Question about the Kingsport Times News

DZbettin

Yeah I go to tricitiessports.com to because I like to know about the local teams, not virginia teams, which is all they seem to support. Tri Cities is Kingsport, JohnsonCity an d Bristol, Tennessee. Those teams should come first, and they dont. Its always gate city,powell valley or rye cove or whatever have you but not the local teams, Not even Db and I am a North fan. Tricities covers most everything, as well as stats, and heck they even make a few mistakes once in a while but they cover the teams and the game and I really for one appreciate them.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again Gate City on top of front page. I am quitting buying this paper, Heck DB didnt even really get good coverage and one of their best games. Geez whats a fellah to do??? Tricitiessports.com needs to start selling their paper, it would become number 1 in no time. Love you guys. Keep up the good job. :unsure:

I think the problem is they apparently haven't figured out how to file a decent story from the Knoxville area by their deadline (I don't know when they go to print but it can't be much after midnight to get the papers out on the streets by 6 a.m.). The OR story was actually a lengthier story than we're used to seeing when we play in Knoxville (certainly compared to the Bearden blurb last week), but it still was well short of what we get when we're in the area. I would have thought that whoever was writing the article (assuming they were at the game, of course) would have written it down at the game site and emailed it back rather than wasting 2+ hours driving back to their desk, but I don't think they operate that way. Heck these days with the pressure to get things up on the net quickly and some sports events that last until very late in the evening, most large market sports reporters start writing their articles before the game is even over, which certainly could have been done last night as it was obvious by halftime where the game was headed. Maybe they'll enter the 21st century in a few decades.