South Pittsburg VS. Polk Co.

polk_wildcat

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Score ended up being around 5-4. Both teams punted first series, then South Pittsburg turned up the heat (in the rain). SP went up 20-0, then 20-7, then 27-7. At this point SP began subbing in second team slowly. I believe so did Polk. It became 27-14 then. SP put first team back out once more and I think (I think) scored again. 34--14. Then, with subs in, if not mistaken, Polk scored twice more and made it 34-28. I think that was the final. SP's 5th score may have come at the end. I could not tell if second team scored or not cause they called the game.

Polk had a bigger line than SP, but the power running of Robert Robinson was unstoppable. SP had about a 40 pass to marcus starkey for TD as well. Sophmores Cartrez Bibbs and Montrell Mitchell had good yardage and scores each. Polk scored on several long run plays and a couple of pass plays. They had very good speed in my opinion and should be a favorite in their region.

Because of the rain there were many fumbles on both sides, but all in all it was one of the best clean scrimmages I have seen in a while.

Good luck to both teams, both are definite playoff contenders. If any of this is wrong, I apologize. I am just a fan, not a statistician.

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

Score ended up being around 5-4. Both teams punted first series, then South Pittsburg turned up the heat (in the rain). SP went up 20-0, then 20-7, then 27-7. At this point SP began subbing in second team slowly. I believe so did Polk. It became 27-14 then. SP put first team back out once more and I think (I think) scored again. 34--14. Then, with subs in, if not mistaken, Polk scored twice more and made it 34-28. I think that was the final. SP's 5th score may have come at the end. I could not tell if second team scored or not cause they called the game.

Polk had a bigger line than SP, but the power running of Robert Robinson was unstoppable. SP had about a 40 pass to marcus starkey for TD as well. Sophmores Cartrez Bibbs and Montrell Mitchell had good yardage and scores each. Polk scored on several long run plays and a couple of pass plays. They had very good speed in my opinion and should be a favorite in their region.

Because of the rain there were many fumbles on both sides, but all in all it was one of the best clean scrimmages I have seen in a while.

Good luck to both teams, both are definite playoff contenders. If any of this is wrong, I apologize. I am just a fan, not a statistician.

Nice right up and yes its glad to hear it was a clean scrimmage, well i'll be in Loudon tommorrow so if anyone has the exact time The Cats get it on, post please, need to know when to get off work. Thanks

I was impressed with South Pittsburg. I watched the scrimmage for about an hour and Polk had a hard time stopping SP not to say they didn't stuff them on a play or two here and there. It seemed as if they stopped SP one play there would two or three where South Pittsburg would gain a big chunk of yardage. Polk has a good team but SP's speed was the big difference. This was during the first hour of the scrimmage.

Edited by svcfan

Someone had said that he had actually hurt it a couple of days before that or maybe a week. He was walking on it after the game, but my opinion.... DO NOT PLAY HIM IN JAMBOREE, WEEK 0, AND WEEK 1. These are not region games and are not as important as his health. Especially since he is only a sophomore, and there are like 5 or 6 other running backs. He will be missed on Defense however at LB.