Alcoa Vs Maryville

k12koop

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be Alcoa's best chance to beat Maryville in awhile. Alcoa has a very strong senior class.

If Tank Baker can't play Maryville will have a difficult time beating Alcoa.

Maryville is great at the skill positions. They struggle a little bit up front. This is the smallest offensive line they have has in awhile. Great thing is David Ellis will improve these guys.

Defensively the line is talented but young. 2 sophomores start. They will be studs by their senior year. Josh Cantwell played well tonight. He is a lunch bucket type player. Linebackers Tanner Caylor and Landon Hall are outstanding. I believe before it is over Tim Rodrigues will be the other starter at linebacker. He played well tonight. But! You can tell he still gets confused at times. He is a transfer from Virginia. Secondary is very talented.

Alcoa is a scary team. They have such great athletes. The scariest thing is they are more physical. Maryville has always been much more physical than Alcoa and that is why they have beaten them a lot here lately. Alcoa may be more disciplined under Gary Rankin.

This game will come down to a mistake by either team. Whoever makes the fewest mistakes will win.

This will be Alcoa's best chance to beat Maryville in awhile. Alcoa has a very strong senior class.

If Tank Baker can't play Maryville will have a difficult time beating Alcoa.

Maryville is great at the skill positions. They struggle a little bit up front. This is the smallest offensive line they have has in awhile. Great thing is David Ellis will improve these guys.

Defensively the line is talented but young. 2 sophomores start. They will be studs by their senior year. Josh Cantwell played well tonight. He is a lunch bucket type player. Linebackers Tanner Caylor and Landon Hall are outstanding. I believe before it is over Tim Rodrigues will be the other starter at linebacker. He played well tonight. But! You can tell he still gets confused at times. He is a transfer from Virginia. Secondary is very talented.

Alcoa is a scary team. They have such great athletes. The scariest thing is they are more physical. Maryville has always been much more physical than Alcoa and that is why they have beaten them a lot here lately. Alcoa may be more disciplined under Gary Rankin.

This game will come down to a mistake by either team. Whoever makes the fewest mistakes will win.

I heard this same nonsense last year and I expect the same results this year. Maryville disects Alcoa again. Coaching, preparation, winning culture, team oriented attack and defense will triumph over the handful of D-1 college potential guys Alcoa has.

Edited by maj

Maryville absolutely cannot be considered the underdogs for a ton of reasons:

4A vs 2A -- 4A really should win most of those matchups

History -- Maryville has won this series most often in the recent memories of the players

Coaching -- Alcoa has a new coach, Maryville has the same old skipper who just keeps winning

Home field advantage to the Rebels

Losing those guys hurts the Rebels, but it's not like the Lakers losing Kobe Bryant. All players at Maryville are a piece of a very large puzzle and usually have another piece that can plug any hole they leave...last year Maryville won playoff games without their star running back for example.

Having said all that, I agree with Ron that this will be the best chance for Alcoa to beat Maryville for awhile to come with all the AHS talent this year coinciding with Maryville's lack of size and loss of some players.