Livingston Academy/Cookeville scrimmage

OldCatFan

From what I read in the Herald-Citizen,LA did do well.

They did a lot of different drills and at the end ran 2 different sets of 10 plays of offense & defense in a full scrimmage.

LA drove it all the way down & scored on their first possession.Levi Holt reportedly looked great for LA.Unfortunately he suffered some type of injury,they didn't report what it was.

Cookeville didn't score either possession.Ran the ball decent(at least Langford did) but still have a LONG way to go to find a QB who can throw the ball.

Cookeville then held LA pretty easily with Holt out & a freshman McCoin in at QB.

The eariler post was right there was reported to be a lot of trash talking but I'm not really suprised being as they're close neighbors,5-A vs. 3-A with the 3-A being the defending state champs.You have to remember though that most of the players on the field didn't play much last year so they'll learn.I guarantee you Coaches Joslin & McCoin will make sure of that.

Cookeville has a 4-way scrimmage with Oak Ridge,MBA & Blackman this Friday.No offense to LA but with all the key people they lost & still did pretty well against Cookeville's "D",I'm almost glad I'm working & won't get to see this next one!

THE SQUAD :thumb:

Edited by THE SQUAD

Unfortunately the news for LA is not good.

I read in the Herald-Citizen today that starting quarterback Levi Holt broke his collarbone in the scrimmage with the Cavs Tuesday.Projected out at least 5-6 weeks. ;)

That hurts,he reportedly looked really good in the scrimmage until his injury.Someone else will have to step up BIG for LA.

THE SQUAD

I read in the Herald-Citizen today that starting quarterback Levi Holt broke his collarbone in the scrimmage with the Cavs Tuesday.Projected out at least 5-6 weeks. ;)

That hurts,he reportedly looked really good in the scrimmage until his injury.Someone else will have to step up BIG for LA.

THE SQUAD

Wow! That hurts. Levi is a very good athlete and a leader of the team.

I read in the Herald-Citizen today that starting quarterback Levi Holt broke his collarbone in the scrimmage with the Cavs Tuesday.Projected out at least 5-6 weeks. :thumb:

THE SQUAD

Ouch, that hurts.