Smyrna vs. Lavergne

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that is what i thought. From all accounts I have gotten about Sonny.......he is very humble. I can't see him getting on here running his mouth like old K-Fed does.

To close to call, might be like last year, very close with turnovers being key. Question: How good are Smyrna's DB's last year they were exposed and I watched them this week and they aren't much better.

Question: How good are LaVergne's D-Linemen, very young and from what I see still learning how to play in system.

LaVergne 23

Smyrna 21

if lavergne is already on here trying to come up with stuff to motivate them for this game, then that might be a problem. it also sounds like they are already trying to make excuses if they lose. when y'all have proof of any wrong doing, i'm sure the 'broken arrow' guy from a couple of years ago can help you lavergne people out. <_<

every player that steps on the field for Smyrna ( or for that matter any team in the region I would bet ) will be tssaa eligible. If you have any problem with that don't blame it on Smyrna call your local school board or the tssaa and have the rules changed. There is not a coach in this region that is going to knowingly play an ineligible player and any player that raises any red flags will be given double or triple assurance they are eligible ( this has really been more true since Gallatin got a bad deal a few yrs ago)

In every case it is the parents that make the decision not anybody at Smyrna.

Smyrna vs Lavergne - will meet on aug 18th and both teams will play with the athletes deemed eligible by the tssaa rules

If you have a question as to how this kid or that kid can be in one zone and play in another then go to the tssaa web site they list several scenarios that address this.

And if you think Smyrna is the only team to have this situation then you are very mistaken.

The only bad deal in this is if you have a parent lie or hide something the school can be held accountable even though they followed all the tssaa guidelines ( once again gallatin comes to mind.

Quote was deleted. Cannot have personal info on this board.

Edited by robjim

Yeah that is what i thought. From all accounts I have gotten about Sonny.......he is very humble. I can't see him getting on here running his mouth like old K-Fed does.

Yea when i went to Florida this year i met sonny one night and had a chance to talk to him, he is a very nice guy and yes very humble. he is one of the more composed to atheletes in the area.

Hey, I'm not a fan of either team but I am a football fan and like I said before I don't know if the Smyrna Coaches know. I do know that the parents are out right lying and it should be TSSAA who investigates and makes sure that everything on the paper work is legal but their stance is they don't have the man power to investigate every complaint. If you can't investigate why is the paper work even sent in? The kid in question want even make a difference but fair is fair, don't get me wrong I'm not accusing any coaches because they use what is reported to them.

every player that steps on the field for Smyrna ( or for that matter any team in the region I would bet ) will be tssaa eligible. If you have any problem with that don't blame it on Smyrna call your local school board or the tssaa and have the rules changed. There is not a coach in this region that is going to knowingly play an ineligible player and any player that raises any red flags will be given double or triple assurance they are eligible ( this has really been more true since Gallatin got a bad deal a few yrs ago)

In every case it is the parents that make the decision not anybody at Smyrna.

Smyrna vs Lavergne - will meet on aug 18th and both teams will play with the athletes deemed eligible by the tssaa rules

If you have a question as to how this kid or that kid can be in one zone and play in another then go to the tssaa web site they list several scenarios that address this.

And if you think Smyrna is the only team to have this situation then you are very mistaken.

The only bad deal in this is if you have a parent lie or hide something the school can be held accountable even though they followed all the tssaa guidelines ( once again gallatin comes to mind)

Unlike some players you won't find a single post from sonny on here period.

someone told me that he does i can't say anything b/c i don't know him and i'd hate to talk behind his back b/c i'm not that kind of person. but i saw something that someone said about smyrna on here about the region 4 ranks and my friend said it was sonny so i don't know. it just made me mad what they said. i'm really looking forward to see how smyrna turns out though

someone told me that he does i can't say anything b/c i don't know him and i'd hate to talk behind his back b/c i'm not that kind of person. but i saw something that someone said about smyrna on here about the region 4 ranks and my friend said it was sonny so i don't know. it just made me mad what they said. i'm really looking forward to see how smyrna turns out though

I don't think it is Sonny. It is the receiver #17 running his jaws on here.

Let me tell you there is a coach at Smyrna who "recruits" and Jarvis can tell you who.