Science Hill at Elizabethton

CycloneFan

Oh TVA, are you that naive?

Dont you know what "bulletin board material" really means?

And I like my life just fine thank you very much......

Kill the Hill!!!!!!!

By the way what does TVA stand for......Tennessee Valley Arse or Authority, or maybe TransVes....better not go there!!!!! All in jest TVA......

GO CLONES!!

Seriously, tell us, ..... you do secretly keep a bulletin board, ... don't you? It's ok.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tonights the night kids... Cyclones and Toppers in Betsy... expect people standing around the edge of the field watching the game... the 2002 game was like that and was amazing. I won't be there... work, but will try to catch it on the radio. Good luck to both teams with NO injuries but hopefully the Toppers come out on top. My updated pred: SHHS 24 Betsy 17

Hopefully this is a better game than South/DB :)

I hope that it's just like the south/db game in THE HILL's favor :)

Noticed that you got on the DB bandwagon on the South/DB thread. Interesting. What was it you said........."THE DB TEAM THEME THIS YEAR SHOULD BE 'LEAVE NO DOUBT'......"JUST STATING FACTS" I guess what you meant is that what GLee had written must be truth? "facts are facts"! What a two faced JOKE you are! :):)

If you were paying attention you would have noticed that my comment “THE DB TEAM THEME THIS YEAR SHOULD BE 'LEAVE NO DOUBT' was posted on a DB thread and I will ALWAYS give credit where it’s due. But I’m not going from thread to thread singing praises to the Tribe like you and your buddies.

TVA:

Okay you got me. I keep a bulletin board with a picture of Steve Spurrier on it and throw darts at it.

What does your name really stand for?

It's all in fun my man .... be cool .... Good luck to 'Betsy !!

Props for the Spurrier jab !!

Edited by TVA

SH 21

Betsy 7....

SH 2-0 Betsy 0-2.... Micah with three picks! Big game for Solomon (lightining)... 4 games in a row for the Hill... game was sorta boring after the first half (listening anyway)

GO TOPPERS

looks like the Topper D is back... didnt get burnt by the Elizabethton WR's

Edited by Topper70

Great game to watch. 2 big plays for SH, 1 pass for 50+ and 1 run for 50+ yds, finished off the Cyclones early. Again, the Cyclones established good ball movement and then get away from what works. Just as last week, the middle of the field is still available at most times. Only one pass thrown across the middle. In the second half, pass protection completely broke down. Betsy better get a stable of QBs if this is the protection they will be throwing behind. 2 long passes dropped and these are big. No consistancy and no running game at all, but against two quality teams and getting ready for the Mt. Lakes Conference, you have to be upbeat for the Cyclones. Lots of work to do!!

Congradulations to the Toppers and good luck down the road. #40 is a handfull and sees the field extemely well.

Edited by GLee

HATS OFF TO TOPPERS VERY PHYSICAL.JUST WISH SOME GUYS HAD SOME HELP.MAYBE SOME WILL STEP UP NEXT WEEK.TO YOU GUYS GIVING YOUR ALL I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU.O LINE GOT WHIPPED TONIGHT.D LINE NO FIRE AT ALL JUST GOING THRU MOTIONS.IF BETSY WINS ITS GOT TO BE THRU THE AIR NO DOUBT.VERY PROUD OF #11,#8,#44 YOU GUYS LEAVE IT OUT THERE.GO CYCLONES,NEXT WEEK COUNTS

Preston Smith is an warrior, I walked away very impressed and it would may have been an different outcome if Betsy had some type of running game.

The Hill's defense looks to bend but don't break. Micah Hollifield(sp) made some huge plays to preserve the victory. The defense was able to get pressure all night long and didn't give up any big plays through the air and was able to contain Smith from getting outside for the most part. Tackling was crisp and the defensive backs were able to get their hands on the ball to break up passes. Betsy has no run offense besides Smith escaping pressure. Now if the defense can get some help.

The offense was lacking any firepower besides the long runs by Alexander(after an 10 yard catch) and Duahnah. Elizabehton did an great job of adjusting their defense to defend Solomon in the second half and the offense seemed to be playing not to lose with several three and outs. It was disappointing not to see the press coverage exploited although one TD was dropped in the first half that may have blown the game wide open. Elizabtheton's dbs were alot better against the option than Centrals and the offense seemed to stall.

Special teams were great except for an ill advised fielding of an punt that was muffed and recovered late in the game. The missed 38 yard field goal came after the dropped td but the snap was high so that was understandable. Solomon is an human missile on the kickoff team and will cause an turnover(s) inthe near future and is an touchdown waiting to happen on the return but Betsy did an good job of kicking away from him.

Overall, it was an well played game and no injuries going into the bye week. I came away awed at Smith's determination, grit and ability, too bad he's needed on both sides of the ball or Science Hill may have came away with an loss tonight. I'm looking forward to the off week so I can turn my attention to UT-Cal game but I'm sure that the Viking game will be in my thoughts and that is an scary game. The offense will need to sustain some drives to help the defense get some rest but this team is really starting to come together nicely. This was good win against an well coached team and I'll take it. Looking forward to my first visit to the Stone Castle.

EHS better have 4 or 5 QB's because their line will get a person sent to the ER quick. They cannot run or will not run. They are beat up so next week might be a bigger challenge.

Who's beat up? I heard that #30 got hurt, but didn't hear of any others. It looked like Betsy had people open all night long and would only look to throw it to one or two guys. J.C. was impressive, their speed and size was better than what I thought they would be. Say all you want to bad about Betsy put with the experience they have gotten the last two weeks, they could possible run the table the rest of the regular season. I don't know of another team in the area that could play with Kingsport and Johnson City the way they did.

Edited by CADDYBRIE

HATS OFF TO TOPPERS VERY PHYSICAL.JUST WISH SOME GUYS HAD SOME HELP.MAYBE SOME WILL STEP UP NEXT WEEK.TO YOU GUYS GIVING YOUR ALL I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU.O LINE GOT WHIPPED TONIGHT.D LINE NO FIRE AT ALL JUST GOING THRU MOTIONS.IF BETSY WINS ITS GOT TO BE THRU THE AIR NO DOUBT.VERY PROUD OF #11,#8,#44 YOU GUYS LEAVE IT OUT THERE.GO CYCLONES,NEXT WEEK COUNTS

It looked like the D line done pretty well. Sure there were a couple bad series but they shut the toppers out for about three quarters. Must have been doing something right. I remember a couple series were JC went backwards. I think theres more than three leaving it out there. #8 was very good running the ball. 44 played some good defense can remember much on 11 other than the interference call in the endzone.