Region 4-5A Scrimmages

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland beat Pearl Cohn today. Two passing TD's, and one running TD( Precious Valentine). We were missing 3 starters that go both ways 2 of whom are linemen. So I was pleased. We were shutting PC out when I had to leave. Later heard that PC didn't score until the younger guys were in.

Was impressed with Elrod, Petey, Barney, Spivey, #3 ???, Bragdon, Hodge, BULLDOZERRRR, and Mc gowan.

I liked the maturity in decisions that Tyler was making. Coach Linnell has done a good job with him. Mc Cann looked good too.

It was great to see Youree there supporting his friends. It was also very sad to see him in purple. :thumb:

Edited by 2priceless

Oakland beat Pearl Cohn today. Two passing TD's, and one running TD( Precious Valentine). We were missing 3 starters that go both ways 2 of whom are linemen. So I was pleased. We were shutting PC out when I had to leave. Later heard that PC didn't score until the younger guys were in.

Was impressed with Elrod, Petey, Barney, Spivey, #3 ???, Bragdon, Hodge, BULLDOZERRRR, and Mc gowan.

I liked the maturity in decisions that Tyler was making. Coach Linnell has done a good job with him. Mc Cann looked good too.

It was great to see Youree there supporting his friends. It was also very sad to see him in purple. :unsure:

Great to hear.

Linnell will help Tyler, especially with decision making and poise. Linnell strength in college was poise and leadership.

Bacillum,

What were your thoughts on yesterday's scrimmage?

I think we looked pretty good, even with missing starters. Pearl-Cohn is a good football team for being 3A. They are a 3A team with 5A talent. I expect them to be good next year. We were just more conditioned than they were. That is what helped us out the most. Tyler was dead on with his passes, some were dropped however. A couple were deflected by some crazy coverage guys. Upside down and falling and stuff, I was amazed. That and Precious was running like a bull and making cuts like a razor. O-line knows where to go just has to work on keeping their fits long enough for the backs to get their. D-Line were opening it up for the linebackers to make plays and they were hitting hard. Overall, I call us the upset team of the region. Don't talk bad about those who are picking us for the playoffs, they may not be as far off as the general public thinks.