Oak Ridge vs. Clinton

NickOrlando

Kat,

Good post.

I was trying to figure out what Fulmer had to do with Clinton or OR.

Surely we are not comparing his record to that of Clinton. Especially since he is at the top or near the top in winning percentages of all active college coaches that have coached for 10 or more years.

Ole Dad

Cats kick some Dragon Tail and improve each week thereafter.

My comments clarified on Fulmer are this. I have long thought that Fulmer success was a little overrated. Track record is good but when the horses aren't there, so goes the track record. To me a good coach is one who has success with players who don't necessarily win on talent. They do it by team work and discipline. Take Summit or Pearl. They have consistently put together good teams, regardless of the talent level. They have a tendancy to maximize and get everything they can out of their players. I haven't seen Fulmer accomplish that yet. He's not bad but to consider him one of the best, it opens up a lot of room for debate.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was about as kooky as anything I've ever heard. Fulmer has been head coach 17 years and has a better record than any other D1 coach in America with at least 10 years coaching. That is consistent winning. On the other hand, Pearl has not coached very long or been at any school for more than a couple of years but has exceeded their expectations but has no championships to show for his efforts. Pat Summitt on the otherhand has been outcoached by Geno for the past 10 years consistently. She gets the best talent and does a good job but to say she wins with inferior talent is the most stupid comment I've ever heard. You are a fair weather fan and Fulmer has a bad year and you get on the "I knew it all along" bandwagon. You may want to go on a board that discusses gardening because you have no clue about sports.

Ole Dad

My comments clarified on Fulmer are this. I have long thought that Fulmer success was a little overrated. Track record is good but when the horses aren't there, so goes the track record. To me a good coach is one who has success with players who don't necessarily win on talent. They do it by team work and discipline. Take Summit or Pearl. They have consistently put together good teams, regardless of the talent level. They have a tendancy to maximize and get everything they can out of their players. I haven't seen Fulmer accomplish that yet. He's not bad but to consider him one of the best, it opens up a lot of room for debate.

That was about as kooky as anything I've ever heard. Fulmer has been head coach 17 years and has a better record than any other D1 coach in America with at least 10 years coaching. That is consistent winning. On the other hand, Pearl has not coached very long or been at any school for more than a couple of years but has exceeded their expectations but has no championships to show for his efforts. Pat Summitt on the otherhand has been outcoached by Geno for the past 10 years consistently. She gets the best talent and does a good job but to say she wins with inferior talent is the most stupid comment I've ever heard. You are a fair weather fan and Fulmer has a bad year and you get on the "I knew it all along" bandwagon. You may want to go on a board that discusses gardening because you have no clue about sports.

Ole Dad

Kooky, maybe but here is the facts. Fulmer started in 1992. By my math, thats 14 years, not 17. Peyton years, plus National Championship. 86% winning percentage. Since then 70% winning percentage. Pete Carroll at USC 82% + 2 National Championships. Straight from UT's website, "since 1996 UT has the nation's-best 64 players selected in the NFL Draft, including 12 first-round picks". HOW MANY CHAMPIONSHIP DID IT ADD UP TOO? One and one only. Manning had as much of a positive impact on that program as Fulmer ever has. Summit, why debate. She is the best, always will be the best, if you think not, you can only help me feel self gratified that I'm the superior mind in this arguement. As for Pearl. Dude, Pearl coach Div II Southern Indiana for 9 years. Thats more than a couple. He was at UW-milwaukee for 4. MORE THAN A COUPLE. Now at TN. TN has stunk at basketball FOREVER. To take the kids he took to the Dance, he is the Man. National Championship within 5 years. YOU HEARD IT HEAR FIRST!!!

Nobody cares how many muderers and thugs UT has put in the NFL. This thread is about Oak Ridge at Clinton, not the Fat One and his underachieving football teams.

Oak Ridge will light it up friday night. They will not take this game lightly. Most of these boys have grown up in Oak Ridge and they know the history of this game. They do not have to be told. Most of them were in the stands when Clinton tore the goal post down. One things for sure at OR, nobody wants to be remembered as the team that got beat by Clinton. Even if they did score 74 points on them last year, this is the first game of the season. They need no extra motivation to get fired up for game 1. They are tired of hitting each other and ready to hit someone in a different colored jersey. So for all the Clinton fans that are hoping we are gonna take this game lightly, it's not gonna happen.

If I were a Clinton fan I would be prepared to leave in the third quarter.

Hey Dragoonz, if y'all pull the upset, are the goalposts coming down? Do you remember when a Clinton fans (not students, these were adults) tore down the posts at Blankenship field, and then put the picture of them with the goalpost on the cover of the Clinton paper? Now, that is comedy right there! I've never heard of tearing down the other teams goal posts, it was a classic.

Students say that they are coming down if we win, I havent ever seen other teams goalpost get tore down either, but they did that night, Coach Shattuck lets the students come on the field at the Clinton games after the games now, so there would be no one stopping the Students from tearing them DOWN!!!!

Go Dragons!!!!

Hey Dragoonz, if y'all pull the upset, are the goalposts coming down? Do you remember when a Clinton fans (not students, these were adults) tore down the posts at Blankenship field, and then put the picture of them with the goalpost on the cover of the Clinton paper? Now, that is comedy right there! I've never heard of tearing down the other teams goal posts, it was a classic.

Unfortunately they probably will. I don't approve but who am I to judge. This is big for Clinton. One, they normally get whipped by Oak Ridge. Its a know fact. I personnally would love to see them beat Oak Ridge, shake hands and walk off the field. Kind of like they belong. Reality is that Clinton hasn't had a program worth a crap for years and any win, to go with the 2 wins in the previous 2 years, is BIG. Oak Ridge would be HUGE.

from what i have been readin there r a few oak rodge football players on here that running their mouth. if u think that oak ridge is just gonna come into clinton and beat them w/ ease ur sadly mistaken. i lokk for clinton to pull off the upset and out a shock on the world!