Campbell County vs. Heritage

Nice post Peeblee. When did CCCHS open. Heritage opened in '77. I played against CCCHS during the '79, '80, '81 seasons at another school here in Blount County. We played twice up there. I am curious if anyone knows the all time records for both schools. Heritage had some good teams in the past. I think the '82 team was 10-0. That was the first year they ever beat Maryville.

not bashing just responding to info i know to be true to answer your question. ccchs has 30? seasons under there belt with 1 season of 500 or better at least 4 to 6 zero win seasons and 5 1 win seasons and 2? 4 win seasons, so i'm sure you'll find hhs with more wins.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice post Peeblee. When did CCCHS open. Heritage opened in '77. I played against CCCHS during the '79, '80, '81 seasons at another school here in Blount County. We played twice up there. I am curious if anyone knows the all time records for both schools. Heritage had some good teams in the past. I think the '82 team was 10-0. That was the first year they ever beat Maryville.

JKar is very accurate with his "CC stats"...

CC opened in teh early 70's

not really sure of the year...

will have to do a little research on that one...

I do remember that I had been in teh CC school system three years when it opened...

that would make around '73...

help me out VTimes Editor..

I'm pretty sure it was 1982 (and the freshman moved up three years later) when CCHS opened the dors. I'll try to dig out Rodney's(who is now coaching at Bearden) book he wrote on Cougar football. It is very informative.

William Blount opened in 1979 and they played CCCHS in Football in '79, '80, and '81. William Blount's first win was against CCCHS in 1979 which was WB's 2nd game. The school looked to be about 1 or 2 years old at the time because the grass was established etc. I remember all the sod and stuff at WB back then. I bet they opened about the same time as Heritage 1977.

I think you got confused with 1982 because that was back when Uncle Rico was the Quarterback...

Hopefully the Oline will step up.....Voltime, what did you think of the timing between Fleming and Stiner last week on those handoffs? It seemed Brance and Cory was on the same page but Fleming was not. We can't make those kind of mistakes this week, hopefully they have that worked out!

I think the handoff timing on Flemming/Stiner was priobably a result of Flemming being primarily a defensive player. MInton and Stiner have been teammates since middle school so their timing should be clockwork.

I think that Mountaineer will skin the Cougar. Of course around here in Blount County we call mountain lions panthers not cougars. Are you all getting away from your Southern Appalachian Heritage or did you just really like the alliteration of 3 C's.

Heritage by 14.

Cougars does better than the Wyoming and Kentucky Campbell County schools both known at the Camels. You also have the Powel High Panthers so you already have one school with that name.

Funny note Rutledge once placed Thomas Walker, Va both are the Pioneers, both colors are blue and grey, and they use same pioneer guy emblem.

Im still thinking this going to be a good game between Campbell Co. and Heritage.