Region 4-5A Scrimmages

they were in both games..jarvis run was on cc..hendicks was in both and maceo was in both..i also failed to mention david sanders ran one 35 aginst cc as well..hendricks and maceo were limited in runs...smart move by coach..when u have ppl playing u 8 in the box man to man u have no option but to throw and i give props to our recivers to be able to catch sonny's ball and it raining..i was pleased with the scrimmage and i think everyone who was there knew we were the team at that scrimmage..

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they were in both games..jarvis run was on cc..hendicks was in both and maceo was in both..i also failed to mention david sanders ran one 35 aginst cc as well..hendricks and maceo were limited in runs...smart move by coach..when u have ppl playing u 8 in the box man to man u have no option but to throw and i give props to our recivers to be able to catch sonny's ball and it raining..i was pleased with the scrimmage and i think everyone who was there knew we were the team at that scrimmage..

Forgot about the rain. A very smart move was to throw in the rain. It is difficult to throw and catch a wet ball.

we ran the ball well..hendricks had about 5 runs for 60 yrds,,maceo had about 6 fot 65 yrds..javis broke a run for about 45..we broke a good run every now and then..its just we mixed in the run and pass so well that most of our memorable plays from the night was from a pass..

Dawg, I was there too, tell it like it is Jarvis did break a big run but it was called back because of holding. The hold was right where he was running. Passing game was off the hook, Gray and Wilks an awesome combo!!!!

Doc, how did Smyrna's D do against the run.

They were okay, not just blowing up any plays but sure not get blown out of any. Like I told a guy a LHS, some of these scrimmages aren't good indicators because you don't have any idea what some teams are going to run. You just hope your base or what you are working on can handle what they are running on the other side of the ball. Smyrna has to also remember that they were playing teams that didn't have as much talent as a whole because one is DII and the other is like 2A or 3A. They can leave knowing that they got good work and reps against someone else and they can adjust what they need to. That goes for every team at this point, this is about learning and adusting before the first game that counts.

They were okay, not just blowing up any plays but sure not get blown out of any. Like I told a guy a LHS, some of these scrimmages aren't good indicators because you don't have any idea what some teams are going to run. You just hope your base or what you are working on can handle what they are running on the other side of the ball. Smyrna has to also remember that they were playing teams that didn't have as much talent as a whole because one is DII and the other is like 2A or 3A. They can leave knowing that they got good work and reps against someone else and they can adjust what they need to. That goes for every team at this point, this is about learning and adusting before the first game that counts.

Exactly, everyone tries to cover a few basic things, but mostly it is about swapping up kids for the best combinations on the field. No one wants to show too much as you never know who is watching you.

Guest Cutters Crazies

Siegel got Kenwood to replace the Ravenwood scrimmage fyi...dont know how much of a step down that is. Wish Ravenwood wouldn't have screwed up

Wilson Central scrimmaged Cumberland County on the practice field in standing water and mud. WC scored 7td's I believe, and Cumberland County only had 1 or 2 first downs and never crossed mid-field. They punted several times from their endzone. Central had 2 or 3 lost fumbles.....but the conditions were bad and both teams put the ball on the ground. Cumberland's QB was sacked 3 or 4 times in the first couple of possessions, and after that the officials would blow the whistle when WC got to the qb. WC also had 2 or 3 td's called back for penalties. WC has some new kids playing and I am not sure who they all are. But for the most part, considering the conditions, they looked pretty good. Haven't heard anything else about a Lebanon scrimmage, but when I do, I will post.

WC sure will be a tough no 4 team. The offense looked really good and the defense was dead on.

tos wc 3 cc 5

1vs1 wc4-0

2vs2 wc 3-0

The called back tds were on the 2nd team for 2 backs in motion at the same time. What kind of defense was that supposed to be they were everywhere. It looked like a 53 sometimes and a 35 others. Good luck

WC sure will be a tough no 4 team. The offense looked really good and the defense was dead on.

tos wc 3 cc 5

1vs1 wc4-0

2vs2 wc 3-0

The called back tds were on the 2nd team for 2 backs in motion at the same time. What kind of defense was that supposed to be they were everywhere. It looked like a 53 sometimes and a 35 others. Good luck

what kind of O is WC running?