Bad situation at Powell High School

HTV

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W A N N A B E, not a little man.

Hey Slick, You need to follow your own advice about getting on here and discussing what may or may not have happened in a particular situation.

Now I'll just slide on out of here.

Really? EXACTLY how is that? Did you not understand the part where I said that I don't have any reason to doubt that what was reported wasn't accurate?

Your quote:

"Lee Smith on the other hand has been proven guilty of driving on a sidewalk at UT, failing to initially stop for a police vehicle, hitting a parked car, and refusing to take a soberity field test. Do you think fat Phil would boot off a son of a UT legend (if only in DS's mind) without PROOF of his guilt."

That's just not true. He's been charged, but not yet found guilty in court. That will come later. if it happened as reported.

And i'm sure that Daryle will be amused that someone else would even think to call him a "UT legend". :unsure:

Again, you are the one who is splitting hairs here, but that really doesn't surprise me.

Enjoy your laugh over this one. It really doesn't make you or the school you support any better. It only makes you look petty.

One more word of advice: Remember that thing about pointing fingers? Eventially, it will come back to bite you in the butt.

Getright, your opinion of me doesn't phase me a bit. Enjoy your elation in someone else's downfall. It will get you far in life.

Really? EXACTLY how is that? Did you not understand the part where I said that I don't have any reason to doubt that what was reported wasn't accurate?

Your quote:

"Lee Smith on the other hand has been proven guilty of driving on a sidewalk at UT, failing to initially stop for a police vehicle, hitting a parked car, and refusing to take a soberity field test. Do you think fat Phil would boot off a son of a UT legend (if only in DS's mind) without PROOF of his guilt."

That's just not true. He's been charged, but not yet found guilty in court. That will come later. if it happened as reported.

And i'm sure that Daryle will be amused that someone else would even think to call him a "UT legend". :unsure:

Again, you are the one who is splitting hairs here, but that really doesn't surprise me.

Enjoy your laugh over this one. It really doesn't make you or the school you support any better. It only makes you look petty.

One more word of advice: Remember that thing about pointing fingers? Eventially, it will come back to bite you in the butt.

Getright, your opinion of me doesn't phase me a bit. Enjoy your elation in someone else's downfall. It will get you far in life.

HTV why do you waste your time attempting to reason with some of these folks. I don't always agree with everything you say and although you sometimes see things through orange tinted glasses you are generally up front and as objective as one can be concerning matters regarding Powell.

I would like to draw attention to the fact that Smith refused to take a breathlyzer test. If I am not mistaken he is considered guilty through a law called implied consent. This would mean he would have is driving priviledges suspended.

I understand that he has been walking a tight rope for sometime. It appears his behavior has caught up with him. There is a positve. It could have been worse. A possible accident where he, the passsenger, or someone was injured or killed. So there is redemption and forgiveness in his future. He is a young man and has made a young mans mistake. This is not an attempt to justify his behavior but unfortunately drunk driving by teenagers happens hundreds of times a day. We don't hear about it because these 18 year olds aren't high profile athletes. The hope is he accept the consequences and move on.

Reddevil, you need to shut your mouth, you dont know these people personally, lee made a bad decision and is paying for it. noone on here is perfect, i know i have made mistakes in my life as has everyone here.

lee got caught and is paying the price, im glad he got a DUI charge rather than killing someone thats for sure.

I dont think what lee did is right and im glad that UT did something to show they wont put up with it(remember now lee is a good friend of mine who i grew up with, and i know that his family reads this and i hate saying it) But this is what needed to be done.

HTV dont worry about these morons on here, they just hate cause your a powell guy, you still have my respect.

Reddevil, you need to shut your mouth, you dont know these people personally, lee made a bad decision and is paying for it. noone on here is perfect, i know i have made mistakes in my life as has everyone here.

lee got caught and is paying the price, im glad he got a DUI charge rather than killing someone thats for sure.

I dont think what lee did is right and im glad that UT did something to show they wont put up with it(remember now lee is a good friend of mine who i grew up with, and i know that his family reads this and i hate saying it) But this is what needed to be done.

HTV dont worry about these morons on here, they just hate cause your a powell guy, you still have my respect.

Was this meant for me? or reddevil1?

HTV, On a serious note here...... I know you're out of town and on vacation, but when you get back can you find out what Lee is going to do now? Will he go the JC route or Div 1-AA or will he go to a D1 school and sit out a year?

Thanks!

Back to the subject of this thread. The accused Assistant Principal threw another dagger at the school system. School system didn't respond. Her biggest concern will be the grade issue. It will be very difficult to prove the other allegation. On the other hand there will be a paper trail on the grade situation. IF it proves to be true she is in heap big trouble. It could also have a big impact on the student athletes that may be involved.

powellfan,

How do you know if I know the Smith's personally or not. You say you grew up with Lee, does that mean you moved to Halls when Darryl got mad at the coach at Powell, then moved to transferred to Central, then to Powell.

Are you a gyspy or do you just blow smoke.

I wish Lee Smith HAD NOT gotten into the problems he has put himself into - I wish he had enough sense and discipline to not do these things. I wish he was going to play for the Big Orange. He has tremendous athletic ability but his brain is about the size of a popcorn husk.

And if you don't like it bring your butt to Halls and I will beat you and make you like it, SLICK.

p.s. I do know this family well, in fact real, real, real WELL.

Was this meant for me? or reddevil1?

HTV, On a serious note here...... I know you're out of town and on vacation, but when you get back can you find out what Lee is going to do now? Will he go the JC route or Div 1-AA or will he go to a D1 school and sit out a year?

Thanks!

WWE and ECW is always looking for young talent. Sorry I couldn't resist. I am sure he will land on his feet somewhere. Who knows it might even be for the Big Orange. However I believe he would be better off getting away from the distractions and have an opportunity to start over.