Ravenwood rumor of early in pads?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have never seen a team stripped of wins and championships for cheating? No one was questioning who won the chamionship game only the results of an investigation into rules violations and possible consequences.

Ole Dad

Im pretty sure that is untrue.. The best team got the gold ball last year and I think they are keeping it.

Ravenwood won their championship on the field, where they should be won. If they did practice in pads early last year I don't think that gave them much of an edge in November and December. They just out-played the rest of us!!

Let's move on....

Edited by TDCman

I'm sure the TSSAA will see it your way....or maybe even take a poll of posters from on here to decide. Get real.

Ole Dad

Ravenwood won their championship on the field, where they should be won. If they did practice in pads early last year I don't think that gave them much of an edge in November and December. They just out-played the rest of us!!

Let's move on....

If I was asked to review the evidence and had all the facts, I could make a recommendation. Otherwise I'm just like all the other folks on here...ignorant of the facts and basing my opinion on emotion and misinformation. Therefore I'll wait on the TSSAA to review and rule. I would suggest that Ravenwood invest in a rule book and calendar though. I wouldn't want them to make the same mistake or others again for lack of knowledge and have the players suffer. I remember when I was a senior we had a player that played a total of 10 plays in 3 games that we won by about 150 combined points and was he was found to be ineligible because of grades before game 4. The coaches didn't check well enough. The kid was a scrub at the time and was in the games after they were well decided and made no impact. We were forced to forfeit the 3 games and that kept us from an undefeated season. So don't be surprised about the no-mercy flavor of the TSSAA.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad

What would your vote be Ole Dad?

If I was asked to review the evidence and had all the facts, I could make a recommendation. Otherwise I'm just like all the other folks on here...ignorant of the facts and basing my opinion on emotion and misinformation. Therefore I'll wait on the TSSAA to review and rule. I would suggest that Ravenwood invest in a rule book and calendar though. I wouldn't want them to make the same mistake or others again for lack of knowledge and have the players suffer. I remember when I was a senior we had a player that played a total of 10 plays in 3 games that we won by about 150 combined points and was he was found to be ineligible because of grades before game 4. The coaches didn't check well enough. The kid was a scrub at the time and was in the games after they were well decided and made no impact. We were forced to forfeit the 3 games and that kept us from an undefeated season. So don't be surprised about the no-mercy flavor of the TSSAA.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad

LMBO...........you may be the saddest poster on coach T. What a pathetic whine ole dad. Is that all you do? If it isn't Maryville it's Ravenwood....two of the three teams that spanked OR last year. You had your chance to be state champs and lost it......ON THE FIELD! Get over it and move on because you are killing the fine fans of Oak Ridge...pathetic!

Yeah,good call.I think they did just that... :D

OOOPS! Maybe not! :o

Or,maybe more than that...

We hear a lot of these rumors every year.This time they were TRUE!

I'm sure :lol: it was an honest mistake but....

THE SQUAD :)

This cannot bean honest mistake! when you have several other coaches there and players that are friends with players from other schools somone has to know what the rule is. I think it is a little fear in the raptors. they are rying to get a little head start on everyone because they are missing ALOT of talent from last year. i wouldnt be suprised if they have had pads on way before they got caught. i feel more of a punishment is in order. Rector new he was caugh thats wh he didnt hesitate to admit they were early, but it seems like he admited it a little quick like he was trying to get people to leave him alone before they figured out that they were in pads longer than just a weeked before Aug 1.

You're a joke. You never deal in facts only emotion. What did your post have to do with my post? Nothing! Get a job and a life. And by the way, Oak Ridge's record only had one loss last year...not 3. By the way...what year was I discussing in my post?

Ole Dad

LMBO...........you may be the saddest poster on coach T. What a pathetic whine ole dad. Is that all you do? If it isn't Maryville it's Ravenwood....two of the three teams that spanked OR last year. You had your chance to be state champs and lost it......ON THE FIELD! Get over it and move on because you are killing the fine fans of Oak Ridge...pathetic!

You're a joke. You never deal in facts only emotion. What did your post have to do with my post? Nothing! Get a job and a life. And by the way, Oak Ridge's record only had one loss last year...not 3. By the way...what year was I discussing in my post?

Ole Dad

you calling anyone a joke is comical. Keep embarrassing the fine folks of OR you senile old man. Thumping.....LMBO....sad and pathetic

you calling anyone a joke is comical. Keep embarrassing the fine folks of OR you senile old man. Thumping.....LMBO....sad and pathetic

all that any of you are really doing is beating a dead horse. Ravenwood was caught and punished. Big whoop....it is now over. This thread needs to ride off into the sunset, it has no bearing on the upcoming season at all anymore. Quit wasting yours and everyone else's time. LET IT GO EVERYBODY !!!!!