Ooltewah @ Cookeville

SergeantOwl22

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting sick and tired of everybody judging this cookeville team by losing 32 seniors last yr. Most of those seniors never played until we were up by 4 touchdowns. There were only about 10 seniors that contributed last year because most of them played both sides of the ball. Now i'm not saying the Cavs are going to shock ooltewah but there not going to roll over and die like most of you are saying. They are young and inexperienced but joslin and the staff will have them ready to go by friday

Im glad you think you know so much observer. I never said cookeville is as good as last year. all i said is ootlewah isn't that good to beat them easily. I agree the owls will most likely win, but not easily by all means.

You know that Ooltewah is not that good??You crack me up...and talk about well coached??Benny Monroe and Ted Gatewood give me a break...just shut up and come to the game...lol Ooltewah by 3 touchdowns.

well according to Stump Ooltewah stinks can't touch McCallie so guess Cookville will have an easy time. But ................

Cookeville lost 36 seniors from last year. A good portion of them played extensibly last year. I am hoping a lot of these new guys can step up but it's obvious that the Cavs have a LOT of work to do.

They're still a good team with great numbers.We're looking at possibly a Soph. starting QB (Hennigan), new backs & receivers.A lot of the line will be new.

One thing I can guarantee you is that the Cavs will compete & hit hard.

Coach Joslin & the staff will make sure of that.

The Cavs are growing.They will be OK.

The Ooltewah game will be difficult.If they have as much coming back & are as good as advertised then that's bad news.

I think the Cavs will at least keep it close,but we'll see...

Ooltewah,welcome to Cookeville! August 18.

I can't wait!

THE SQUAD :lol:

Cookeville lost 36 seniors from last year. A good portion of them played extensibly last year. I am hoping a lot of these new guys can step up but it's obvious that the Cavs have a LOT of work to do.

They're still a good team with great numbers.We're looking at possibly a Soph. starting QB (Hennigan), new backs & receivers.A lot of the line will be new.

One thing I can guarantee you is that the Cavs will compete & hit hard.

Coach Joslin & the staff will make sure of that.

The Cavs are growing.They will be OK.

The Ooltewah game will be difficult.If they have as much coming back & are as good as advertised then that's bad news.

I think the Cavs will at least keep it close,but we'll see...

Ooltewah,welcome to Cookeville! August 18.

I can't wait!

THE SQUAD :D

I am glad to see not everyone from cookeville has their head in the sand.

From what I recall from last year, the Cookeville fans were very excited about their team and their team backed up their talk with a very good season. I don't have a problem with them being excited about their football team. It's not like the Ooltewah fans ever get very excited about their team.

Both teams lost a lot last year, although Cookeville lost more, I think Ooltewah lost the heart of its team. This could be a real challenge for both. From what I am hearing, Ooltewah has some really good young guys and some tranfers that make the very tough.

Don't forget the Cavs are hosting this one. We'll see. Both teams are well coached and Ooltewah is starting to reload every year. If Ooltewah wants to be considered among the best they have to beat the better teams. Same goes for the Cavs. I wish more teams would look to schedule some challenging opponents.

From what I recall from last year, the Cookeville fans were very excited about their team and their team backed up their talk with a very good season. I don't have a problem with them being excited about their football team. It's not like the Ooltewah fans ever get very excited about their team.

Both teams lost a lot last year, although Cookeville lost more, I think Ooltewah lost the heart of its team. This could be a real challenge for both. From what I am hearing, Ooltewah has some really good young guys and some tranfers that make the very tough.

Don't forget the Cavs are hosting this one. We'll see. Both teams are well coached and Ooltewah is starting to reload every year. If Ooltewah wants to be considered among the best they have to beat the better teams. Same goes for the Cavs. I wish more teams would look to schedule some challenging opponents.

Well said.