Milan over Huntingdon means a successful season

hackinbad

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good assessment.

Milan's Oline is big (avg. 260lbs.) and will be hard to stop. Kirby will be one of the best backs in 7-2A. Allred at FB is a load at 225lbs.

Humboldt's line also averages 260 and will also be hard to stop...everyone on the line besides 1 has started on the line...but that 1 person has playing time under his belt...also we have adrian donald in the backfield and keith wardlow at quarterback who are both big threats at running the ball...we have also moved our sophomore cleve davis back to fullback who is also a load (5'10 235) and runs a 4.8...so humboldt also has size, speed, and strength...this is the strongest "team" that humboldt has had in a while...2 years ago we had some indivdiual players that were strong but everyone is strong this year...but humboldt did a good job friday night against southside...after southside scored quick in the 2nd quarter, last year the vikings would've lost confidence which the coaches thought would be another problem this year...but we got the ball back and drove down and scored at the end of the game, but missed the XP on a bad snap...but still did a great job and looking forward to the season!!!

Humboldt's line also averages 260 and will also be hard to stop...everyone on the line besides 1 has started on the line...but that 1 person has playing time under his belt...also we have adrian donald in the backfield and keith wardlow at quarterback who are both big threats at running the ball...we have also moved our sophomore cleve davis back to fullback who is also a load (5'10 235) and runs a 4.8...so humboldt also has size, speed, and strength...this is the strongest "team" that humboldt has had in a while...2 years ago we had some indivdiual players that were strong but everyone is strong this year...but humboldt did a good job friday night against southside...after southside scored quick in the 2nd quarter, last year the vikings would've lost confidence which the coaches thought would be another problem this year...but we got the ball back and drove down and scored at the end of the game, but missed the XP on a bad snap...but still did a great job and looking forward to the season!!!

You're not telling me anything I don't already know. I expect Humboldt to have their best team in years. Humboldt will be a force this year. Good luck

If Milan can only win one game and it is against Huntingdon, the season will be a success. At least the regular season game is at Milan this year so maybe we can keep the 12th Mustang player on the sidelines unlike last year.Milan's "D" from what I hear is awful so this game will be a shootout.

After watching Milan against South Side tonight, Milan will have to step up a bit, especially defensively. Milan and South Side's first teams' score was 26-7, South Side. Now, Milan's second and third string teams scored against South Side's 2nd and 3rd strings, but their (SS) defense looked strong and their offense seemed to be getting better as the night wore on.

Milan will certainly make the playoffs...the chances of Gibson Co. beating them is slim despite their upset of Westview last year. Huntingdon will certainly be their main opponent. They need to win every game, but that one will definitely be an important one. Winning against them in the regular season could give them the confidence to get past them in the postseason. Do I think they can do it? Yes and No. Huntingdon is equally as strong as they were last year, but I never underestimate the determination of any Milan team. They have a reputation for pulling off wins in important games. One thing is certain. That's the one game I'm going to make sure I don't miss this season!