White House/Smith Co Scrimmage

titans89

You have got to be kidding me. Are you implying that our coaches were taking away your post patterns on purpose? Looks to me that mistakes and your running backs running into each other may have been a factor. You said it best YOU didnt make the plays and WE did. We made the interceptions when we needed to and caused fumbles to stop drives.But for you to imply that where our coaches were standing had anything to do with the outcome is a joke and one of the most stupid excuses I have ever heard.It was just a scrimmage thats all, a glorified practice.No one will remember the score in two weeks. I believe SC will do just fine this year but not with excuses like these ;)

That was not serious. I was making a joke man. You said it exactly right. Yall made the plays on third down and we didn't. No excuses. ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He never said it was purposeful. It's a scrimmage. Both coaching staffs stand behind their team the whole time. That's why I said we couldn't throw to the middle of the field. Yep....I know exactly what I watched. I saw people using their shoulderpads and helmets as catching devices. I saw no intensity. I saw SC getting out-physicalled. Can't help it when you're out atheleted but out worked is another thing. If you think SC was ready physically and mentally to get hit like they were told they would, then you don't know what you were watching. But one things for sure. It's NEVER as BAD as it SEEMS. I know it will get corrected. ;) SC has a good bunch of kids and a "GREAT" Coaching Staff. Smith County is "EXTREMELY" fortunate to have "BOTH"!!!

Help me out though OWLSRULE....WH would run between the tackles on 1st and 2nd down. Then on 3rd down they would run outside, a draw or a fifteen yard out for first downs. Is that Right? Just wanted to make sure that I didn't ride in a vehicle with oldsc7 for an hour and a half to not watch the right scrimmage. Although I did wonder when WH changed their colors to red and white. I never could figure out why SC had them funny colored orange helmets on either.

And most of the time it was 6 or more yards to get the first down after the runs up the middle. And, no, we weren't playing with the intensity and emotion we needed to. That happens sometimes. You know that as well as anybody. You could tell when we dropped the WIDE OPEN pass on our first third down conversion attempt. We were flat and like I said somewhere else, good teams will beat your butt when that happens, and White House did just that. They hit one deep out on third and long and a fade on second and long. Then they killed us with the sweep and draw. ;)