Smyrna vs. Lavergne

ok here goes-----

Lavergne blah blah blah

They are the best pre season scrimmage team in the state if you dont believe me just ask them.

Every yr all you here is wow watch out for Lavergne they are beating everybody in 7 on 7 and stuff. Well if this was touch football they would be state champs.

Everyone at the game knows the real score 42 to 14 they scored their last td with their ones against our threes ( this is a term all scrimmage teams understand)

Lavergnes offense -- the new has worn off and other teams like smyrna will adjust as teams did late in the season last yr ( see blackman). They are all smoke and mirrors and even though they are massive up front they can not line up and run it at you.

Lavergne kicking game -- have seen middle school teams with better kicking games and this will kill them in tight games

Lavergne coaching - lets just say it was bad, they should spend less time doing al that rah rah stuff liking sleeping on the field and leading their team onto the field through other teams tunnels and maybe

Learn that if you drop your middle player on your 1st row back 20 yrds on kickoffs you basically almost beg the other team to take what you give them I mean come on the kicker caught his own kick!!! Who thought of this way to line up?

Covering wilks who is one one of the best receivers in the state and by next yr will be one of the top recruits in the nation one on one with a hs db?? Even the guys on tv couldn't beleive Lavergne was clueless about how to cover him. its not like he dropped in from mars on game day.

Even though Smyrna is way better than Lavergne and would win 10 games out of 10 against them this yr I thought their coaching and game plan was pathetic. They did not have their players ready for what Smyrna had and all this 2 platoon stuff hurts them ,Lavergne dos not have enought talent to go 2 platoon this yr and it showed they had some kids on the field that are not 5a football type players.

As for Smyrna---

when is everybody going to realize shadowens doesn't give flip about scrimmages and never has. We spent the entire few weeks trying to find our lineman and working differnet centers and basically did not show anything on offense except a basic vanilla package.

All those scrimmages Lavergne players attended I am sure made them over confident. Our 1st offensive play was scripted based on Lavergne watching every scrimmage. we threw a hitch to wilks the first play ecery scrimmage and then last night ---- we threw a hitch --- and go and they couldn't help but bite on it

Smyrna still is not close to be where they can be but I have said it before they are loaded with weapons and a qb that can get it to them

Last yr I said when we beat Lavergne what a huge win that was and folks getting on smyrna about winning by 2 points would see how big later well ---

Not this yr lavergne is no where near as good as last yr and even though smyrna is better lavergne is bad in worse in about every phase of the game and will be lucky to finish fifth in the region.

Well I am sure they will beat us handily next year as they always do as a matter of fact some were already talking about "seeing us again in the playoffs" well if you do remeber --- the tickets cost more( and you will need one) and the games start 30 m in utes earlier !!!

Well there you go - till next yr when every living breathing lavergen fan will once again wear me out with " here Smyrna is struggling in scrimmages" " you better watch out lavergne is looking good"

Well stated...Good post.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you really say " referees" where is that no excuses come saturday you promised

Every game the refs are a good factor or bad..last night they wasn't and it was our fault for not fighting through that. Smyrna was the better team last night. The offense couldn't stay on the field long enough and the defense was getting blown up. Its kind of hard to have momentum when you fumble on the first play and they score right after. That can't happen. That's in every football game, momentum is a huge key and we NEVER had it. However, Horton and Ramsey stepped up when it was needed. If we play like we did last night, Smyrna will go deep in the playoffs, I hope we see them again.

I got one more ?... what in the world was the GREAT AND ALL MIGHTY "Justin Bather" doing out there last night...?? ha ha can you here.. "OVERRATED" b/c I definately do.. everyone all week was talking bout how he was going to STOP Rod.. ha ha and what happeneds.. 1st play from scrimmage Gray throws to Rod (which was covered by bather) and its complete for a TD.. LaVergne better be lucky Rod dropped the 2 other TD's that he should have had or Bather might have been benched.. Hey and whats that little "myspace saying" We aint goin Bruh.. I hope Bather takes it off of his.. Great Job on Smyrnas part.. they played excellent football.. they kind of slowed down in the 2nd Quater but picked back up in the second half..

check the film the first touchdown catch wilks was covered by pruitt the second was jamal cooper bather was on him the 3rd series

oh bather was on him when there was noone within 10 yards of him and rod was wide open in the endzone and just missed the pass... and that other time when rod had him burnt again and the ball went right threw his hands. Rod is a great reciever but he has to be ALOT more consistant.

check the film the first touchdown catch wilks was covered by pruitt the second was jamal cooper bather was on him the 3rd series

I don't think it mattered who you had covering him. Your best d backs are probably playing offense right now. It is extremely hard to two plattoon every position in high school ball.

I got one more ?... what in the world was the GREAT AND ALL MIGHTY "Justin Bather" doing out there last night...?? ha ha can you here.. "OVERRATED" b/c I definately do.. everyone all week was talking bout how he was going to STOP Rod.. ha ha and what happeneds.. 1st play from scrimmage Gray throws to Rod (which was covered by bather) and its complete for a TD.. LaVergne better be lucky Rod dropped the 2 other TD's that he should have had or Bather might have been benched.. Hey and whats that little "myspace saying" We aint goin Bruh.. I hope Bather takes it off of his.. Great Job on Smyrnas part.. they played excellent football.. they kind of slowed down in the 2nd Quater but picked back up in the second half..

Ill telll you what he was doing he was doing his job NONE of the touchdown passes were on HIM and when he was covering Rod how many times did he score then???? ZERO so get all your facts straight before you try to call anybody overrated

oh bather was on him when there was noone within 10 yards of him and rod was wide open in the endzone and just missed the pass... and that other time when rod had him burnt again and the ball went right threw his hands. Rod is a great reciever but he has to be ALOT more consistant.

nope that was #3

Burnt AGAIN? when did Bather get burt at all???