Centennial Hires Mose Phillips as Off. Coordinator

BigDogDaddy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No 'bone at Centennial? Has the earh stopped spinning on it's axis? Gee one more passing offense in this region. Next you'll tell me Dickson County is going four wide!

Critical question for their success-will Gregory still call the plays????

In last year's game of Dickson Co vs Independence, the Dickson Co showed some spread stuff. However, the actual game saw DC play their running game all night. They sure looked big upfront. Is that line and TEs all back this year for Dickson Co?

I know the new coach for the cougars will help them out but i played for gregory and i know when a new offense is struggleing he doesnt ride it out he is quick to go back to the bone. i dont see this new offense lasting very long unless it works wonders for the cougars.

It started with Jack Daniel's Brentwood having a small team back around 1997, they were extremely successful with a quick, short passing game, years later (they won state). Then came Danny Nowell's offense at Franklin (state runner-up), and now Brian Rector at Ravenwood mixes it up and wins state.

I don't know how Centennial can look at that string of successes and not go to some type of spread offense. Between the three competitors over the last five years they have enough game film to build one heck of a playbook!!!

It started with Jack Daniel's Brentwood having a small team back around 1997, they were extremely successful with a quick, short passing game, years later (they won state). Then came Danny Nowell's offense at Franklin (state runner-up), and now Brian Rector at Ravenwood mixes it up and wins state.

I don't know how Centennial can look at that string of successes and not go to some type of spread offense. Between the three competitors over the last five years they have enough game film to build one heck of a playbook!!!

I would say it was Franklin's defense (Coach Webb) and their kicking game (Coach Gamble) that got them to the state finals in 2004 :thumb:

Im just saying they probably cant make it in the other counties. The burros have talent with or without them.

And you're telling me that Williamson Co., who hosts the reigning 5A champion, as well as Brentwood, a former champion, and Franklin, a 5A finalist two years ago, has no talent? Maybe you need to re-evaluate "Talent". Centennial has as much talent as any of those afforementioned schools, but in the past the coaching has simply not matched up.

• 2 weeks later...