It's that time again!

BrODoGG66

Well boys and girls, since it hasn't been started yet... it's time I kick this off. Judging by the way Coalfield looked tonight, unless Wartburg can somehow play the game of their lives, I just don't see them beating Coalfield in this one. Normally I'd give a final score but I'm not gonna give the Dogs the benefit of "bulletin board material", so all I'm going to say is Coalfield will win this one. By how much? THAT, I won't tell yet. :ph34r:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well boys and girls, since it hasn't been started yet... it's time I kick this off. Judging by the way Coalfield looked tonight, unless Wartburg can somehow play the game of their lives, I just don't see them beating Coalfield in this one. Normally I'd give a final score but I'm not gonna give the Dogs the benefit of "bulletin board material", so all I'm going to say is Coalfield will win this one. By how much? THAT, I won't tell yet. :ph34r:

Brother Dog(The Bounty Hunter), man I can't believe you started this thread without giving me a shout out! Well, I was at the Coalfield game tonight and I must say Coalfield looked pretty tough. Granted, C-Gap wasn't Ohio State, but still the Jackets look like a contender! Tell me, where did you all find this Melton kid? He is an amazing receiver! With all his Jerry Rice catches, this kid has got "star" written all over him! So, I guess I'll go up North and catch the old alma mater take on the tribe. I hope they get off to a good start this year or Coalfield will blow them away come next Friday! Well, B. D., I'll sign off for now- let's keep this thread going next week, what do you say? Peace.

The Melton kid has ties to Morgan Co. and had left for a while. When the family decided to relocate back to the Co. they chose Coalfield. He was't "found". It appears Coalfield School has many positives going on right now and is attracting students. That is tremendous. The School scored in the top 10% of all schools in the State on TCAPS, (along with Central H. S.), has a nationally recognized Science Teacher, A UT All American Head Football Coach with a proven successful record, superb facilities for a Single A School, and HUGE communtiy support. Coalfield is what it is, a school on the move. (Oh, and it appears all Co. mandated drug screens were passed for all drugs tested so please put that rumor to rest for good re: illegal sustance usage.) All reasons to attend Coalfield School.

As for this game in one week. Let's get past Oneida first. Good luck with that and when the orange and black arrive at the Capital next week, I'll bet no body holds back.

:lol:

Edited by CYJacket

The Melton kid has ties to Morgan Co. and had left for a while. When the family decided to relocate back to the Co. they chose Coalfield. He was't "found". It appears Coalfield School has many positives going on right now and is attracting students. That is tremendous. The School scored in the top 10% of all schools in the State on TCAPS, (along with Central H. S.), has a nationally recognized Science Teacher, A UT All American Head Football Coach with a proven successful record, superb facilities for a Single A School, and HUGE communtiy support. Coalfield is what it is, a school on the move. (Oh, and it appears all Co. mandated drug screens were passed for all drugs tested so please put that rumor to rest for good re: illegal sustance usage.) All reasons to attend Coalfield School.

As for this game in one week. Let's get past Oneida first. Good luck with that and when the orange and black arrive at the Capital next week, I'll bet no body holds back.

Amen CY!

CYJ, I guess "found" was a bad choice of words. I didn't mean anything by it. But I am saying that Coalfield's gain is certainly someone's loss! Yeah, Wartburg-Coalfield week is magic. I played in four of them and there was nothing quite like it! I remember running out at Coalfield my junior year. I kid you not; you could hear the boos all the way to Petros!! That was the same year I got a late hit on the Coalfield sideline. All I remember was the yellow flag flying and the whole Coalfield team getting set to bum rush me! I practically ran back to the huddle, but of course I tried to look cool doing it! LOL!!! I hope this year's game is more competitive than the last two, and I hope Wartburg is fired up this year because God knows they weren't last year! Well, I'm sure I'll be talking to you Coalfield faithful later-this week should be interesting! Oh, by the way CYJ, I'm sure Coalfield is a great school(remember the wonderful Mona Justice!) But dude, back in the eighties, none of that mattered. I just wanted to beat them on the field and chase the Coalfield girls! I actually went out with a few- I never told them I was from Wartburg, though! Have a good one.

CYJ, I guess "found" was a bad choice of words. I didn't mean anything by it. But I am saying that Coalfield's gain is certainly someone's loss! Yeah, Wartburg-Coalfield week is magic. I played in four of them and there was nothing quite like it! I remember running out at Coalfield my junior year. I kid you not; you could hear the boos all the way to Petros!! That was the same year I got a late hit on the Coalfield sideline. All I remember was the yellow flag flying and the whole Coalfield team getting set to bum rush me! I practically ran back to the huddle, but of course I tried to look cool doing it! LOL!!! I hope this year's game is more competitive than the last two, and I hope Wartburg is fired up this year because God knows they weren't last year! Well, I'm sure I'll be talking to you Coalfield faithful later-this week should be interesting! Oh, by the way CYJ, I'm sure Coalfield is a great school(remember the wonderful Mona Justice!) But dude, back in the eighties, none of that mattered. I just wanted to beat them on the field and chase the Coalfield girls! I actually went out with a few- I never told them I was from Wartburg, though! Have a good one.

I will give you the bad choice of words, especially considering the week that has been had at Coalfield regarding issues that are being solved. You have never posted any thing but class about Coalfield. I cannot say the same for me in the other direction, partly to razz, partly to get conversation going, and yes some just because of the plain ole rivalry between the two.

Yes, Mrs. Mona is an icon in that school's development. There are numerous people on staff, retired and members of the community that have made major contributions. I would fight a greasy bear over Estel Underwood.

I spent a lot of time in the Capital in High School and especially after graduation. Some by choice, some because of necessity.

You should have told those girls where you were from. It appears, at least back in my day, that we swapped. Coalfield boys paid attention to Wartburg girls and Vice Versa. It might have been beneficial :ph34r: .

As for the game, Wartburg is struggling right now against Oneida according to that lying Adcock on WECO. Anybody that will tell the listeners there is a 585 yard line cannot tell the truth. :( You just should never trust a car salesman :thumb: .

If they are struggling with Oneida, Coalfield and Oneida should be a good game. As for this weeks game, it will be a typical Jacket/Dog game. But I would say that who ever turns the dogs loose; Coalfield will have to put them back up.

Edited by CYJacket