It's that time again!

BrODoGG66

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the same bunch that embarrassed the Coalfield community last year during B-Ball.I hear the same kind of stuff from Coalfield, that you hear from Wartburg when your team is losing. Every body and every thing is wrong but, when you are winning the players and coaches just hung the moon. Just a couple years back, all I heard from people I work with, from Coalfied is that( HIGH POCKETS) has lost his edge and dosent care any more. Boy, what a change, he is the best thing since sliced bread again I will give Coalfield credit they have a fine football program but you have a couple bad years and watch the negativity start just like any other community. Just look at your boys B-ball program its the same kind of crying you are hearing out of Wartburg over football :thumb

This is silly. There are some players on the team that pulled that stunt, and it was appropriately addressed. *High Pockets* was the leader in getting that behavior addressed. So yes, the football team does show class, even when not on the field the Coach is watching behavior and assists in making corrections. The basketball team was out of control and it has been addressed. Coalfield likes to beat Wartburg in everything. It happens more than it should in all sports but that is not this end of the Counties' problem.

Coalfield was down for about three years. That is true. Some nay sayers were stating the silliness you are putting on here but not to the extent I heard Friday night from the Wartburg supporters.The real supporters in Coalfield knew what was coming in a couple of years and well... nuff said about what was coming. However, during this period there was NO attempt to publicly embarrass *High Pockets* on WECO radio as was done Friday night, and over the past two years, hoping to pressure him in to a resignation. But hey he has not lost 11 straight games in his career and that is not expected.

As for a number of bad years, well; Tour a bad year in Coalfield is a 6-4 season as opposed to a 5/5 season about three years ago at the Burg. when that was a *good* season. I think you made the playoffs.

As far as class, if the Jackets have the opportunity to bust the dogs chops again this year I will suspect it will not be done. The score will be held to as low a number as possible. If that happens. It might not. It was overheard that Coalfield could beat Wartburg 100-0 this week with good cause from your supporters. However, last year it could have been as bad, and the year before also. It did not happen. They were called off and that is class. After all, these are kids and even I wouldn't want such an embarrassment to them. And I have heard that expressed from Coach also. The adults with attitudes discussed above though are another matter.

There is a huge difference in razzin' in pregame stuff. However, I do feel sorry for the kids in the program at WHS right now. There is a problem somewhere that is not being addressed. Instead, the problems are being deflected with wild claims that are not true. Work on your own problems in dog town. Meanwhile, Coalfield will continue to build on the successes. Keep an eye on the MC News next week, you will be amazed at what we have coming for improvements. :o

Edited by CYJacket

This is silly. There are some players on the team that pulled that stunt, and it was appropriately addressed. *High Pockets* was the leader in getting that behavior addressed. So yes, the football team does show class, even when not on the field the Coach is watching behavior and assists in making corrections. The basketball team was out of control and it has been addressed. Coalfield likes to beat Wartburg in everything. It happens more than it should in all sports but that is not this end of the Counties' problem.

Coalfield was down for about three years. That is true. Some nay sayers were stating the silliness you are putting on here but not to the extent I heard Friday night from the Wartburg supporters.The real supporters in Coalfield knew what was coming in a couple of years and well... nuff said about what was coming. However, during this period there was NO attempt to publicly embarrass *High Pockets* on WECO radio as was done Friday night, and over the past two years, hoping to pressure him in to a resignation. But hey he has not lost 11 straight games in his career and that is not expected.

As for a number of bad years, well; Tour a bad year in Coalfield is a 6-4 season as opposed to a 5/5 season about three years ago at the Burg. when that was a *good* season. I think you made the playoffs.

As far as class, if the Jackets have the opportunity to bust the dogs chops again this year I will suspect it will not be done. The score will be held to as low a number as possible. If that happens. It might not. It was overheard that Coalfield could beat Wartburg 100-0 this week with good cause from your supporters. However, last year it could have been as bad, and the year before also. It did not happen. They were called off and that is class. After all, these are kids and even I wouldn't want such an embarrassment to them. And I have heard that expressed from Coach also. The adults with attitudes discussed above though are another matter.

There is a huge difference in razzin' in pregame stuff. However, I do feel sorry for the kids in the program at WHS right now. There is a problem somewhere that is not being addressed. Instead, the problems are being deflected with wild claims that are not true. Work on your own problems in dog town. Meanwhile, Coalfield will continue to build on the successes. Keep an eye on the MC News next week, you will be amazed at what we have coming for improvements. :o

CYJ, I think you are absolutely right. I know that I get on here and give my opinions about Wartburg a lot, but like you said, I feel sorry for those kids as well. I also don't think anyone should go public with gripes/grievences either. I suppose a lot of that is emotion coming to the forefront and a lot of it is probably warranted. The situation there in the burg needs to be fixed, but I think there is a right and wrong way to do that. The powers that be will have to go to work on it this week and I hope they do. One needs to remember that kids are influenced by what adults do, say and how they act. No matter what happens, these young people will remember all this twenty years from now. In what light they remember it is what will be important.

I like to beat Wartburg probably more than anybody in Coalfield. I also razz a lot on here but Tour knows that is a family trait re: the burg. I have not razzed this year due to the dire consequences of what is happening up there right now. The kids do not deserve a razz. They don't deserve pity though. They are out there doing what they can w/o whatever is missing.

I truly do dislike the disinformation, and wild rumors that are circulated regarding the Jackets. I have been around that program most all my life in some sort of capacity. That school is important to the Community. There are politics concerning this stuff all around, however; the rumors are unfounded and appear to be an attempt to deflect problems that exist elsewhere. If things were hunkie dorie in the burg then transfers from that school should not be an issue. Recruiting as alleged is not possible. Coalfield has nothing to offer someone to attend school there. There is no such thing as a scholarship, no high paying job that can be offered, and the statement of free rent is well, moronic. As an owner of rental property, I will guarantee that no property is rented without a rent payment. The upkeep, insurance, and taxes keep that from happening. In other words rental property is a business.

So again, the orange and black will invade the dog house Friday, pay their $5 to the cause and leave. After that, we are out of the picture and you can face Alcoa, Sweetwater, Loudon, Rockwood, Oliver Springs and Catholic. That should be real fun. But whatever happens during that period sure will not be Coalfield's fault.

I truly do dislike the disinformation, and wild rumors that are circulated regarding the Jackets. I have been around that program most all my life in some sort of capacity. That school is important to the Community. There are politics concerning this stuff all around, however; the rumors are unfounded and appear to be an attempt to deflect problems that exist elsewhere. If things were hunkie dorie in the burg then transfers from that school should not be an issue. Recruiting as alleged is not possible. Coalfield has nothing to offer someone to attend school there. There is no such thing as a scholarship, no high paying job that can be offered, and the statement of free rent is well, moronic. As an owner of rental property, I will guarantee that no property is rented without a rent payment. The upkeep, insurance, and taxes keep that from happening. In other words rental property is a business.

CYJackit, we needs to get the sckool popplation up to over 300 kids so we have moore athuletes to pick fromme. Mabey then we can compeat width Sowth Pitsburgg, Trewsdale Cownty an them privet sckools lyke CPO and DAC. Why doan yew builld a greate big trailler park so we can eggspand Coalfeild?

Coalfield by 38

CY Jackit an Goose, seariously, ever time I try to wright a poim abowts Whartburg it turns out too vulgar. OK here we go:

John Hall $#!+ a +ur@

Long as fromme here to Wartburg

John Hall ate it all,

and didden't leave enuff for a tumblebug ball.

Edited by festus

CYJackit, we needs to get the sckool popplation up to over 300 kids so we have moore athuletes to pick fromme. Mabey then we can compeat width Sowth Pitsburgg, Trewsdale Cownty an them privet sckools lyke CPO and DAC. Why doan yew builld a greate big trailler park so we can eggspand Coalfeild?

Coalfield by 38

I have thought about it. Except I think it will be multi-million dollar investment with California style condo's. There will be a year round training facility, olympic size pool, and golf course for the high class dads.

Of course, since we are recruiting, all this will be provided rent free, utilities, free groceries at IGS, and free gas at Henry's. Even if I loose money, that will be worth a great football team. Ha/ :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by CYJacket