Centennial Hires Mose Phillips as Off. Coordinator

BigDogDaddy

Many of you know that I have been critical of the wishbone offense that Centennial has run for the past several years. In the past I didn't think it could compete against the type of offenses that Brentwood and Franklin and now Ravenwood run. While I have almost been proven wrong on two occasions, my statement has held up.

Centennial came close to beating both Brentwood and Franklin, but in both cases a "fake belly dive" (classic wishbone)was just enough time for defenders to come in and cause fumbles at the point of the handoff, crushing the thrill of victory.

Mose Phillips (UT Standout) has been named today in the Williamson Herald as the new OC. Phillips comes from six years of coaching at Hillsboro, who has a recent state championship under its belt and runs the Wing T.

The question I look forward to seeing the answer to is will Centennial's offense change dramatically to a West Coast pass happy offense or will it be some combination of grinding it out with a wishbone, wing T combination?

Whatever the case, I hope this addition to the staff brings about nail biting finishes for Centennial between the likes of Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood and who knows maybe even Independence this year.

Good health to all, Good luck to the Rebels!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick word about Centennials passing game. I saw them at Vandy and Independence's passing leagues.

They got to the champioship game at IHS, beating IHS, Heritage and Kenwood. Lost to Kenwood in the finals by a touchdown.

At Vandy, They had Burns SC by 3 with 30 seconds to go, and Burns through a bomb to win it. Barlow got camp offensive MVP.

They had two 6'7 wide outs who caught everything.

I don't know who the QB was, but he had a gun for an arm.

If they have implemented a passing game with the speed of their run game, they could be tough.

And I don't see the wishbone in what they do, it looks more like what Airforce and Georgia Southern do. Which is a spread, motion type of veer.

Recent rumors have it that a lot of people zoned for centennial are moving out of zone due to "family" or taking advantage of the open zoning in areas of Williamson county.

For example... Tommy Buchannon (Centennial RB few years past) has a little brother who will now be enrolling at franklin.

With the hopeful turn around and, as it's been said, productive offseason for the passing league teams why are people still fighting to get out of there?

Thoughts?