Eagleville Football

When have you guys ever hung with us?

hmmm this is a hard question considering it was the last time we played you guys but you know what you are just going to deny it anyway so just for your comfort we have never hung with you guys. (I only say that because that is what you want to hear)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey i am working with a guy from Shelbyville whos dad is the principal at the high school there! He said that Eagleville played in a scrimmage the other day and did not do to well? Is that true? Guys come on Shelbyville? The won 1 game last year i think! Good Luck guys!

Yeah we made some mistakes but what team doesnt. And you want to talk about not doing to well then how about the first time we played them that we marched it down the field easily and we ran the same play like 5 times and it still worked. I think the principal needs to be worrying about his team more than ours. O and we had a two way starter gone on the account of some paperwork not being filled out. Shelbyville did have some good skill players but their line was bad.

Hey i am working with a guy from Shelbyville whos dad is the principal at the high school there! He said that Eagleville played in a scrimmage the other day and did not do to well? Is that true? Guys come on Shelbyville? The won 1 game last year i think! Good Luck guys!

It was a tie 1-1. Shelbyville had no running game against a 1a team, they were able to pass ball pretty well. Eagleville dominated the 1st session and Shelbyville won the seond session. They had a long pass that was well thrown, a good play. Eagleville's offense sputtered due to misstakes such as numerous dropped snaps and trouble picking up the blitz. Eagleville had a screen that would have went for a td but did not because of an errant whistle. I agreed with a previous post Shelbyville struggled in the off. line. Shelbyville has some good skill position people. In a regular game I would pick 1a Eagleville over 4a Shelbyville in probably a close game.

Edited by goforthegoal

Eagleville scrimmaged Mt. Pleasant and South Pittsburg in the spring and they held their own. Last week we scimmaged BGA and Shelbyville losing to BGA 2-1 but looked very good in morning drills and tied Shelbyville 1-1. Mt. Pleasant and South Pittsburg 1a powerhouses, BGA a strong D2 private school with a lot of enthusiasm and a new head coach and Shelbyville a 4a school with a lot of speed and skill position talent. Today we scrimmage a 3a school Cheatham Co. who won a few games in the playoffs last year. Coach is definitely testing his team with some tough scrimmages. In the long run I think this will prepare us for a strong run toward a region 5 championship and hopefully advancing in the playoffs. Oh yeah I forgot we play Richland in the Forrest Jamboree Saturday. Richland is a strong 2a teams that made the playoffs last year and won 1 game. The Eagles should be ready to compete for a regional championship this year. I think scrimmaging some strong teams will benifit us much more than scimmaging some cupcakes as some of the region 5 teams do.

Eagleville scrimmaged Mt. Pleasant and South Pittsburg in the spring and they held their own. Last week we scimmaged BGA and Shelbyville losing to BGA 2-1 but looked very good in morning drills and tied Shelbyville 1-1. Mt. Pleasant and South Pittsburg 1a powerhouses, BGA a strong D2 private school with a lot of enthusiasm and a new head coach and Shelbyville a 4a school with a lot of speed and skill position talent. Today we scrimmage a 3a school Cheatham Co. who won a few games in the playoffs last year. Coach is definitely testing his team with some tough scrimmages. In the long run I think this will prepare us for a strong run toward a region 5 championship and hopefully advancing in the playoffs. Oh yeah I forgot we play Richland in the Forrest Jamboree Saturday. Richland is a strong 2a teams that made the playoffs last year and won 1 game. The Eagles should be ready to compete for a regional championship this year. I think scrimmaging some strong teams will benifit us much more than scimmaging some cupcakes as some of the region 5 teams do.

Other than FRA, Jo Byrns scrimmaged the same "cupcakes" last year as they did this year. I don't think it hurt'em.

Is this one of those things that you are being sarcastic because you think Eagleville is going to get ran over or you actually want to see them play. :lol:

I want to see them play. I heard that they have a LB who is a stud. They have a couple of fast receivers who can catch the football. Up front I heard that they have a lineman who is about 6'3 and is way above the 300lbs. mark. Eagleville is a school on the rise after winning their final five games of the season and earning their first ever playoff bid last year. With starters returning to 16 out of 22 spots they could challenge Jo Byrns in the region. I heard that 1A Eagleville looked excellent in a scrimmage with 4A Shelbyville last week.

Our team at CCCHS is looking to improve and get better with each and every passing week. We have got to scrimmage good football teams in order to get better and that's why we're going to Eagleville later this evening.

I want to see them play. I heard that they have a LB who is a stud. They have a couple of fast receivers who can catch the football. Up front I heard that they have a lineman who is about 6'3 and is way above the 300lbs. mark. Eagleville is a school on the rise after winning their final five games of the season and earning their first ever playoff bid last year. With starters returning to 16 out of 22 spots they could challenge Jo Byrns in the region. I heard that 1A Eagleville looked excellent in a scrimmage with 4A Shelbyville last week.

Our team at CCCHS is looking to improve and get better with each and every passing week. We have got to scrimmage good football teams in order to get better and that's why we're going to Eagleville later this evening.

Yes that is correct about the LB JoJo Vestal (he is a preseason all-state pick) and yes the lineman (Kendall Lillard) is pretty big, and we do have some pretty fast receivers that can catch the ball. But I wouldnt say we did excellent against shelbyville, we had some high points but we also made mistakes that we need to work on. Well I hope that you guys have a safe trip out here and back and that you enjoy yourselves while you guys are here.

Today's Cheatham Co.-Eagleville scrimmage was an offensive show to say the least. Eagleville has several quick receivers who can score anytime they get their hands on the football. #3 is a very elusive back who should post great numbers this year. #14 might be the best quarterback at the 1A level in 2006. He can run and has a great arm. He will play at the next level someday down the road. Lillard (#74) is a hoss up front, as is #55, and Vestel (#5) is another guy who's going to have a shot to play at the next level in the future. I see Eagleville as a real threat to Jo Byrns in that region and they could beat Jo Byrns & Mt. Pleasant come playoff time. Trust me when I say that they have an offensive unit that will score 40+ points on several occasions in 2006.

Cheatham Co. played very well on the offensive side of the football. Kyle Christmas looked sharp at quarterback hitting several receivers. Joey Beach and Jossiah Lassek each caught TD passes this afternoon for the Cubs. Cory Randolph and Kevin Elliott looked good running the ball. Defensively the Cubs looked great at times, especially up front, but they did struggle at times as well. THAT IS PART OF A YOUNG TEAM'S MATURING PROCESS!!!!!

Score?????

Cheatham: 5TD's (did not attempt a PAT)

Eagleville: 5TD's (3/4 PAT's & 1/1 2-POINT CONVERSION)

GOOD LUCK TO EAGLEVILLE THIS SEASON I HOPE YOU GUYS GO ALL THE WAY IN 1A!!!!!!!!! ;)