Ravenwood rumor of early in pads?

I hear they did it last year also and may have to forfiet their State Championship.

Ole Dad

This is such a common rule that every coach and player knows it. I find it that hard to believe that the coach has no bearing of the rules. All you have to do is read the newspaper, as dubm as alot of them are, they know the rules. Heck I haven't played High school football in 7 years and still know the rule.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before being head coach at Ravenwood Rector was an assistant under Jack Daniels. I wonder if Rector was following what he had learned from a great coach? However being a great coach like Daniels I would think that he would have known not to start early? I don't know Rector well enough to judge him, so I will just chalk it up to ignorance and let it be.

Coach T, You tell us not to curse and act like normal human beings on here. We know the rules we dont come on here acting like fools.

This coach knows the rules he has been around coaching long enough to understand.

To me its the same concept, he should know what is and what isnt allowed.

Coach T, You tell us not to curse and act like normal human beings on here. We know the rules we dont come on here acting like fools.

This coach knows the rules he has been around coaching long enough to understand.

To me its the same concept, he should know what is and what isnt allowed.

I agree, he should.

Ok, first things first, being that 99% of you do not even know Rector other than the fact he is the head coach of Ravenwood, none of you have the right to question his integrity to the game. Yes, he made a mistake, he thought that the team could practice in helmets and shoulders pads, as long as there was no contact, and he was wrong. He was ovbiously not trying to hide it becuase he did it right in front of wilson pike, and he is not that arrogant to "see if anyone will catch him", trust me, anyone who knows him knows he is not that kind of guy. And for anyone to say Ravenwood is getting the advandtage let me tell you the penelty that the team had to suffer. No pads all this week, and not being able to scrimmage siegel and Mba. So every other team in the state has week jump on Ravenwood simply because they went in shoulder pads and helmets monday thru wednesday to get their bodies ready for next week. He thought it was a smart coaching decision, but he realized it was wrong, hes taking full reponsiblity and thats all that needs to be said. And trust me, if anything has brought this team together its this and the bashing of this teams coach. So all of you can sit on here and over analyze this all you want but this is the 100% truth and quite frankley yall need to be focusing on other things that might mean somthing a month from now, becuase this wont.

Ok, first things first, being that 99% of you do not even know Rector other than the fact he is the head coach of Ravenwood, none of you have the right to question his integrity to the game. Yes, he made a mistake, he thought that the team could practice in helmets and shoulders pads, as long as there was no contact, and he was wrong. He was ovbiously not trying to hide it becuase he did it right in front of wilson pike, and he is not that arrogant to "see if anyone will catch him", trust me, anyone who knows him knows he is not that kind of guy. And for anyone to say Ravenwood is getting the advandtage let me tell you the penelty that the team had to suffer. No pads all this week, and not being able to scrimmage siegel and Mba. So every other team in the state has week jump on Ravenwood simply because they went in shoulder pads and helmets monday thru wednesday to get their bodies ready for next week. He thought it was a smart coaching decision, but he realized it was wrong, hes taking full reponsiblity and thats all that needs to be said. And trust me, if anything has brought this team together its this and the bashing of this teams coach. So all of you can sit on here and over analyze this all you want but this is the 100% truth and quite frankley yall need to be focusing on other things that might mean somthing a month from now, becuase this wont.

Great Post!! :angry:

Cheating means a lot, when you try to get away with something and dont admit you where wrong there is something wrong with it. Everyone knows the rules, if it was or wasnt the coaches fault someone on the team should have let him know I KNOW FOR SURE students talk and know it was wrong.