, Clarksville, Riverdale, CCS, GPS

Baylor.

Not a bad schedule. Especially considering you have to play some teams that are going to be a little down this year in district play. I would also watch out for Ensworth, they will not be an easy game.( Remeber they had you all sweating last year.)

Oh yes I do remember the Ensworth game last year...coming off of a tough Katie Hunter Tournament and meeting them immediately after did make us sweat.I definitely look foward to playing them again.As for the question about scrimmages thanks for the answer sportsfan.

Geez, Scrimmages don't count because they are nothing more than practice games. In every sport they have preseason games and scrimmages and they don't count because they are part of getting ready for the real season. Teams are not complete officials many times are not used and etc. Why is it even a question as to why they don't count.

But just for the record if someone has a scrimmage after August 21st and its not an official and regulation game then it still does not count.

susannah dennis left houston and went to bga so yes that early summer rumor was true at times and false the other half of the time

they lost there goalie, 2 centerbacks and 1 midfielder i think all those girls are replaceable some houston people can correct me but their new sweeper is staci king(she is the sweeper for fury 90) or sara oeding(and i know sara is on the state 91 odp team)

alot girls they have play on major D1 clubs

Edited by mjuhb

• 2 weeks later...

Oak Ridge plays #1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 13, 16, 20 (twice), & 22

11 games scheduled against top 25 teams including tournaments.

Collierville plays four teams ( one 2X) in the AAA top 25 and 3 teams in Division II( St. Agnes, BGA and GPS) Certainly not as tough as Oak Ridge, but should be a good test. Collierville should be ok this year.

susannah dennis left houston and went to bga so yes that early summer rumor was true at times and false the other half of the time

they lost there goalie, 2 centerbacks and 1 midfielder i think all those girls are replaceable some houston people can correct me but their new sweeper is staci king(she is the sweeper for fury 90) or sara oeding(and i know sara is on the state 91 odp team)

alot girls they have play on major D1 clubs

Houston will be very good. Their coaching is excellent. They only graduated two of their back line. The remaining players are very good. As you said they have some good players that played roles last year who will step up as seniors and do very well. They should actually be back in Chattanooga in Nov.