White House/Page

titans89

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Page defeats White House tonight 24-21 in a game that had some mistakes on both sides in the form of fumbles and interceptions.

Page used a good running game to control the ball and the clock late in the game as my Blue Devils had trouble stopping the run all nite long.

Offensively, Page was led by a good tamdem of runners but the difference, imo, was the QB's ability to scramble for yardage at will, several times dropping back to pass but really tucking the ball and running. Page also controled 3rd down offensively, converting several 3rd and 5+ situations throught the game.

WH was led offensively by Justin West as he broke several long runs, but was taken out of the game somewhat by cramps and the Blue Devils 24-14 deficit in the 2nd half. Townsend (QB) had a nice game and has made good strides in his passing game and Payns brothers look to be threats offensively with some defensive skills also.

Defensively, Page did enough to win.......and defensively for my Devils, well, there is room for improvement as we looked as if we were reacting to plays a little late and didn't seem to attack the ball.....

Congrats to my Patriots who were supposed to go winless this year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those young puppies pulled it off and "showed" up as well. Two Sophs ran the show and I couldn't be prouder. Defense has to tighten up.

I think the difference tonight was the extra game Page had and maybe a little overconfidence with the devils.

To those who of you who were a "little" exuberant this week. Remember the Bulldog said this was the right time to catch WH. Blue devils will improve and do well as will the Patriots. I hope the same people who had the White House second team in there early gives credit where it is due. The Page folks thought the officiating was a little poor as well only shaded toward WH.

I guess we did score after all.

I wouldn't want to be a White House player come Monday.....whew!!!!

Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great victory. Lots of work and the next opponent ia a killer again.

Those young puppies pulled it off and "showed" up as well. Two Sophs ran the show and I couldn't be prouder. Defense has to tighten up.

I think the difference tonight was the extra game Page had and maybe a little overconfidence with the devils.

To those who of you who were a "little" exuberant this week. Remember the Bulldog said this was the right time to catch WH. Blue devils will improve and do well as will the Patriots. I hope the same people who had the White House second team in there early gives credit where it is due. The Page folks thought the officiating was a little poor as well only shaded toward WH.

Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great victory. Lots of work and the next opponent ia a killer again.

The officials let them play....Didn't decide the game.....Everybody always sees the officiating differently, but they were not the ones fumbling and missing tackles...

In all honesty, it was a good game between two evenly matched teams, but both teams looked average at best and plenty of room for improvemnet if any noise is to be made in week 11..... I've witnessed my Blue Devils turn it around before when I did not believe they would get too much better defensively. Playing time and confidence...... Gotta learn how to trust your teammates and learn what effort it takes to win...every down.....

congrats to Page, Sounds as if iwas a good game. I too thought the BD would roll. Too bad anyone had to lose but that is a big boost for the Pats. GB had a terrible night at DL as I'm sure you've heard. Too many big mistakes against a good team. They will be tough again in 3A. It will be interesting to see who emerges at seasons end.

Good luck to both of you next game.

I do want to add one thing, White House is first class! All of the fans and players show as much class in a loss as I am sure they do in victory. They were first class all the way. Too bad I can't say the same about Independence last week, they were poor losers last year and even worse winners this year.

Hats off to White House BD's, Good luck on the rest of the season!

GO BIG BLUE!

The website is updated. Story and stats are up, I'm waiting on photos from the photographer later this weekend. I will also have a Franklin-Simpson preview come Sunday.

Don't forget, each week during the game we are going to keep a live scoring system up and have live game audio on the GAMECENTER page of the site.

To Page fans: We don't normally keep opponents tackle stats because it's too tough to get those accurate live. So if they're missing, that's why.

http://www.whitehousehigh.com/football

Very proud of our Patriots! Plus, I love to see an underdog win once in a while.

Thanks to our classy hosts, White House! Good luck the rest of your season.

I wish I had known you were attending the game. We could have continued our "chicks" conversation at halftime :thumb: