HHS vs. WCHS

Defense10

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is pretty funny that Rocky left because he didnt like the coaches and didnt think we could win. Yet when he came back he got a spanking. Rocky is definitely very upset off being how cocky he is. Glad to see HHS win.

They seem to play much more of team ball than they did last yr with Ed Sawyer. They would just hand off to Ed. But now Gregory, Roper, Carlton are all very good and it should be much more balanced between them. Watson was solid at QB, although I didnt see anything special from Chason Wall.

Very weird that they kept calling timeout when the game was in hand. They should of just let the clock go. Somewhat unsportsmanlike, but i guess Aric felt they needed a score for some sort of moral boost going into next week or something. I'm just glad HHS controlled the game and won handily.

Unsportsmanlike or a team fighting with all resources to the very end? Philosophical question.

VI

Well first off Mike Hart told everyone about how he got punched in the face during the fight that broke out but the reffs didnt see it they threw the flag for a different player pushing Hart when he tried to help Champlin up off of Rocky( it was a nasty hit)....secondly all i know is that its a long drive from Hendersonville to Wilson Central especialy after a loss...and now Rocky has experienced that long ride home twice.....hahahaha

First off, congrads to Hendersonville. They came out to play and were motivated from last years loss and everything about Rocky. Simply put they played better.

Second, the penalty on the sidelines was not on Rocky but another player trying to protect his teamate. Don't know who started the issue but the player flaged was just protecting his teamate. There was a lot of mouthing on both sides. Hendersonvill player was flaged on a subsequent extra point attempt. Also, a lot of holding not called.

First half was a defense controlled game but Hendersonville came out with a few big plays to start the second half when they were backed up facing long yardage. That is what an offense is suppose to do. Turnovers were big for WC. I think there were 4. One fumble on the 1 yard line. That takes the breath out of a team. Central also had to burn a couple of timeouts early due to youth and that came back to hurt them at the end of the second quarter.

Overall, Hendersonville looked good and earned the win. Wilson Central has to regroup and get ready for Mt. Juliet. They will. Maybe they took Hendersonville for granted and were looking to Mt. Juliet. Doesn't matter. Hendersonville won.

As for the timeouts at the end. Coach Aric wanted to end on a positive play and put points on the board. Most coaches would have played it that way

Go Wildcats!

Edited by WCWildcat#1Fan

I think it is pretty funny that Rocky left because he didnt like the coaches and didnt think we could win. Yet when he came back he got a spanking. Rocky is definitely very upset off being how cocky he is. Glad to see HHS win.

They seem to play much more of team ball than they did last yr with Ed Sawyer. They would just hand off to Ed. But now Gregory, Roper, Carlton are all very good and it should be much more balanced between them. Watson was solid at QB, although I didnt see anything special from Chason Wall.

that is funny that rocky left because hendersonville couldnt win. And as for Wall he may not have been a big impact on plays but he had one job and that was to shut down number 89 and he did a good job at it. In all hendersonville played a great game.

Thats what happens when an impact player goes against an impact team

and if you want to talk about disrespect they got rocky to break it down on the 50 yard line before the game

still excited about the game cant help it ............did you know that is the first season opener victory for the commandos since 2000

WCWildcat#1fan,

Very classy post, hats off.

It is easy to get wrapped up in the emotion and not give credit where credit is due, the winning team. Wilson Central is a better team than the score indicates.

We will probably never know what really happened on the sideline because we were not on the sideline and the story we get from a 17 year old football player will probably be tainted.

As a parent of a former Commando I saw a lot of things from the Commando's that really impressed me. 1. Many players contributing on both sides of the ball. 2. A fake punt in the first half from inside the 40. 3. Better coverage in the secondary than I have seen in a long time. 4. A group of young men. and their parents working as a team.

Oh and Mike 1/2 the plays is better than 1/3, lets try for 3/4 next game.

First off, congrads to Hendersonville. They came out to play and were motivated from last years loss and everything about Rocky. Simply put they played better.

Second, the penalty on the sidelines was not on Rocky but another player trying to protect his teamate. Don't know who started the issue but the player flaged was just protecting his teamate. There was a lot of mouthing on both sides. Hendersonvill player was flaged on a subsequent extra point attempt. Also, a lot of holding not called.

First half was a defense controlled game but Hendersonville came out with a few big plays to start the second half when they were backed up facing long yardage. That is what an offense is suppose to do. Turnovers were big for WC. I think there were 4. One fumble on the 1 yard line. That takes the breath out of a team. Central also had to burn a couple of timeouts early due to youth and that came back to hurt them at the end of the second quarter.

Overall, Hendersonville looked good and earned the win. Wilson Central has to regroup and get ready for Mt. Juliet. They will. Maybe they took Hendersonville for granted and were looking to Mt. Juliet. Doesn't matter. Hendersonville won.

As for the timeouts at the end. Coach Aric wanted to end on a positive play and put points on the board. Most coaches would have played it that way

Go Wildcats!