Jo Byrns at Halls!

bigtuck4242

Coach Adkins is actually going to put/let Colton play defense?

I know Colton can play Defense, my concern was that "what if he got hurt?"---thats your starting Running Back. Orlando is good, but Colton has the experience. So if Colton goes down because of a Defensive play, thats not good. I have no doubt that Orlando could step up and run the ball, if needed.

Sounds like a good "A" team defense Tuck..and offense.

I noticed that you didnt put Jeremiah's name down on Offense, or Defense. I thought that he was like a Guard on "O" and left/right end on "D". What about Keith Lutton?

Hows ya'lls special teams looking this far?

Good Luck to you Tuck, and the rest of my boys in the "C" Hill !!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Adkins is actually going to put/let Colton play defense?

I know Colton can play Defense, my concern was that "what if he got hurt?"---thats your starting Running Back. Orlando is good, but Colton has the experience. So if Colton goes down because of a Defensive play, thats not good. I have no doubt that Orlando could step up and run the ball, if needed.

Sounds like a good "A" team defense Tuck..and offense.

I noticed that you didnt put Jeremiah's name down on Offense, or Defense. I thought that he was like a Guard on "O" and left/right end on "D". What about Keith Lutton?

Hows ya'lls special teams looking this far?

Good Luck to you Tuck, and the rest of my boys in the "C" Hill !!

Jeremiah was at gaurd now they moved him to tackle on offense, but he has missed the last 3 practices. and he is prolly the third or fourth DE, while Keith is prolly either the 3 or 4th defensive end.

Thing to remember about Halls last year, that was a brand new coach in his first game. I think they're going to be better than last year. They've got athletes and pretty good size, but are trying to shed a losing mentality after suffering through years of it. Coach Hurt has things going in the right direction there, I think.

So how does that play out this year? JB will probably still win, but I'd like to think Halls will be more competitive.

i have to agree with you. the only coach i have ever seen that had immediately turned a team completely around was coach spurier this last year. i think halls will continue to get better as their coach gains experience and knowledge and from what tuck said they were big and had some athletes. any time you have those two it is a winning combination. but i have to give this one to coach adkins. in the tennessean or the RCT it said that he had been head coach for 13 or 14 years and that will definently give him the edge over an inexperienced coach. can't give a score because i haven't seen halls play or even heard about them playing anyone. Sorry.

No we havent picked captains yet, but i am sure coach will ask us too soon. I know Parker and Colton are definately gonna be captains, but the other 2 i dont know. It doesnt matter because our entire senior class is full of leadership, and like u said as long as we stick together, we will be great!!!

P.S.- I dont like that u said they would score, our defense is looking MONSTEROUS so far this year, i want the shut out. Not saying we will get it, just that i want it!!

bigtuck4242 take this to heart. you DO NOT have to be a captain to be a great leader. your team will do the same thing that every other team in america does they will pick people that either they like or that perform very well to be captains. i'm not saying that the captains won't be leaders but just because their captains doesn't mean that their the best leaders. i was not voted in as a captain but i was my teams leader on the field. i was starting LB just like you and i would psych everyone out on the field and get more out of them than would usually be possible. to do that i had to make people mad even if it was at me so i wasn't the favorite person in the locker room but there was only 53 points scored on us the whole season, which was 13 games. so i guess i did my job and i don't regret a thing because it showed me a lot about being a leader. sometimes you have to make sacrafices to acheive something great. bigtuck4242 i hope you understand what i have told you and if you don't you will as you get older. being a captain doesn't mean anything it is only a name.

bigtuck4242 take this to heart. you DO NOT have to be a captain to be a great leader. your team will do the same thing that every other team in america does they will pick people that either they like or that perform very well to be captains. i'm not saying that the captains won't be leaders but just because their captains doesn't mean that their the best leaders. i was not voted in as a captain but i was my teams leader on the field. i was starting LB just like you and i would psych everyone out on the field and get more out of them than would usually be possible. to do that i had to make people mad even if it was at me so i wasn't the favorite person in the locker room but there was only 53 points scored on us the whole season, which was 13 games. so i guess i did my job and i don't regret a thing because it showed me a lot about being a leader. sometimes you have to make sacrafices to acheive something great. bigtuck4242 i hope you understand what i have told you and if you don't you will as you get older. being a captain doesn't mean anything it is only a name.

sounds like someone got there feelings hert by not being picked captain and you saying your the leader is what your saying, not your team. of course being picked captain means something. it means that these are the guys that are looked to set the examples and lead the team. just cause someone can get others fired up has nothing to do with leading. if captains didn't matter, then every sports team out there wouldn't have them.

sounds like someone got there feelings hert by not being picked captain and you saying your the leader is what your saying, not your team. of course being picked captain means something. it means that these are the guys that are looked to set the examples and lead the team. just cause someone can get others fired up has nothing to do with leading. if captains didn't matter, then every sports team out there wouldn't have them.

I went to a large school that had 26 seniors my senior year and we only had four captains just like JB has. from what i have heard JB has 10+ seniors. the point i am trying to get across is that not everyone can be a captain but all seniors can be leaders. when i was young and foolish i had a bad temper and that didn't make me a very popular person but i was a great leader on the field and at the end of the year i got the senior leadership award. as far as you saying" you saying your the leader is what your saying, not your team." i didn't mean that i was the only leader i was just pointing out that there are different types of leaders. some are off of the field leaders that have good work ethic and do the right things but don't say a word of encouragement or inspiration during the game then there are on the field leaders who are generals of their teammates and help to rally them when the going gets tugh or when they are behind. then there are on the field and off of the field leaders who have the best qualities of both. these leaders are very rare and only come along every once in a while. for example Clay Head last year was an on the field and an off of the field leader. i hope i cleared my little outburst up. i did not mean to sound reminiscent of the past i was just trying to show the JB seniors a little bit of my past so they didn't have to learn the hard way or waste time finding out that they can be leaders even if they aren't captains. if one person gets something out of what i have said then i am happy.

Does anyone have any information on Halls at all. Size of the lineman. Returning players. gifted athletes. i won't be able to make it to the game so i will just ask in advance for someone that goes to it to come on here and give all of us a report about what happened. GOOD LUCK DEVILS!!!!!! <_<

Hey Tuck, hows yall's special teams looking this far?

When/who does Jo Byrns scrimmage, coming up?

Whos punting? Is it Jimmy Morris, or Parker?

Good luck to my boys in the "C" Hill.

Special teams will be SOUND!! right now Ryan Hankins is punting, he boomed a couple of 50 yders the other day.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update u:

Jo Byrns captains are the following:

Colton Morris

Parker Holman

Chris Tuck

Ryan Hankins

Those are them, but ur right there are more than 4 leaders on the team.

Edited by neutralfan07