Hillwood Football Team

The#1Spartan

All i know is, when Hillwood went to LaVergne to play in the scrimmages, they got it absolutely handed to them by a 3A team from Giles County. GC's 3rd string defense was shutting down the starters and their middle linebacker was getting blown up by the 2nd string guards. They are going to have to step it up a ton if they expect to be any good at all this season

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All i know is, when Hillwood went to LaVergne to play in the scrimmages, they got it absolutely handed to them by a 3A team from Giles County. GC's 3rd string defense was shutting down the starters and their middle linebacker was getting blown up by the 2nd string guards. They are going to have to step it up a ton if they expect to be any good at all this season

As you've seen throughout this thread - Hillwood's issues are complicated and hard to overcome. (sports-wise)

They may never have another 12 game win streak in football like 2 years ago. It was lightening in a bottle. When I was there in the mid/late 1970's - we won a state championship in baseball and went to back-to-back sub-states in basketball.

(and went to Pulaski and won by about 50 in football in 76-77 season)

Nobody is claiming 2006 to be anything like 1977 or 2004 or any other year.

The current situation is what it is.