Where is bulldog69 ?

Here we are two weeks before the start of another High School Football Season and no posts from the dog.

I know his wife keeps him chained (on a very short chain) during the offseason but this is ridiculous. What is happening in Rudderville?? Has Page High School cancelled the season or something. I know that Coach Palmer is leaving after this season, but something has got to be going on at John D Page High School.

Whistle, Whistle ---- Here bulldog, cmon bulldog ....... speak boy speak :lol:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we are two weeks before the start of another High School Football Season and no posts from the dog.

I know his wife keeps him chained (on a very short chain) during the offseason but this is ridiculous. What is happening in Rudderville?? Has Page High School cancelled the season or something. I know that Coach Palmer is leaving after this season, but something has got to be going on at John D Page High School.

Whistle, Whistle ---- Here bulldog, cmon bulldog ....... speak boy speak :)

Barking up the wrong tree :unsure:

Ah yes.......the return of 5-3a football. What is this....being called out by mctigerfan and big catfish..

All this time it was Fred Page high school and now one of our rivals has changed the name to John. Of course if our team doesn't grow up fast, all of us will spend a lot of time in the john. Hey, Big Country, I heard that a new law firm opened in Ashland City, home of the Cubs. ....it is called Dewey Cheatham and Howe!!.....you like that one?

Not this year....too young. A school board that massacred the current Jr and Sr classes and sent them to open Independence. This year's Sr 's numbered 31 players as Freshman before the split, now at 7. We did some numbers and with Ravenwood opening and Indy, Page lost about 1,100 students at least. Of course the downside to that is 5a. It will be hilarious in two years when the boundaries have to be re-done and six of the main subdivisions that feed Indy get re-aligned to Page or another new high school. Went and saw Indy practice as well.......made me sick to see so many good players that started out with the Page system, so many guys over there that don't play for the coach but would play at Page. We are loaded up with great young ones but this region is too tough for that and the non-region schedule is murder again.

Outside of the private school in our region(I am sure everyone knows how I feel about that), I pick the Marshall co group to do well. With all they have returning, they should be very good unless Johnson messes it up.

The other teams in the region will have shots at playoff spots. It depends on who can re-load the quickest.

I have missed football and am glad it is back. If we finish with the same record as last year, I would be elated.

When you have a team/school/community with continuity it makes it more enjoyable for everyone in the program.

Here's to a great season for everyone and no one seriously hurt.........

Ah yes.......the return of 5-3a football. What is this....being called out by mctigerfan and big catfish..

All this time it was Fred Page high school and now one of our rivals has changed the name to John. Of course if our team doesn't grow up fast, all of us will spend a lot of time in the john. Hey, Big Country, I heard that a new law firm opened in Ashland City, home of the Cubs. ....it is called Dewey Cheatham and Howe!!.....you like that one?

Not this year....too young. A school board that massacred the current Jr and Sr classes and sent them to open Independence. This year's Sr 's numbered 31 players as Freshman before the split, now at 7. We did some numbers and with Ravenwood opening and Indy, Page lost about 1,100 students at least. Of course the downside to that is 5a. It will be hilarious in two years when the boundaries have to be re-done and six of the main subdivisions that feed Indy get re-aligned to Page or another new high school. Went and saw Indy practice as well.......made me sick to see so many good players that started out with the Page system, so many guys over there that don't play for the coach but would play at Page. We are loaded up with great young ones but this region is too tough for that and the non-region schedule is murder again.

Outside of the private school in our region(I am sure everyone knows how I feel about that), I pick the Marshall co group to do well. With all they have returning, they should be very good unless Johnson messes it up.

The other teams in the region will have shots at playoff spots. It depends on who can re-load the quickest.

I have missed football and am glad it is back. If we finish with the same record as last year, I would be elated.

When you have a team/school/community with continuity it makes it more enjoyable for everyone in the program.

Here's to a great season for everyone and no one seriously hurt.........

I do like that one old man :thumb:

I heard Page scrimmaged LaVergne and Goodpasture yesterday. How did that go for the Pats????? You guys aren't alone in the youth movement because both Cheatham and Creek Wood lost as much as Page did and both are putting a lot of inexperienced players on the field this fall.

Maybe this is the year that a team like Montgomery Central could make a postseason push :D

I agree, that is why I said reload. Schedules, injuries early will make a difference in this region.

Maybe Mont Central, but they end up being their own worse enemy. I t is a menatl block more than anything.

As you know Palmer doesn't shy away from anyone or anything when it comes to playing teams. Lavergne was very good and stuffed everything. Too big and strong. In fact it was the best by far Lavergne team I have seen and I remember kiling them in a scrimmage several yrs ago even though they were a higher classification team.

good pasture also very good ....saw similar things we will see at Lipscomb...did better against them but heat was rough on everyone.

Palmer wants to see who wants to play early. Good things I see are talent and hungry . Defense must be much more tougher and consistent. Last year's team although potent on offense was the worst in 12 yrs on defense. Signs of improvement were there.

Ahhhh the return of the dog ---

I knew he couldn't stay away much longer.

Let The Region 5 3A talk begin, all of the coacht players have returned from a long offseason and are ready to rumble.

Marshall County may have taken a hit this week with the possiblility of Gower not being able to perform for a few weeks. O'Neal should be able to step in and provide a spark. Actually O'Neal brings something to the table that Gower doesn't and that is the ability to get out of the pocket and run the ball. A double threat in O'Neal will present a challenge for a few defenses in the early weeks. MC should make a deep run into November this year with the only major stumbling block being Lipscomb. I still feel that if the coaching staff had stuck to their gameplan last year MC would have beaten Lipscomb. MC made some changes and was never able to recover, but that was last year and we are looking back we are forward to another great season of Tiger Football and we welcome all challenges that we may face.

With that said -- Bring it on Down to the Jungle -- The Mighty Tiger Awaits !!!!!!!!

Loved the facility when I interviewed in January. However, I decided to stay in clarksville. Much growing up to do, and hope the opportunity to coach there arises in the future. Those athletes are well mannered and the boosters were very nice. Yes bulldog, I was almost your coach. Change makes us all better men. I apologize for my wrong doings in the past and I hope you can except my apology. Good luck to the patriots in this seasons campaign.

Jake Morris will be a very good QB for Marshall County. He will have to make a quick learning curve since he has been in baseball all summer, but that shouldn't be a problem. His advantage will be that he came into MCHS at the same time Coach Johnson did and he has seen no other coaches system and he understands what is expected of him. He will haveto learn to trust his line and he will do fine.

And yes apsugov7 only time will tell of your nickname for Jake. He is a good kid with a strong arm and many will be suprised to see what he can do.

Best of Luck to Jake and a Speedy Recovery for Kellen.

Loved the facility when I interviewed in January. However, I decided to stay in clarksville. Much growing up to do, and hope the opportunity to coach there arises in the future. Those athletes are well mannered and the boosters were very nice. Yes bulldog, I was almost your coach. Change makes us all better men. I apologize for my wrong doings in the past and I hope you can except my apology. Good luck to the patriots in this seasons campaign.

Since I know Coach Palmer, I guess you are referring to an assistant's job. It is sort of weird that I never heard your name come up from anyone. Any way, let's see how things work out. I am always willing to have an open mind about someone changing and you get a chance as well. Make the best of it. Getting a head coach job in this county is VERY tough.

Also, as I said in a previous post hopefully there are no serious injuries and then the Marshall QB goes out. Hopefully he can return. In fact, I wouldn,t be surprised if the Pats see him after the way he feasted on us last year. I want to see Marshall co have everyone healthy and the head coach at full capacity in their showdown with t he private school.

Edited by bulldog69