Bad situation at Powell High School

HTV

I actually have to give Fulmer some credit for his decision. Obviously Daddy, nor anyone on the Powell coaching staff ever had the cajones to lay down the law with this kid. Fulmer had to do what should have been done a long time ago. This is the exact reason that Powell needed to bring in someone from the outside to replace Stephens. Powell football trots out consistent DI talent, and then underperforms in the won/loss column with undisciplined teams. The whole program needs an overhaul. Unfortunately, HTV and the Powell fans prefer business as usual.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People, I am one of the biggest Central fans around and the Panthers are a local rival school, but I gotta support the Panthers on this one. No One knows for sure what has gone on at Powell for certain, everything stated so far is hear say. Lee did break the law if he committed a DUI, and now he has paid a dear price, by the way have any of you all knowing posters on this site EVER committed a sin, or made bad decisions in your life. Anyone ever cheated on a test in order to get a passing grade, anyone ever skipped class, or laid out of work when you REALLY werent sick and still got paid. Anyone EVER had a bad attitude at some point in your life. If any improper behavior went on at Powell with the administration then It will and should be delt with, but some of these posters should look in the mirror before passing judgement on others. AS for HTV I have NEVER seen a post by this man as ANYTHING but FACTUAL, Sure he is a HUGE Powell supporter and he isnt biased about that, but he also post intelligent, factual, and truthful information. There are problems at every school or business, they just dont all hit the front page.

Now, I believe these boards are intended for postings about HighSchool sports and here we are a week away from the jamborees, why dont we focus on these boards, about the positives of HighSchool atletics and the upcoming season. <_<

Edited by PigSkinRules

Excellent post Pigskin. I agree wholeheartedly. Powell will become much stronger because of this difficult situation and hopefully this will open up players,

parents & teachers eyes on a code of conduct that must be adhered too in all Schools. A few missteps shouldn't tarnish the whole program.

In response to Phil Fulmer and believe me I'm not a big fan of his. But he is but one man and he can not control kids who make bad choices. He is there to coach and lead by example but he can not be in all places at all times to stop problems developing. He has to abide by what rules are laid out to him and believe me they can not be bent for one over the other no matter what people think or hear.

I feel badly for Lee but most of all I feel for his family at this time and what they are going thru.

People, I am one of the biggest Central fans around and the Panthers are a local rival school, but I gotta support the Panthers on this one. No One knows for sure what has gone on at Powell for certain, everything stated so far is hear say. Lee did break the law if he committed a DUI, and now he has paid a dear price, by the way have any of you all knowing posters on this site EVER committed a sin, or made bad decisions in your life. Anyone ever cheated on a test in order to get a passing grade, anyone ever skipped class, or laid out of work when you REALLY werent sick and still got paid. Anyone EVER had a bad attitude at some point in your life. If any improper behavior went on at Powell with the administration then It will and should be delt with, but some of these posters should look in the mirror before passing judgement on others. AS for HTV I have NEVER seen a post by this man as ANYTHING but FACTUAL, Sure he is a HUGE Powell supporter and he isnt biased about that, but he also post intelligent, factual, and truthful information. There are problems at every school or business, they just dont all hit the front page.

Now, I believe these boards are intended for postings about HighSchool sports and here we are a week away from the jamborees, why dont we focus on these boards, about the positives of HighSchool atletics and the upcoming season. :lol:

Fine posts by Pigskin & ZCAR. In my opinion there are 2 seperate issues here. First, the young man involved. Of course everyone makes mistakes (I sure have made my share). But please do not compare bad attitudes and laziness with endangering the life of another human being by driving drunk. Thank God nobody was seriously injured. My point regarding Lee is that there seems to be a pattern of escalating behavior that has not been dealt with until this time. I do believe the adults in his life should have addressed some of these issues prior to the latest incident. Second, I agree with the assessment that HTV is an intelligent and factual poster on this board. I happen to believe that someone with the knowledge and intelligence that he seems to posess regarding the Powell program has a duty to be more than a cheerleader for the school and community of Powell. You can still be loyal to those you care about as well as willing to call them out when they do not perform up to their abilities. Honesty and integrity are not items of convenience tied to when times are good.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/foot...i.ap/index.html

Oh wait in the 4th paragraph from that bottom does that not say Aggravated Assault? Thought so

Cutter, you still don't understand. I said it is an ALLEGED AGGRAVATED ASSAULT. In this great country, you are innocent until PROVEN GUILTY.

What I was pointing out to you was, you earlier said quote, "Fulmer's amazing double standard continues. One player gets a DUI and is kicked off. Another gets AGGRAVATED ASSAULT and is suspended four games. Jim Bob Cooter didn't get kicked off did he? Britton Colquitt?"

Johnson has not been convicted of aggravated assault yet, he didn't as you say 'get' aggravated assault. With your line of thinking, every time anyone get charged of a crime they are automatically guilty and this is not true at all in our system

LEE on the other hand, refused a breathalyzer and automatically violates the implied consent law and losses his driving license, in other words he is guilty by implied consent for refusing the breath test.

I am trying to point out that they are two very different situations and I happen to know that the Johnson case does not quite add up to what most people who have no real knowledge of the facts of the case 'think' happened.

Understand where I am coming from?

Edited by bud

Since lee didnt blow he goes to court, if the officer doesnt show up it will be dropped to underage consumption and be done with. 99 percent of the times the officer wont go to court, but i have a fealing they will in the case.

Plus he also hit a parked car, so I bet that they will be there too...

Cutter, you still don't understand. I said it is an ALLEGED AGGRAVATED ASSAULT. In this great country, you are innocent until PROVEN GUILTY.

What I was pointing out to you was, you earlier said quote, "Fulmer's amazing double standard continues. One player gets a DUI and is kicked off. Another gets AGGRAVATED ASSAULT and is suspended four games. Jim Bob Cooter didn't get kicked off did he? Britton Colquitt?"

Johnson has not been convicted of aggravated assault yet, he didn't as you say 'get' aggravated assault. With your line of thinking, every time anyone get charged of a crime they are automatically guilty and this is not true at all in our system

LEE on the other hand, refused a breathalyzer and automatically violates the implied consent law and losses his driving license, in other words he is guilty by implied consent for refusing the breath test.

I am trying to point out that they are two very different situations and I happen to know that the Johnson case does not quite add up to what most people who have no real knowledge of the facts of the case 'think' happened.

Understand where I am coming from?

U.T. had yet to "invest" little if anything ($) in Lee Smith. Other players, including the plastic gun bandit, are/were a part of the program at the time of their respective incidents. HTV, what would have been the repercussions if this would have happened the summer after Lee's freshman year?

Guest Cutters Crazies

I said he gets Aggravated Assault as in charged with Aggravated Assault. Everything is alleged until the court date, doesn't mean we refute every single thing said that doesn't have the word alleged in it, should be a given that I'm talking about the charge since it just happened and there has been no court date yet. That is unless your a lil too touchy on the subject or are just looking for an arguement

Good post Bud. Johnson has only been suspended because he has yet to be convicted. Also it appears that the off duty officer isn't totaly innocent himself.

Jim Bob Cooter was DUI but he was also of age. A little different situation.

Colquit if I am not mistaken was suspended from the team and didn't recieve scholarship. Later was reinstated.

It is my understanding that Smith had a meeting with Fulmer in the spring concerning some issues. I have heard from some pretty good sources he was on a short lesh when he enrolled.

Point is. Every situation is different. There are specifics about each situation that the public is not aware of. Who knows behind closed doors Fulmers and the Smiths may have come to an agrreement that Smith may be dismissed from the team, go to school on his own dime, and be reinstaed in the spring if he keeps his nose clean.

I bet that assistant principal is happy to have attention drawn away fro her. By the way any news on that situation.

I said he gets Aggravated Assault as in charged with Aggravated Assault. Everything is alleged until the court date, doesn't mean we refute every single thing said that doesn't have the word alleged in it, should be a given that I'm talking about the charge since it just happened and there has been no court date yet. That is unless your a lil too touchy on the subject or are just looking for an arguement

No, just making sure everyone gets equal and fair representation! :thumb: