Region 4-5A Scrimmages

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With preseason scrimmages around the corner. Give results and thoughts about your favorite teams scrimmages.

Wilson Central scrimmaged Cumberland County on the practice field in standing water and mud. WC scored 7td's I believe, and Cumberland County only had 1 or 2 first downs and never crossed mid-field. They punted several times from their endzone. Central had 2 or 3 lost fumbles.....but the conditions were bad and both teams put the ball on the ground. Cumberland's QB was sacked 3 or 4 times in the first couple of possessions, and after that the officials would blow the whistle when WC got to the qb. WC also had 2 or 3 td's called back for penalties. WC has some new kids playing and I am not sure who they all are. But for the most part, considering the conditions, they looked pretty good. Haven't heard anything else about a Lebanon scrimmage, but when I do, I will post.

Wilson Central scrimmaged Cumberland County on the practice field in standing water and mud. WC scored 7td's I believe, and Cumberland County only had 1 or 2 first downs and never crossed mid-field. They punted several times from their endzone. Central had 2 or 3 lost fumbles.....but the conditions were bad and both teams put the ball on the ground. Cumberland's QB was sacked 3 or 4 times in the first couple of possessions, and after that the officials would blow the whistle when WC got to the qb. WC also had 2 or 3 td's called back for penalties. WC has some new kids playing and I am not sure who they all are. But for the most part, considering the conditions, they looked pretty good. Haven't heard anything else about a Lebanon scrimmage, but when I do, I will post.

Good to hear WC played well. Cumberland Co is going through some hard times and will probably finish 6th in Region 3.

smyrna scrimmaged coffee cty and chatt tyner friday and played SMYRNA football..sonny connected on 13-16 passes and threw 6 tds in all...sonny was on fire all day and the defense gave up 3 tds the whole day to both teams...

Sounds like Coffee Co and Tyner didn't have answers for the passing attack.

we ran the ball well..hendricks had about 5 runs for 60 yrds,,maceo had about 6 fot 65 yrds..javis broke a run for about 45..we broke a good run every now and then..its just we mixed in the run and pass so well that most of our memorable plays from the night was from a pass..

Do you remember if most of these runs were against Tyner or CC?